Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Prema
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. PremaYour feedback matters!
My shoulders are not at same level left is little bit down and other is slice up, which kind of exercise I should follow,
I am 29 years age man and I am foodie and try every food I like in taste and since childhood I have been eating spicy food and eat a lot of non veg than veg. I am overweight now. Currently my weight is 85 mgs and my height is 5 feet 6 inches approx. I have gained weight around 20 kgs in last three years and from last three years I am suffering from improper latrine problems. I take lactifiber every night to clear my potty next morning and if I don't take for few days then I suffer from unclear potty with blood in it. I do farting around 15 times adash and I am suffer from fatty liver also. Please suggest what to do?
My weight is so many please give me some tips for down my weight and in the last 2 year my weigh well.
I am 21 years old, but still my weight is 45 kg, I hope increase my body please any suggestion or any medicine/food or any Tips. Please help me.
I am 66 years old and height 177 cms. My present weight is 80 kgs despite I play daily 3 badminton games. I take 50grams sweet dish daily (home made milk ice cream or half mango, one apple. Please advise to keep the weight 65 to 70 Kgs.
Hello. Now a day I have become too lazy I wake up at 8 go to tuition at 9: 30 and I feel drowsy their. I came home took one short nap then lunch after that again nap till 6 pm. And again at 12: 00 .I am 22 weight 46 I feel too weak and exhausted .Any things to suggest yoga or something except capsules.
I want to lose weight. Can you think of any way you can muffle a lot? Can you help me with your weight?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor and start the treatment.