Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Sushma JaiswalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from diabetes. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from diabetes, but my Sushma Jaiswal was able to handle it. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I had lost hope, but the diabetes treatment given by Sushma Jaiswal has helped me regain my confidence. The facilities available in the Beracah's Oasis Physiotherapy Clinic are very nice. In the very first sitting, Sushma Jaiswal clearly told us the problem and the what the diet will be in future. As someone I knew, consulted therSushma Jaiswal and they referred us. The interior of the Beracah's Oasis Physiotherapy Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean. I owe hera big thanks for making me fine again.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my nausea. I am so much benefitted with her treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Beracah's Oasis Physiotherapy Clinic. As someone I knew, consulted this Sushma Jaiswal and they referred us. She ensures that she gives enough time to each patient. By chance, I approached Sushma Jaiswal for second opinion and thank god, i did because, she treated me without any surgery and all. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Sushma Jaiswal and the nausea treatment I didn't lose hope.
Someone from the office, referred us doctor Sushma Jaiswal. I am so happy that I chose doctor Sushma Jaiswal for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. Sushma Jaiswal with great ease handled my wife's serious case of body weakness with ease. the overall atmosphere in the Beracah's Oasis Physiotheapy Clinic is very soothing. the Beracah's Oasis Physiotheapy Clinic have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. she is very patient with all her patients. the body weakness was increasing day by day. My wife is so much benefitted with her body weakness treatment, that she is perfectly fine now.
The weight loss treatment for weight loss has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from weight loss. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. The best thing about Sushma Jaiswal is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. I was diagnosed with weight loss. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I met Dr Sushma Jaiswal ( my name sake) by chance and was taken in by her youth, vivacity and positive attitude. I booked an appointment with her and consulted her for my sleeplessness. Her advice proved very beneficial to me. What I liked best about her was that she treats a problem in a holistic way. She not only prescribed me supplements but also asked me to make minor changes in my diet which would take care of my body in the long run. Thank you doc.
Ms Sushma gave me a nutrition course after my Chemo & Radiation therapy as I had cancer 2nd time within few years. This time I affected my tongue, as a result I don't get taste and can not eat everything. She suggested me the right kind of diet and combinations of supplements to fulfil my body's requirements. I am feeling much better and for more than 1 year I am in her supervision for my dietary and nutrition needs.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my skininess. The overall atmosphere in the Beracah's Clinic is very soothing. I took a gain weight treatment from her. It's been so long, I had lost all hope, but then I met Sushma Jaiswal and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. Sushma Jaiswal has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail and gives suitable diet.
I was panicked, because i was not able to lose weight. The atmosphere in the Beracah's Clinic is always so positive and full of life. One of my cousin's referred me to Dr Sushma Jaiswal. I have consulted so many dieticians but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Sushma Jaiswal. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to her perfect advice.
The complete process of diet planning was so quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. I am so much benefitted with herdiet planning, that i am perfectly fine now. Due to my unhealthy diet my daily activities were suffering. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Beracah's Oasis Clinic. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I am really grateful as herdiet chart has helped me keep myself healthy. My boss referred me therdietician, Sushma Jaiswal. The overall atmosphere in the Beracah's Oasis Clinic in bangalore is very soothing. I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time.
Dt.Sushma Jaiswal is very talented and seasoned doctor. I am really grateful as her weight loss treatment has given me a ray of hope. With the help of her treatment for weight loss I am feeling so great. She did my weight loss counselling.
After taking diet/supplements suggested by Sushma, I lost 4-5kg weight in 2 months. Best result is, I am feeling more energetic now a days,which is helping me in following my routine. I am expecting better results in coming days.
Dt. Sushma Jaiswal provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, well-reasoned and caring. Share feedback in your own words...
I had Knee pain . but now it is no more . Sushma madam asked me to eat some foods which i was not eating earlier . now i don't have pain
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Sushma Jaiswal to be very helpful. Thanks doctor
Dt. Sushma Jaiswal provides answers that are very helpful. 6.900weight
Dt. Sushma Jaiswal provides answers that are caring. Non veg
My mother is moving any where she can't walk because before some time she is suffering from brain elated problem and I have much small and long test MRI but no any result come .some doctor see and says very mine tube in pass of in mind operation is way. And some doctors says no need to operation and in between before four month she is serious from weakness and admitted a near hospital and there was admit a week and doctor says urine inspection it's reason kidney is effect so that reason she's week during treatment her weight very loss and and she can't move any but she's healthy and now she can sit and walk in sitting one to another place now I don't understand she is very well and herbage now 47 years Pls advice what I do that my mother to move.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Depression is definitely something to do with the mind. However, it is important to realize that the brain does not work independently on its own. It still requires the energy that is supplied from the food that is consumed. It is also well known that most reactions in the brain are chemical reactions, be it happiness or sadness. The food that is consumed definitely has chemicals identified which can make the brain act in different ways. So, if the brain is feeling depressed, there are definitely some foods which can change that.
