Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Shilpa SatishYour feedback matters!
I am a tall boy. But I am very thin. I want to become healthy. I take my dite too in a proper manner. But then also; I am thin.
I am an athlete 400m runner, I need to gain weight, I am 5 11 weight 63, I need to get upto 75kg for my better performance in my sports carrier.
I am a 57 yrs. Old lady and my day is quite strained resulting in an improper diet schedule. Night is the only time when I eat a proper dinner. What will you advice me to eat for dinner.
I want to look always young which food and fruits I should take please give me best ideas or solution for looking ever young.
Hello doctor I want to weight Gain which type doctor I should constant what types of tablets My age is 23 my weight is 44 only I am very Lin.
I am 22 years male. What diet shud I follow to reduce my belly fat. My usual diet follows chicken. What shud I eat n Wat not.
I am 19 years old male and I have been going to the gym since the past six months. I want to reduce my stomach size. Please suggest a diet which includes healthy but tasty replacements for junk food and more importantly evening munchies and also if anything I should take regarding my workout (eg. Protein supplements).
Hyperhidrosis is nothing but an expression of the disturbance in the inner hormonal balance and this is expressed in the form of the profuse discharge. Hence, it is required to be treated at the inner level rather than treating it by local application of cream and antibiotics.
- Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that the treatment focuses on the patient as a person as well as his pathological condition. The medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so on.
- Homeopathy provides natural constitutional remedies for treating this condition from the roots and not just working on the symptom but repairs the derangement which is causing this. It offers excellent treatment which is effective, harmless, and without any side effects. It is also recommended in the most obstinate cases.
- Today homeopathic remedies are the best non surgical solution for hyperhidrosis or profuse sweating or perspiration.
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
I want to gain weight because I am very thin so please help me to gain weight as early ad possible and I pure veg. Thankuuu.
I have tummy I want reduce it what is the best treatment and what type of diet food we can take. Can we take fat burner pills or not if yes please say the name of the pills.
The best way of diagnosing diabetes is by doing FBS, 2 hour PPBS and HbA1c.
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
- Lasts for longer– As the new collagen develops under your skin, the effects start to show in full swing in about a couple of months. You may at best need a follow up treatment to ensure that the best results are achieved. However, once the treatment is completed and the skin tightens, the effects do stay for quite a while.
My son is of 14 years and has a good height of about 5 inches 8 but he is not gaining weight. What should I do?
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.