Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Mr. Abdul BariYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam. I love to watch my girlfriend while sex with other. This is my fantasy want to see her sex with other one and in middle I also join. I talked to my gf regarding this. Initially she was not ready but now she turns on when we talk about two men one women intercourse fantasy. She is ready to get sex by two person she is excited too much. Should we go for this? she is my life and I am her life we love each other. We are in a relationship from last 12 years.
I am 21 years old. But my memory is very poor. I can't remember a simple thing some times. I am also facing aging problem. People who never meet me thought that I am 36 or 40 years old. Please help me.
I have stuttering problem. It avoids me from talking to people. It really affecting my professional life .Kindly help get rid off this.
I do not feel excited or elated which is supposed to happen and which happens to most guys. Instead I feel really depressed and I just want to run away from that place and confine myself to my home away from women. I know why this happens to me. I have a low self esteem issue which makes me think I am unattractive to girls so its better I avoid them so that I do not bother them with my ugliness and weird behavior. This tendency has really restricted my interaction with girls and I cannot seem to find a way outta this. Its like I want to avoid girls but at the same time I cry from inside that I am single leading to low self esteem. I am really stuck. Please help. suggestions to battle this insecurity would be highly appreciated. Thank You.
I have had this problem for a while but it seems to be getting much worse. I think it is probably due to anxiety but not sure. Whenever I lay down afternoon or at night I can hear and feel my heart beating. It feels as though there is a sledge hammer in my chest pounding back and forth. I can hear and feel every single beat. It makes it impossible to relax and rest. I am now having trouble going to sleep because of it. I am always tired. I experience body aches. I can not do physical activity long enough like my peers.
Psychiatry is not just a form of medicine to identify and treat the psychiatric illness, but it also helps in improving attention, cognition, memory and concentration. Psychiatry has its role in different fields and working in the field of memory improvement is quite interesting. Memory is basically the process through which a person stores information for days, months and years.
Human brain is a dynamic entity and has wonderful capacity to store information and recall it as and when required. However, our memory is affected by a number of reasons, such as aging, accidents, negligence and certain diseases, which involves our brain and nervous system. Further, the memory of an event will improve, based on the frequency at which it has been recalled.
Apart from the frequency of recall, psychiatry can also help a person to improve the capacity of brain and sharpen their memory to store incidents or events for a prolonged period of time.
How along with psychiatric therapy you can improve your memory
- Improving your concentration while doing any work will naturally improve your memory. Doing things with concentration will help us in storing information for a longer period of time.
- Relieving your mind from stress or anxiety is also a great way to improve your memory as stress has the ability to hamper your memory.
- Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is essential for a better memory. For increasing the memory power, psychiatrists insist on a diet which is anti inflammatory, rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A simple 20 minute exercise routine will not just help you to stay fit physically, but mentally as well.
- It also important to sleep properly, as sleep helps your mind and body to prepare for the next day. It is also advised to have a short nap in the afternoon to improve your brain functioning during the day time.
- Smoking and frequent consumption of caffeine also hampers your memory, thus, it is advised that one should quit smoking and reduce the consumption of caffeine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist and ask a free question.
My husband is going through the toughest problem of his life. . He is never satisfied with anything he have like his job family everything he is being very much violent with me n many a time he is really being harsh n physically abusing me. I am really very upset about my life. . He used to love me so much but now I feel nothing like that. . After behaving like all that violence he forgets everything n sometime cry like a kid if I make him remember n says sorry for all what he did but doesn't remember anything n these days even saying that he wants to die he is asking me for mercy killing. . Help me please help me.
What are the symptoms of depression and what medical treatment should be taken to ensure compliance.
Hi I am not feeling well. I am not able to sleep properly I am working in night shift. Even of its sat sun week off I am not able to sleep in night. Nw I have also tonsil problem. I have habit of smoking.
I have memory loss problem. I don't remember things for long time. Please toell me what should I do? Please advise.
"Bipolar disorder" can be vanished totally or not? I am taking medicine from very long period of time.
Even after an amputation, many patients claim to feel chronic pain in the amputated limb. This is known as phantom limb pain. It may also be experienced by paralytic patients or patients who have suffered from a stroke that has left then with a restricted range of possible movements. This pain can affect a person's daily life by making simple activities like walking, eating, dressing etc difficult. Mirror therapy is an effective way of treating phantom limb pain. It uses a mirror to manipulates the visual feedback sent to the brain and trick the mind into believing that the affected limb can move without pain and hence.
Mirror therapy was first developed by Vilayanur S. Ramachandran. This therapy is based on the hypothesis that even though a limb has been amputated or is paralyzed, the brain still receives sensory feedback from it whenever the patient tries to move the affected limb. This feedback becomes ingrained. Mirror therapy was developed as way to retrain the mind and eliminate this learned process.
To undergo mirror therapy, a patient must sit at a table with a box that has a mirror on one side. The affected limb or stump is placed inside the box in such as way that it is not visible and the other hand is placed on the table opposite the mirror. Visually, the reflection of the active hand on the table takes the place of the inactive one inside the box. The patient is then instructed to move the active hand.
In cases of amputated limbs, the patient's pain is triggered by feeling that the phantom limb is stuck in an uncomfortable position and cannot be moved. By the artificial visual feedback of seeing the hand and its reflection move comfortably, the brain is tricked into believing that the phantom limb is also moving. This helps ease the pain. In cases of paralyzed limbs, this can also help regain movement.
Mirror therapy can be practiced at home and usually does not require a therapist's intervention. To benefit from it, a patient must find a quiet secluded part of the house where he or she will not be disturbed. Unlike other forms of therapy, mirror therapy should be practiced for not more than five minutes at a time. However, the patient may do this as many times as he likes during the day. As this is a non invasive procedure, there are no side effects to this kind of therapy.
I do not want to do masturbating, I don't like but I can't control when that type of feeling and I can't concentrate on my studies properly. My mind is totally diverted whn that type of feeling comes. What can I do?
Am 23 after my delivery (open surgery) memories became low, I forget lot of small things daily routine, before marriage to I got one open surgery for appendix, if any link between low memories and surgery? Please suggest me what to do? Thank you.
I'm 27 years male I have complaining of abdominal distension last 3month I'm alcoholic I'm drinking irregular so what I have to do.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.