Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I am thin with height 5, 3' inch and weight 54kg. In July, I was having cholesterol 255 and after medicine it down 125 in Sep-15. I am not sure why it has increased. Now I leave all medicine but weight not gaining. What kind diet to increase weight.
My age is 25 & I am 5'10 & my weight is 54 I want to gain weight & I want chubby cheeks what I must do?
I have heard lots of benefits of amla and aloe vera. I want to know the best way to consume Amla juice and Aloe Vera juice so that I can get maximum benefit.
Sir, I am diabetic last 8 years, and my age 55 years, is there treatment in ayurveda medicine, I am taking allopathy medicine of zoryal m2, and night I am taking insulin 10 units, please advise me is there any Ayurveda medicine, thanking you sir.
I am 30 years old. My body is very thin. However I don't feel ill but I want to increase my weight. What should I eat food and how to increase weight?
Dear madam My weight are not increase about 5 year it constant while I ear more as among other yet I'm defloration tell me how can I gain weight.
I'm losing my weight I've tried all mass gainer. I am worried about my weight loss. In 30 days I lost my weight from 40 to 34. What to do now.
I am 36 year old male, not yet married, teetotaler, suffering from obesity. I weight 110 kgs. My height is 6 feet. I have been doing exercise in the gym for two days a week for the past 3 years but find no improvement. Is there any way to reduce my belly and thighs.
Sir I am vani I am 21 years old. My weight is 57 kgs. I am having marriage within 3 months. Now I'm having normal color. I want to increase my fairness. U can suggest me.
I'm 29 years old and Im underweight. Just 40 kgs. I'm really worried to gain weight. I had gone through thyroid test too but it's ve. I don't find any reason for my low weight. Please suggest some solution.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.