Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. PremaYour feedback matters!
I am looking weight due to unable reasons, how can I increase my body and my height. I want to be healthy.
Aren't you scared of summer heat, skin eruptions, sweat and thirst?
Overcome all summer problems with these cool solutions offered by ayurveda. Get acquainted with ayurveda and beat the summer heat before it beats you.
The heat of the summer seeps into our system, saps away our strength and leaves us dehydrated. Ancient indian scriptures advice an ayurvedic regimen for all, which helps to avoid dehydration and to maintain vitality.
What to avoid during summer months:
- Strenuous exercises
- Going out in afternoons when the heat is at its peak
- Pungent, sour and salty foods
- Foods that produce heat within the body
Technology might help you to stay cool inside your home or office but you will eventually have to face the heat outside. According to ayurveda, the ancient science of natural health,
When things are heating up outside, the key to balance is to find ways to cool down inside i.e. physically, mentally and emotionally.
Tips to maintain balance between mind and body during summer:
1. Cooling baths
A cooling bath is the best way to start a'cool' day. This is the first thing that you do in the morning, so make the best of it. Bathe with cold water.
2. Cooling beverages
Fresh fruit juices and nectars, blended and stored at room temperature, are recommended.
3. Cooling diet
A cooling ayurvedic diet in summer includes a lot of fruits and vegetables that are sweet, juicy, bitter and astringent in nature.
4. Cooling exercise
Swimming is a healthy and wonderful exercise for summer - it's not only cooling and soothing for the body but also helps in toning and strengthening body muscles.
5. Cooling lifestyle
Stress and overwork aggravates the symptoms and overheating effects of summer.
6. Protect yourself from the sun
You should protect yourself from the sun and refrain from outdoor activities during the hottest part of the day.
I always feel tension regarding my career which creates frequent headaches. I also have back pain and feel very weak often. Thankyou.
I have blood pressure low since 6 months and take homeopathy treatment. My B. P. Now control now a days but I tired soon as I work little what can I do?
Since I am fit I swim I do exercises but I have a problem in my growth. I do stretching and others things but still there is nothing happened in body so what should I do.
It's been six months since we got married. .my wife getting weaker and weaker after marriage. She has aborted an issue 3 months before .what can be done to attain more weight and health?
For a long time I am feeling pain at my knee. When I weak up early morning, I do not stand for few minutes. And I feel weak. I do not understand what happening. Please help me.
My age is 17 but last I was suffered from fever from that day I feel very weak my hands and feet shiver rue to weakness and also I am having hair fall.
I am underweight. To gain weight there should be more intake of proteins, besides that should it be more intake of carbohydrates or fats or sugar? And intake of which should be less?
British head injury statistics report that about one million people are required to go through emergency care every year. Although many of these accidents are minor, one out of five victims is required to be admitted in the hospital for emergency care. Head injuries amount to about 1 percent of all deaths and about 15 to 20 percent death in people aged between 5 and 35 years. This is the most common form of death in abused children.
Symptoms of a concussion
Head injuries are also known as concussions or traumatic brain injuries, which may range from mild to severe. Most mild injuries cause no harm over time but in rare cases, these may trigger a host of problems. You must seek medical help in case you observe any of the following symptoms:
- Nausea, drowsiness and headache are persistent for a long time and get worse every day.
- Difficulty in waking up from sleep; this problem is very common with children.
- Unusual and incomprehensible behavior like getting annoyed or losing temper and being confused.
- Amnesia or forgetfulness.
- Change in the size of eye pupil especially dilated pupil.
- Difficulty in explaining anything, speaking and even walking.
- Drainage of blood-like or clear fluids from nose or ears.
- Weakness or numbness in different parts of the body, particularly in arms and legs.
- Vomiting more than twice or thrice in a day.
Such symptoms should never be overlooked and they may take place separately or in combination in people affected with mild head injuries. These symptoms are collectively called post concussional syndrome causing irritability, depression, fatigue, tiredness, insomnia together with the above mentioned problems.
Homeopathic treatment to alleviate the symptoms
Initial hours right after the head injury are very crucial. A proper treatment at this point of time can prevent further worsening of the condition. Arnica and NatrumSulph are very effective in treating head injuries or concussion. Though most people regard Arnica as a small remedy in petty injuries, in truth, Arnica plays a vital role in preventing immediate as well as remote effects culminating from a head injury. It can control internal hemorrhages or bleeding, which may lead to critical problems in the future.
Another important homeopathic medicine is NatrumSulph that is known for its ability to treat epilepsy, sightlessness, vertigo and memory loss, which can arise from an immediate or distant head injury. It can also lead to swelling in the optic channel through which the optic nerve goes that can cause acute visual disturbances. Therefore, it is important to consult a responsive healthcare provider without further delay.
Hello sir I am 23 year old, my body weight is 49 kg, so I request to please inform me any idea to increase the weight.
What is temperature of human being both? And what is good supplements of good health and which weight of both?
Consult a physiotherapist if you have experienced a fall recently and the discomfort caused due to it has not subsided.
