Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. ShonaYour feedback matters!
I am just and I am very slim My friends is very tall and am very healthy and very I also want to b like them so what I have to do?
1. Avoid eating following food items. Potato, rice, corn, corn flakes, market made cereal, muesli (contains added sugar), oily stuff such as parantha, poori & pakode.
2. Take a brisk walk for at least 30 kin per day preferably in morning. Brisk walking means at a pace when you start getting tired and sweaty.
3. Weight reduction is very important. Of you r overweight join some cardio program or swimming or jogging or walking to reduce weight
4. Take small meals frequently. Instead of having large meals at long intervals.
5. Ideally blood sugar should be checked daily but thats not possible in our scenario so once a week or twice a month is f9.
6. Get your eyes checked regularly for signs of diabetic retinopathy. Visit ophthalmologist as soon as you are diagnosed with type diabetes. You will be shocked to know that a large number of diabetics are diagnosed by their ophthalmologists
7. Diabetes have an effect on kidneys and nerves also so get renal function test every 6 monthly or so.
8. Foot care is very imp in diabetes because even a trivial injury in. Leg can become gangrene. Use silicone sole footwear available at medical shops. Never go outside with bare foot.
10. Regular medicine intake is very imp
11. Lastly diabetes is a lifestyle disorder. Sedentary lifestyle makes things worse and result into syndrome x which apart from diabetes also includes increased lipids in blood and hypertension. Adopt an active life style.
I masturbate once a month and I hardly eat anything (no spicy) and yet I get pre cum early in the morning and all the medicines do not work so please advice me something that works not something you hope works. Ive tried sensival, duloxe (antidepressants) they seemed to work for a while then stopped Ive tried ashwagandha, acdiphos, staphysgiria (did not work at all) Soya beans works but very occasionally.
How to make the pelvic nerves strong. And is ther any medicine to make the nerve strong. Or what to eat to make the nerve strong.
Doctor, I am weak in stamina, while walking for two minutes or doing some physical work, I use to get full exhausted and my breath get high, so please suggest me solution to build stamina.
I am 25 year old and am over weight upto 60 kgs and my height is only 4.8 also am suffering from PCOD, please send a quick response.
Hello sir I am 24 year old. But my weight is not gaining. And I am also suffering from illness since 2 year. please suggest me how I gain my weight.
I M taking shodhan churn since 1 month is it necessary to take santh kripa with it want to lose weight having thyroid TSH 6.71,cholesterol and border line sugar.
Mam how can I gain weight I am so slim I feel sleepy and all d time I am in sleep. I hate myself I love me.
My weight is more than the normal and I not it fast food more and I am also in obesity how I cure this.
I am very thin! What should I eat to grow up healthy and fatty? But I don't have any problems with my health. Only What is I am very thin! My age is 15 yes. And weight is 35kgs.
Hello sir, My present body weight is 58 kg and want to increase it to at least 65-70. So what to do? Please tell me.
Hello sir/madam i want to loose my fat over the waist but after a very hard work in the i didn't succeed and the major problem is am also suffering from lower back pain it's occurring after a gap of 2or3 days what should i do i am also passionate about to go gym and don't want to stop gym please lead me a better way what should I do and guide for my diet also thank you
My age is 75 years and just now I hv done my body test where other parameters are normal but alkaline phosphatase is appearing as 158.9. Is this dangerous? And what are its consequence? And what medicine should I take it for putting the same at normal levels.
I have diabetes, potassium, thriod now recently my calostrial came down can someone suggest good diet or nutrition so I could consult personally.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.