If you are someone who is feeling the blues and do not want to take a pill, try these happy foods which can definitely produce a change.
- Tomatoes: Bright red tomatoes look so good, they make you feel happy. However, they also contain lycopene, which is a phytonutrient that fights inflammation. Stress leads to constant inflammation in the body, and lycopene fights that. The smaller the tomato, the more benefit you have. The maximum benefit is from the skin, and so smaller ones are more useful with their better skin-to-fruit ratio.
- Bananas: Serotonin is one of the happy chemicals (neurotransmitter) that enhances mood. Bananas contain tryptophan which gets converted to serotonin in the body. No wonder that eating a banana makes one feel happy and carefree. If you have not observed, do so next time you eat a banana!
- Nuts: Some nuts can make you go nuts with laughter as they are rich in protein, a perfect snack, and refrain you from snacking on fried foods. What is lesser known is that they contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are proven to beat depression clinically. Vitamin E in them helps fight stress and inflammation, making it more beneficial.
- Oregno: This herb is full of health benefits. It contains caffeic acid and quercitin and rosmarinic acid, which are all proven to fight anxiety, fatigue, and sadness. What makes it more attractive is that is easy to grow, even in a pot on the kitchen window. Add it to your veggies and see your mood brighten up!!
- Chocolates: While biting into a chocolate leaves you grinning, there is a scientific reason for it. The bitter ones, especially, cause release of serotonin and anadamine, which make you feel happy and light. The darker the chocolate, more the happiness.
- Sweet potatoes: They are laden with carbohydrate and tryptophan, which as noted earlier helps fight depression. It also contains vitamin B6, a proven natural anti-depressant. Their rich content of magnesium and potassium also reduces stress.
Before reaching out for a pill to beat the blue, try these colorful food substances and see yourself feeling better and happy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Soups are normally the first thing you order at a restaurant, followed by at least two other meal courses. The universally accepted appetizer takes a backseat when contemplating dinner. But can it be considered a complete dinner meal in itself?
To rightly be considered as dinner, a soup must not only be filling, but must also be correct on the calorie chart. Hearty soups like Russian Borsch, Vietnamese pho, and Italian Minestrone are considered as main courses. They have an apt mix of vegetables, protein and carbohydrates in a single bowl. Thick soups that carry not only the broth, but also toppings that make them sumptuous, can be had as your dinner.
These kind of all-in-one soups, that carry a number of condiments on their side, and ingredients in them, are also a great way of utilizing leftovers. For fussy eaters, a lot of ingredients can be blended well and masked in the form of soup. It is a perfect comfort food, which can be easily cooked, and is loved by almost everyone. It also carries benefits for people who want to lose weight
Home-made soups are much healthier than the ready-to-drink packet ones as the packet ones have starch and few other ingredients which are not healthy. Another important thing is the time of having these soups. It should be preferred that soups should be taken as early as possible in the evenings, latest by 7:00pm, if at home and 8:00pm if having dinner out as it has salt content which can lead to water retention in the body if consumed too late. The soup can be coupled with freshly cut salad without any creams or fat content.
The calories in a soup can range from 20 to 100 approximately, depending upon the density and the additives. However, the usual by-the-sides like breadsticks, potatoes, rice crackers, naan bread, tofu croutons, creme fraiche, or even a spoonful of pesto etc. increase the calorie content and hence should be avoided.
So the next time you stress about what to cook for dinner, just pick up some vegetables off the shelf, or meat, and blend your way through an easy,nutritious and yummy dinner choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
You are feeling under the weather, and you wish you could eat something fried or processed right now to feel better. But that may not be the smartest thing to do! Read on to know more about what you should avoid eating when you are sick.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, don’t go anywhere near sweet foods made of artificial sweeteners, since sorbitol (a kind of artificial sweetener) isn’t digestible and can instigate diarrhea. Also, avoid foods that can trigger bloating and gas, such as apples, onion, broccoli, beans and cabbages. Dairy, caffeine and alcohol can also provoke diarrhoea.
- Don’t consume dairy products, chocolate, pain medications and iron supplements if you are constipated.
- If you are nauseous, don’t eat greasy, oily or spicy foods. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine and alcohol as well.
- If you are having difficulties in swallowing due to a sore throat, hot fluids are by far the most beneficial. Not only do they help soothe your sore throat, but they're also known to loosen mucus, which may help relieve other symptoms such as congestion and stuffiness, often accompanying a sore throat, so consider eating soup or drinking hot water to alleviate the pain, and scratchy, hard foods such as granola, potato chips and nuts. Acidic juices made from vegetables and fruits, such as grape juice or orange juice, can also aggravate a sore throat.
