Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Mahesh Natarajan
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Mahesh NatarajanYour feedback matters!
Hello, Doctor i'm 19 years old boy. This year I got admission in graduation 1 years but whenever I think to join the enjoying group of the student I find myself different, a one thing arrives in my mind career, career, career and I sit alone and think. How can come out from this depression?
I am taking medication for depression and ocd. I feel a lot better however, everyone keeps telling me that I would get addicted to these medicines for life. Whenever I miss a dose, I can see a drastic change in me from my normal self. So, what shd I do from getting addicted. 2nd question is. Can I take regular medicines like crocin, dolo650, over the counter painkillers, cough syrup, sinus tablet while I am taking these psychiatric medicines? please answer me doc. Thank you sophie.
Dear sir I am just 18 year old. My problems starts with the girl. But I am not in relationship with her. My mind starts divert from 12 april 2015. So many illusions creates in my mind. But when I was going to solve my illusion another new1 create in my mind. Approx 13000 hours has been gone but still I can't understand me. Everything when I am think being my problem. After all this time when I m asking you my problem. It also becomes my problem. So sir please is it possible to divert my mind or erase my memories of last 54 days? please sir I wants to live my life and come back in my life again.
Person with psychiatric medicines can get fitness certificate for job before completion of whole course because it takes years to complete the whole course.
I am having hiatal hernia problem. I get lots of burps and frequent heart burns due to it. I sometimes feel pain and heaviness on left side of my chest. I am a bit worried about it. I cannot sustain too much mental stress. Kindly help.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!