Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. PremaYour feedback matters!
What type of oil should be used for cooking for diabetic patient? We use soybean oil is it good or bad? Please suggest good oil for controlling diabetes?
I am Diabetic and BP patient past 18 years and I am under Insulin and tablet both. Apart from this I have leg pain and calf mussel catch. Also I am feeling tried to walk. Could you please help me ?
Hello doctor, It's me aniruddh gupta I'm 26 year old boy and my weight is 45 kg only I want to increase weight. please give me sone suggestion how to I gain weight.
Hi, I recently had my HbA1C (Glycosylated hemoglobin) test done and its report is showing following result. Glycosylated hemoglobin: 7.00 (units is %) Estimated average glucose (eAG):(units is mg/dL). Please let me know can I eat following food in breakfast. 1. Idli made up of suji rava and urad dal. 2. Poha 3. Plain dosa. 4. Idli made up of rice and urad dal. 5. Besan child 6. child made up of besan and suji rawa. Please also let me know how frequently I can eat these breakfast during a week. Thanks.
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you.
I am shocked that my BP is 170/120 I have no problems no medicines no tensions but I don't know why from today I drop salt & started lauki juice In morning empty stomach and add cinnamon in my tea pl suggest how I control my BP. Height is 6×3 weight 117 pl suggest I am looking for best treatment for obesity & Bp.
Am suffering with weight gain, how to reduce my weight. Is there any medicines to get decrease of weight.
Lybrate - Dr. Aditya Vikram Shaunik talks about managing the Increasing Number of Diseases.
Good afternoon. I am DR. AV Shaunik. I am laparoscopic general surgeon. Practicing here in Bhardwaj hospital and have keen interest in nutrition and in wellness. So today we are talking about diseases, why do we have so many diseases and they are increasing on daily basis. In fact the major worry is the heart disease and 30 million people are suffering from this disease in India and 50 million people are suffering from diabetes. There are more than 3 million cancer patients in India . More than 5 lakh people die due to cancer every year. Then we have lung disease, asthma and bronchitis.
Stress is the major cause of the disease factor and increases obesity. So these are the problems which are taking place in adults as well as younger age group. Now the question is that why we have all the diseases? And what can we do about them? What needs to be understood in all these diseases is that they are caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable particles which are produced when metabolism is taking place in the body, so they are countered as antioxidants and they balance the free radicals. The problem is that there is a gap between the free radicals production and the balancing which is taking place by the antioxidants. Now what causes free radicals .Free radicals are basically the pollution, chemicals which are coming into our body, all these chemicals which are in the air or in the food insecticide, pesticide, urea, DAP.
Now all these in the body get converted into free radicals and which is being unstable when they hit the DNA of the body. It will cause cancer if it strikes the LDL and is known as bad cholesterol. It oxidizes the LDL and this oxidized LDL will enter the free radical and will damage artery walls to form fat deposits in the vessels which causes heart disease. The same way these radicals will cause inflammation in the bronchi in the air passage of the lungs. It gives rise to bronchitis, asthma. Now these are free radicals and the counter is to the antioxidants. Antioxidants are in food, vitamin and minerals. Over the years, a chemical attack is free radical attack and has worn out. Roughly, the free radical attack goes up to 500 times.
What has happened to our food? The food which our grandparents were eating in 1944, has no longer the same nutrients. Today you will have to eat nearly 8 to 10 tomatoes to get the same copper content which we supposed to get very easily in previous years. So since the nutrients have depleted more than 15 times and the free radicals attack has gone up by 500 times, so there is a major nutritional imbalance. This nutritional imbalance which has taken place is known as the nutritional deficient and this is the main cause of diseases. How do we take care of these diseases? To do this we will discuss this in the next clip.
If there are any questions which you would like to raise you can contact me on the Lybrate website itself, by SMS, by talking to me, by coming to my clinic in the Bhardwaj hospital. Thank you