- When your body aches, don’t grab that cup of espresso or that glass of whiskey, since both caffeine and alcohol can dehydrate the body, thereby worsening the pain.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners, aged chesses, MSG (monosodium glutamate which is found in soy sauce), chocolate, red wine and processed meat, if you have a headache. MSG has been linked to blood pressure which can cause headaches.
- Dairy products, processed or packaged foods, should be avoided if you have an earache.
- If you have an allergy, don’t consume milk, wheat, soy, berries, eggs, tomatoes, fish, nuts, chocolates and nuts. These foods commonly cause itching.
- You might have cold, or your nose won’t stop running. A hot broth or hot tea will give you comfort, but you should avoid spicy foods and alcohol. Spicy foods actually aggravate a runny nose.
- Flu, sinus or cold infection can inflame and irritate nasal blood vessels, making you feel like your nose is blocked. Avoid sugar and spicy foods if you have a congested nose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
There are times when you feel extremely fatigued and tired. This could be because of the type of foods that you are consuming on a regular basis. Certain foods, when consumed tend to spike up your blood sugar level and make you feel sleepy and sloppy.
There are certain foods which you can have to boost your energy levels:
1. Vinegar: You can add vinegar to your food and salads to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking. Vinegar is said to have properties that prevent excessive starch absorption in the body; it also keeps your metabolic rate elevated. Mix vinegar with a glass of water and have it after meals to prevent fatigue.
2. Fruits: Fruits can provide instant energy if you are feeling lethargic. Usually in the afternoon, eating a fruit such as an apple or a watermelon will provide an instant burst of energy. Make sure you keep your portion sizes under control; else too much sugar can mess with your system.
3. Nuts: Nuts are very healthy foods to snack upon as they contain heart healthy fats and Omega-3 acids. Nuts also contain proteins that are good for your muscles and fat loss goals. Being rich in fiber, they also promote satiety.
4. Dark chocolate: You can include small portions of dark chocolate for your dessert cravings after lunch as it contains “theobromine” which helps in boosting your mood and energy levels.
5. Whole grains: Include whole grains in your diet; avoid eating refined products such as white rice and refined flour. Refined carbohydrates can spike your blood sugar levels and lead to feeling of fatigue. Eating whole grains also provides a steady supply of energy to the body.
6. Cardamom: Add these spices to your dishes and tea as they are known to stimulate blood flow and increase energy levels in the body. It is known to expand the blood vessels in the body to increase blood flow.
7. Asparagus: Asparagus contains important vitamins that allow efficient conversion of sugar into energy. It also contains plenty of fibers that promote satiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am suffering from underweight my height is 184 cms and I am only 51 kg in weight. Please tell some best medicines for gaining fast weight.
According to the preconceived notion, drinking alcohol is harmful to the body. It is partly true. Drinking alcohol is harmful to the body, but only in huge proportions. In fact, despite popular belief, drinking alcohol is also good for health.
Here are 8 alcohols that are secretly keeping you healthy:
- Beer: The most common alcoholic drink, beer is loaded with antioxidants called phenols. This protects you against suffering from heart diseases. Beer also lowers the risk of acquiring high blood pressure and helps maintaining it.
- Red Wine: Apart from being a classy drink and having the same benefits of beer, the additional brownie points of red wine is that it helps in increasing life span by generating longevity genes. It also increases good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol in the body.
- Ethanol: Ethanol reduces the risk of wear and tear in the brain neurons. Any damage to the neurons may lead to Alzheimer's or dementia. Hence ethanol helps to prevent any harm to the brain cells.
- Vodka: Vodka helps in clearing bad breath as the high alcohol content kills all bad odour bacteria present. It also helps to reduce stress and disinfect wound. It improves the health of the skin and stimulates hair growth. Toothache is also another issue which Vodka can work wonders on.
- Whisky: Whisky helps to numb throat pain when it is gargled in a mixture with warm water. It stimulates weight loss. Whisky also helps in preventing dementia. Other benefits of this drink that it prevents diabetes and cancer. It also helps to keep the heart healthy, increases the level of good cholesterol and terminates blood clots. Whiskey is believed to be one of the healthiest drinks among the alcoholic beverages.
- Tonic: The combination of gin and tonic is very useful while treating malarial infection as it contains quinine; which is used for the treatment of malaria.
- Brandy: Brandy is one alcoholic drink which is full of healthy antioxidants. It has anti ageing properties; hence is very good for the skin. Brandy also reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the body. It also helps in the treatment of bladder and ovarian cancer as well as sore throats and cough.
- Rum: Rum increases life longevity. It is very beneficial for the heart. It also functions as a blood thinner and helps in increasing the level of good cholesterol. Having this wonderful drink occasionally also guards you against osteoporosis and common cold.