Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. PremaYour feedback matters!
How to avoid daytime sleepiness
A lot of people, irrespective of whether they go out to work, to college or stay at home, feel sleepy during the day. Some out of fatigue, some because of having a heavy lunch and some others because they do not get a good night?s sleep. Whatever be the reason, a few exercises and some discipline can help you get rid of such sleep cravings.
Few ways to avoid daytime sleepiness are:
1. Set a routine: Try to go to sleep and wake up at about the same time every day. This resets your circadian rhythm and helps developing your sleeping pattern.
2. At least 30 minutes of workout is important for every individual. Go for walks, go to the gym, take up yoga or aerobics - regardless of the kind of exercise you are doing. When the body gets exercise, so does the brain and you are refreshed to take on the rest of the day.
3. Go to bed gadget free: Keep your books, mobile, tab, laptop and TV remote away from the bed. Stay calm and do not have heated conversations. Your nerves need calm down as you to sleep.
4. Get enough sleep: Ensure you sleep enough every night so that it doesn?t ruin your day. Night time sleep is important and adults need seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. Set consistent, healthy mealtimes: Regular mealtimes, eating a healthy breakfast and lunch on time prevents energy deficits during the day that will help you get rid of daytime sleepiness
6. Avoid alcohol: Having alcohol in high amount may hamper your regular sleeping pattern and you may be sleepy the whole day.
7.Avoid Self-Medication: Avoid taking sleeping pills or over the counter the drugs. There are different kinds of drugs available in the market. Some may make you sleepy the whole day due to hangover effect of the drug.
8. Consult a Physician or a sleep specialist.
Blo my weight is not gain 4 year so please give me advise an I am suffering dreamwet problem so please told me solution.
I am 36 years old my problems are as follows\ 1. My bp level is 170 to 145/ 90 to 110 2. Hair fall 3. Obesity 4. Following diet strictly still weight is not reducing 4. Sleepless nights 5. Depression my food habits are normal regular food intake by cooking myself & have been stopped intake of any kind of processed bottle drinks ( pepsi coke past 3 years ) stopped having fast foods, chips other snacks doing my best to avoid all processed foods! still there is no any improvements on my weight loss. only I used to have coffee every day at least 3 times a day! kindly advise .20 mins practicing excercise & I walk a lot for my business for marketing.
Within how much time a non diabetic person injected with heavy dosage of insulin should be treated before it becomes fatal. From internet I saw a person with weight 79 kgs injected 1500 units of lantus was treated and was back to normal. But within what time the treatment started for him wasn't mentioned for not becoming it fatal. So can someone please clarify me.
I am 19 years old but my weight is just 48 this mean I am thin and I am male. What should I do to increase weight?
What is diabetes. What is symptoms of diabetes. What causes diabetes. What is normal diabetes level.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
Hello doctor, my had gone through a angiogram test and found that he is having 2 block. One is 75% and one is 50%. He is 52 year old. He is not a smoker or alcoholic. He workout regularly and eat healthy food. After his angiogram test the cardiologist says that these block cannot be removed through angioplasty procedure, because it won't be successful. The doctor is suggesting a bypass surgery. My question is do we need to consult another doctor? Also is there any other possible way to get rid of these blocks? Does ayurveda works? (he is a chronic diabetic patient, also he is taking insulin injection once in a day). Doctor please help us out.
How to decreasing the weight. My stomach size also increasing past one year back I have good body structure but still fatty please suggest suitable medicines.
I am very week not internally but from physical appearance. I am 16 years old. Its look like my bone development stopped plse suggest something.
I am 47 year old man. I did my check up 1 year earlier. My Vitamin B12 level is 173.0 pg/ml, and one year before my blood ESR was 63.0 mm/hr (after that I did not medicine). My serum triglyceride level were 234.1,(after that I did not take medicine). My Vitamin D3 level was also very low. I took 3 or 4 injections each for Vitamin B12 and D3 and then stopped. Some vitamin B12 and D3 medicines were also taken for a month later this , I got sleep disorder and it continued for 2 months. Now my energy levels are very low, I get tired easily. I also breath very fast after climbing stairs of 2 floor building. I perspirate a lot and also on my forehead, I get lots of perspiration. Please suggest me some diagnose with medicine and other treatment so that my energy levels come back and I do not get tired, physically and mentally quickly. I was having lots of stress and one doctor suggested me that low energy and chest pain (swelling of muscles at left side of chest) is due to psychosomatic disorder but I do not agree with him completely and hence I am taking second opinion.
I have a desk job. And I put on my weight from 80kg to 90kg in just last 6 months. I want to loose weight without doing exercise. Please help!
1. Menses Problems - Menses problems like irregular menses, delayed menses or in little blood flow, have to start Kumari Aasav 10 ml twice a day with warm water adding in it.
2. Hysteria - Give Natural Borax Powder (Purified Tankan) 1 -2 grams with honey or warm water.
3. Stye - In Problem of Stye have to apply Paste of Rasvanti (Rasanjan) on eyelids or on affected area. And take Trifla churna regularly.
4. Abdominal Pain - Take Shivakshar Churna 2 to 4 grams with warm water twice or thrice a day. And use hot water bag or heating pad on affected part of the abdomen.