Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
i am 19 years, 144 cm in height and 58 k gs in weight. please suggest to loose weight. (belly, arms, thighs ans butt).
I am a male aged 40 years my height is 5.10 and my weight is 85 kg how can I reduce my weight according to my standard height.
I want to lose weight fast. But I dont have tym fir exercise due to my busy schedule. What medicine should I take?
Actually from childhood approx frm 6th standard I hv been gaining its been so mny times tht I hv got my thyroid bt reports are always negative nd I hv lost the weight also in 2013 my weight ws 85 thn I got to get it to 73 bt nw tht frm lst years I hv gained weight nd it is 90 kgs now nd my age is 19. Is thr any way so tht weight once losses cnt be gained again pls help I am vry worried also pls can you tell me some good medication regarding weight loss bcz frm tommorow I am joining aerobics classes.
Hello doctor, I am working woman and work long hours due to which tummy is expanding. CAN you advise sm good exercises and yoga?
Sir, I am eating heavy non-veg food in my day to day life. I can't stop this and this my body grown fatter and fatter. What should I do?
In a study led by Dr Lisa Moran, from the University of Adelaide’s Robinson Research Institute and Monash University’s Monash Centre for Health Research Implementation, researchers looked at the relationship between vitamin D and PCOS.
Low vitamin D commonly found in overweight women
They found PCOS alone is not associated with vitamin D deficiency but that low vitamin D is commonly found in overweight women.
Dr Moran says the study was the first time researchers looked at the interactions between vitamin D, inflammation and mood disorders in women with PCOS.
Dr Moran said the common endocrine condition affects up to 21 per cent of reproductive-aged women and it can be associated with a wide range of reproductive, metabolic and psychological side effects.
“Depression, anxiety and inflammation are common side effects experienced by women with PCOS, and vitamin D deficiency has been associated with both mood disorders and inflammation in the general population. So we wanted to investigate the relationship between vitamin D deficiency and PCOS,” she said.
Not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency
Dr Moran said they found PCOS is not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency.
“We found for the first time that there is an association between vitamin D levels with both depression and inflammation in overweight women, regardless of whether they have PCOS or not,” said Dr Moran.
“We also found that vitamin D deficiency was common in women generally and there were no differences in vitamin D levels between women with and without PCOS,” she said.
Dr Moran said these findings support further research into treating depression with vitamin D supplements, particularly in women with PCOS.
“Further research is needed into the link between vitamin D, inflammation and depression in order to develop the best prevention and treatment measures, but this is an important finding,” she said.
The findings of this research were published in the journal Gynecological Endocrinology.
Now a days green coffee is in trend to reduce weight is this possible. How to take these coffee seeds.
Hello doctors, I want to create a diet chart for myself. Currently im 85kg and I do daily weightlifting and cardio for reducing weight and gaining muscles. Please suggest me some foods that would provide me sufficient energy for overall workouts and not contain much fat. Thank you.
My son in his tenth month a toddler, he doesn't have a sound sleep, in the night on a average 1 hour he gets distracted, we have to feed him or make him sleep. Also he roles a lot. Both sides. He is a tummy down sleeper. What can we do to improve. We are giving solid foods, fruits etc.
Hi I am 20 years old but my weight is only 50 kg. I could not able to gain my weight and I am taking plenty of food. But it is not useful for my weight gain .please suggest me to gain weight.
I am 24 years old. But my wight now 48 KGS and height 5'7" My question How can I growth my body? Please suggest me.
I am diabetic 45 years old female. I feel burning in my feet. Why?what is the reason? What is d cure ?plz help.
I am suffering from psoriasis disease for that am using medicine. For that am getting stomach fat wt I will do now.
As experience teaches us, 'sin is indeed tempting'. You are aware of the ways in which your health and quality of life would improve and similarly attentive to factors that can harm your biological system and yet you give in to the trap of temptation. Not just once, but repeatedly. Processed food can be extremely injurious to your general health.
A huge mass of people have processed food items after being familiar with its ill effects. The reason propelling them to do so is perhaps the good taste and easy accessibility of these kinds of food. They live up to your cravings at odd hours and are extremely satisfying.
Kinds of processed food you generally intake:
- Snacks to savor: Binge eating can make you have some of the savory snacks. In the middle of the night, you might want to munch on chips, flavored and coated nuts or on microwave popcorn. These packed snacks may have dangerous effects on a person's health and hence, should be avoided.
- Processed meat: Bacon, salami or corned beef should be strictly kept away from as they include the threat of artificial hormones.
- Veggies in a tin: Tinned or canned vegetables could be a feasible option in your fast paced life, but it clearly is not good for your health.
- Carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks are enjoyable but they do interfere with a person's physical fitness.
- Instant noodles, soups or other meals: Ready mixes and packed noodles seem to be a simple way of making tiffin or an evening snack, but the health hazards they cause should alarm you. Processed food items such as these can lead to cancer as well.
Natural food substitutes that can be equally gratifying:
- Boiled potatoes sprinkled with cucumber, tomatoes, chili flakes and salt should always be preferred over potato chips.
- Consume fruits, especially citrus fruits regularly. Try to maintain a safe distance from packaged fruit juices as they contain preservatives and a great deal of sugar.
- Tofu that is made from soya is high in nutrients and should be a great substitute for chicken nuggets.
- One can deal with his or her cravings for mayonnaise by switching to hummus. Though the two food items don't taste the same, hummus doesn't contain animal fat that is actually harmful when stored or preserved.