Way before any form of modern medicine came into existence, people fell sick and resorted to natural remedies to help them get better. So, it should not come as that much of a surprise that things which we give limited value have been prescribed for a very long time by various fields of medicine for their properties, take for example, cumin seeds. Would one normally make the link? Probably not, but then, why not discover a little more as to why this overlooked resource can have such a beneficial impact on the body?
Cumin seeds are often added to food for their aroma, but the fact of the matter is that there is a range of health benefits which they can have on a person. Take, for example, the potential of cumin seeds to help a person in his or her effort to lose weight. While a lot of people go ahead and buy tablets to help speed up their weight loss, cumin seeds represent such a simple and natural supplement! The way they help in the process of weight loss is by virtue of the essential oils which are contained in them. These oils help stimulate the salivary glands near the mouth and this goes a long way in helping in the digestion of the food that is eaten. When cumin seeds are combined with banana, it helps the body in maintaining reasonable energy levels and at the same time improves the quality and rate of digestion, two birds with one stone!
Also, it is not as if the cumin seeds have to be had with some other food item. As a matter of fact, if a person puts in the time to bring some water with a teaspoon of cumin seeds to boiling point and drinks this mix when it has cooled a few times a day. Stomach aches and other digestion related issues will not appear close to as much as normal.
The amazing part of cumin seeds is the fact that they go a long way in the effort to cut fat which has collected around the abdomen. This sort of fat is known to be very hard to get rid of and is widely reputed to be especially bad for health. Black cumin seeds can also help keep away cancer as they have a compound which helps slow the growth of tumours in the body.
For all these benefits, doesn’t it make some good sense to incorporate cumin seeds into one’s diet? If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 22 years old man I have underweight problem my height is 165 cm but my weight is only 47 kg. How to solve this problem please help me. My body is very slim.
In general, anterior cruciate ligament injuries or ACL injuries, are understood as tears in any of the several knee ligaments joining the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone. This can vary from minor injuries, such as small ligament tears, to more serious cases like complete tears or when the ligament and one of the bones gets displaced from the other. These injuries usually occur during sports activities, like soccer, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, etc. An untreated ACL injury can lead to a condition called an ACL deficiency. This can cause a lot of problems with regard to knee movements as the bones may rub against each other, causing a lot of pain. In some cases, the cartilage covering the ends of the bones may get damaged, eventually tearing and trapping the cushion pads supporting the knee joints.
Signs and symptoms of anterior cruciate ligament may include:
- You are unable to move properly.
- You experience immense pain while walking up and down stairs.
- You are unable to engage much in physical activities.
- Your knee begins to swell gradually.
- You can sense a loud popping sensation when moving your knee.
- You experience feelings of instability.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries generally occur during sports. Here are some common possible instances that might happen during a game:
- Sudden arrest in motion
- An unsteady landing from a jump
- Direct blows to the knee from tackles
- Sudden shifts in direction
Treatment of ACL injuries normally involves the following:
1. Immediate medical attention along with intense first aid care
2. Sincere adherence to the R.I.C.E model of self care
- Rest: proper rest for a couple of weeks or months depending upon the severity of the injury
- Ice: using ice packs to help cool the nerves
- Compression: ice treatment further helps in compression
- Elevation: when lying down in bed, it is strongly recommended that you keep your affected leg at a slightly higher position, through the use of pillows or cushions
3. Success rehabilitative therapy for several weeks
4. Anterior cruciate ligament surgery or reconstruction
As the month of ramazan begins muslims will indulge in fasting from sunrise to sunset for a month. Here are some health tips that will help during this month.
1. Please make sure you have sufficient food to help you atleast in the early hours of fast. Make sure you dont eat too oily or spicy food as this may cause heartburn and acidity later in the day.
2. Make sure you drink lots of water. Atleast 1 liter of water will help you during the day
3. If you area diabetic you can take your medications before food in the morning. However you should look out for hypoglycemia if you dont have enough food.
4. Hypoglycemia or low sugar can occur in diabetics. Hence it is advisable to look out for sweating, shivering, giddiness, loss of conciousness. If any of these occur you must take some sugar immediately otherwise low sugar can lead to loss of conciousness, coma and even death.
5. Diabetics with poor sugar control and people on insulin should be extremely cautious about the risk of low sugar and high sugar. Please ensure you check your blood sugar atleast twice a day or when you develop symptoms of hypoglycemia.
6. The key to diabetics fasting is that you should eat enough in the morning to help you through the day but in small quantities enough to control your sugar levels.
7. Taking a short walk is good after morning food.
1. Please dont indulge in breaking the fast by taking high calorie food such as soft drinks, fried items and excessive sweets.
2. Eat in instalments of 1-2hour gaps as sudden consumption of snacks and dinner in a short span will overload your blood with glucose.
3. A walk after iftar is good for digestion and metabolism.
4. Eat food atleast 2 hours before going to sleep.
5. The tendency to overeat is high after fasting. You can avoid this by taking lots of salads and fruits.
6. If you are a diabetic you must make sure that after breaking your fast you can take your medications 30 minutes before dinner.