Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Mahesh NatarajanYour feedback matters!
If your teenager finds out that she is pregnant, and will be having a baby soon, it is a very difficult situation to cope with. Teenage pregnancy is associated with intense stress and trauma in both the girl and her parents, and family. It is important for you to realise that teenage pregnancy can be okay, based on good and wise decisions. You should seek all options at hand, and discuss them with people you trust. There are several coping methods for dealing with the stress, trauma, and difficulty of teenage pregnancy. They are as follows:
Keep in mind that it is okay to be overwhelmed
- A flood of emotions is likely to flow through your body on finding out that your teenage daughter is pregnant.
- Your mind has to be set for facing several challenges which lie ahead. You have to go ahead.
- It is okay to feel upset, but avoid showing it in front of your daughter.
- You might be upset and angry, but you need to realise that your daughter is scared and alone.
- She needs you by her side during this phase more than ever. Your child’s health has to remain relaxed both physically and mentally during pregnancy.
- Do not make your daughter feel shameful as it will worsen the trauma. You need to make her understand that you are with her to figure out some kind of solution.
Ask your daughter what she wants
- It is important for you to ask your pregnant teenage daughter about what she wants, and you should respect her wishes.
- Your daughter has to be comfortable with the choices you make regarding the pregnancy.
Give her advice and help her in exploring options
- Instead of forcing your opinions and views on your daughter, you need to lead her to beneficial resources and support centres.
- It is important for your daughter to make the best decision, without a lot of influence over what has been decided.
- Explore the available options with her and point out the various pros and cons.
Teach your daughter the skills required to become independent
- While you have to help your teenage daughter emotionally, financially and in many other ways, you should also teach her the ways of becoming an independent self sufficient adult.
- If she decides on having the baby, it is very important for her to learn to take care of the baby and deal with all the issues that are likely to be faced.
It is also recommended for you to take your pregnant teenage daughter for therapy and proper counselling. These are also important for her to cope with the trauma and make the best decisions.
I am engineering student now and when i was in 10th standard i shaved my eyebroos because my eyebroos were joint,and my friends teased me and condemned me like anything so i hated them and fought with them and i felt very angry.Then my anger grew and i fought with everyone and i hated everyone,and i got tensesd,worried becas they called me eyebroos.I,worried and depressed.I bacame tensed,fearfull, and i have memory loss.Now how can i improve my memory?
Many government entities are enacting laws to ban smoking from all indoor public places, including bars and restaurants. However, despite all these steps, this very expensive habit is still prevalent in society.
Mostly people start smoking as teens, and they are addicted by the time they reach adulthood. There are many different reasons why people smoke. They can start out of curiosity, peer pressure, a desire to fit in with a group or look older and mature, or even to rebel.
It can also be influenced by parental example or used as a means to reduce stress and feel more relaxed. In some countries like the united states, the impact of advertising and media is waning as governments have restricted such practices, but it continues in many parts of the world.
According to the centers for disease control and prevention, an estimated 43.8 million americans smoke. It is the leading cause of preventable deaths in the u. S.
Smoking kills more people than obesity, substance abuse, infectious diseases, firearms and traffic accidents.
There are about 600 ingredients in cigarettes that when burned create more than 7, 000 chemicals. Some of the most harmful chemicals released in cigarette smoke are nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, formaldehyde, arsenic, ammonia, lead, benzene, butane, cadmium, hexamine, toluene and lots more.
These chemicals are harmful to the smoker as well as those exposed to secondhand smoke.
This habit is very difficult to break. Even when cutting down on cigarettes, you begin to go into a withdrawal phase and experience a variety of symptoms like headaches, fatigue, irritability and nicotine cravings.
But there are many reasons to quit, not the least of which are improving your health and saving your hard-earned money.
Hello Dr. ,from last 1 week or more I am feeling very upset without any reason. I feel very negative in every thing and can not cope up with my situation I feel very tired and feels like I forgot everything please tell me what can I do.
Hello doctor my parent has head ache he are very stress please give him painful life I hold UA legas doctor?
Sir when I am working on computer I miss the alphabet for example at 2, 4 min I forget that which alphabet is called a. Same things happen with numbers. My expression are change immediately. And I also can't sleep long time. I wake up 4 5 time on night bt I m feeling so tired. I am thinking so much without any connection and limitations. Is this symptoms for depression. What I do ?which kind of doctor I contact.
I am a 27 years old guy but in my mind I am always thinking about negative thought why sir or madam.
I am loosing my presence. Last one month my temper is high when I take tens so what can do is this condition.
Am a medical student. And preparing for AIPMT. Due to stress and burden of study my B.P increases between 130_135. Which lead to headache and laziness or also feeling of fever. So tell me best solution for this so I can continue my study without any disturbance.
Doctor now a days I am feeling more complex about myself. If someone tease me or scold me I am become upset the whole day and thinking about that always. I can't able to take it easy. And I am afraid to face them next time. Pls help me overcome my complex.
While consuming alcohol in small amounts has its health benefits, using alcohol as an escape from daily social and work pressures could lead to harmful effects. Consuming alcohol more than the body can endure can pave the way for devastating health conditions, including permanent damage to the liver.
1. What is alcohol addiction?
When a person becomes so dependent on alcohol that it becomes difficult to function without it, the condition is called alcohol addiction. Untreated alcohol abuse can progress dependences to an addiction to alcohol characterized by physical dependence and/or inability to stop despite serious consequences. Once they begin drinking, alcoholics have little to no control over the amount they consume.
2. Signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence are as follows:
- Significant hangovers and increase in time needed to recover from after-effects of alcohol use.
- Increased amount of alcohol consumed because of increased tolerance; or, decrease in the effects of alcohol use without substantial increases in the amount consumed.
- Reduced attention to personal and professional responsibilities.
- Repeated unsuccessful efforts to reduce alcohol consumption.
- Withdrawal symptoms when unable to consume alcohol.
- Continuing to consume alcohol despite knowing its harmful effects.
3. What are the short-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- The short-term effects of alcohol consumption above a specified level differ from person to person, depending on the age and weight of the person, and whether the alcohol has been taken on an empty or full stomach.
- Though the short-term effects of alcohol are pleasant in the first place, they may lead to poor concentration, diminishing reflexes, lack of coordination and many other conditions which may lead to slowing down of the important activities of the brain.
- It may also lead to emotional and psychological changes, sleep disorders, drowsiness, slurring of speech, nausea and vomiting.
- The short-term effects of alcohol are further amplified when it is consumed along with certain medications.
4. What are the long-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- Daily consumption of alcohol for a prolonged period of time can lead to death of cells in the brain, causing nerve damage, eventually leading to poor mental and physical functions.
- Alcohol addiction causes damage to the liver, and leads to a severe medical condition called cirrhosis, where the liver is required to be transplanted.
- It may also lead to pancreatitis, which is a dangerous inflammation of the pancreas.
- When the body becomes tolerant to high doses of alcohol, consuming alcohol no more leads to short-term effects of alcohol. The condition, commonly referred to as tolerance, may lead to total dependence on alcohol in case of some individuals.
If a person has become addicted to alcohol, he/she would keep on drinking regardless of the mental and physical effects of alcohol. It may also cause relationship troubles, a steady drop in sexual performance, loss of job, and many other devastating outcomes. Therefore, it is crucial to opt for treatment while the situation is under control. Otherwise, it may affect all aspects of a person’s life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.