Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. PremaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from tension from last week because of this I am being irritated and angry and I am feeling cried every time and I am taking everything in a negative way what I can do.
One appliance that has emerged as a lifesaver in the kitchen is the microwave. This product has transformed the way we cook and have our food.
However, we fail to think about the health benefits of the food that has been microwaved!
Here are five reasons why you should NOT microwave your food!
1. Nonionising radiation: Most of us primarily use the microwave to heat up food and to defrost frozen and packaged food. The microwave carries out these processes by releasing a series of heat waves also known as nonionising radiation, which alters the very composition of your food, making it harmful or less than ideal for your system.
2. High temperatures within a short span of time: When we use the microwave to heat up or defrost or even cook something in a few seconds or minutes, the device emanates an unusually high temperature within that short span of time. The result is that the food experiences a great deal of nutrient loss.
3. Consuming a toxic meal: When you heat a pre pre-packaged meal or meat and frozen vegetables in the microwave, it mixes with the toxins released by the plastic packaging thanks to the heat waves within the microwave. This can cause harmful effects on your health in the long run, including cardiac disease and abnormal hormonal conditions.
4. Damage to the Nervous System: Food processed in the microwave can lead to a process called 'shorting out' which alters the electrical impulses in your nervous system and brain. This damage is usually permanent.
5. Cancerous cell growth: Using the microwave to process your food can lead not only to a loss of nourishment but also to an increase in cancer causing substances in food. When ingested, this food can prove to be dangerous.
I am not able to run a long distance even I am not having any bad habits, and also I want to keep my body fit, I want to maintain diet for body fitness, pls suggest me.
Flat Belly Drink at Last! Drink for 4 Day and Take 10cm Off The Waist
So you want to have an hour- glass figure and you religiously go to the gym for exercise in the hopes of having a smaller waist but to no avail? And you tried almost every juice, diet and exercise that there is available just to have a smaller waist to envy for?
Did you even secretly prayed that there is a quick way to shrink that excess fats away? Well worry no more because Sassy water is your answered prayer!
Nutritionist Cynthia Sass created this amazing key ingredient for a flat belly called “Sassy Water”. This delicious and miraculous drink was named after her. Sassy water is a powerful drink that refreshes, revitalizes, and contains low calories, aids in gas passing, decreases flatulence, and maintains the peristalsis or normal movement of your digestive tract.
The Sassy water concept was derived from the fact that an individual needs at least 8 glasses of water a day so he/she can function normally. This quantity is derived from an average need for liquid of an individual and may vary from person to person depending on their food intake, body built and body activities.
In order to make to have a flat belly, it is important for you also to avoid taking sweets, snacks, oily foods during the entire 4 day course of drinking the Sassy water. Instead of eating unhealthy foods, it is recommended that you eat fruits and vegetables that contains high amount of water such as cantaloupe, watermelon, etc. The rationale behind it is that, if your body is properly hydrated, you can avoid occurrence of constipation and flatulence.
Curious of what the ingredients of Sassy Water? Here’s the list:
8 glasses of water
1 teaspoon of grinded ginger root
1 fresh cucumber medium size, sliced thinly
1 medium size lemon, chopped in thin slices
12 leaves of peppermint
As you can see, almost all ingredients has its own natural diuretic effect. This means that, the excess fluid in your body will pass out through urination. Do note that increase in urinary frequency is expected.
Worrying that you might become dehydrated because of the urinary frequency effect it has? No worries! Because almost all of these ingredients have hydrating effect too. Which means that though you are passing too much urine, your skin will never be dry looking. In fact, your skin will be more radiant and clear.
So how do you prepare a Sassy water? Here’s how:
Mix all ingredients in a jug
Put it in the fridge overnight
Filter the contents
Start drinking the juice you created (Avoid drinking soda during the Sassy water course)
Drink this powerful juice for at least 4 days to see results
After 4 days, try to measure your waist again and you will be surprised of how much you centimeters you shed off.
Thank me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Lack of interest and concentration.
A tingling sensation or numbness in the hands or feet.
Yoga is a great way to get rid of diseases and health conditions from heart problems to back pain, sciatica and depression. There exists a body of research suggesting that yoga is the best healing therapy for improving spine alignment and joint health. But on the flip side, research also suggests that yoga can’t cure cancers though it can help one deal with chemotherapy.
But you can certainly try yoga for these diseases and conditions
- Digestive disorders: There are a number of asanas and pranayamas like the child pose or bala asana and kapalbhati pranayama, which can alleviate indigestion, gas and flatulence. These also help in bowel movement. The Boat pose which is done by stretching your legs and arms straight out parallel in front of you and then raising legs so toes are above eye level is very good for stomach disorders and so is the downward dog pose.
- Back pain: More than 50 percent adults will face back pain due to a number of reasons in their lifetime. Simple stretching or yoga stretches can both help in the prevention of back pain. Tadasana is very good for aligning the vertebral column and getting rid of back pain. Surya namaskar stretches are very helpful too. You can also try Jatara Parivartanasana, Upavista Konasana or forward bends, Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend and Bhujangasana or cobra pose for back pain.
- Heart disease: Bhujangasana or cobra pose stretches the chest, massaging organs inside, including heart, and allowing more blood flow to it, thus stimulating and strengthening heart muscle. Kapalbhati pranayama is also very good for the heart since it increases the absorption of oxygen in the blood. Yoga is proven to be an excellent heart risk improvement practice according to current research too.
- Depression: Anulom vilom pranayama is extremely effective in tackling anxiety and depression. It slows down breathing and is effective against hypertension too when done regularly over a long time. The deep breathing done while doing this pranayama helps slow heart rate and allows the lungs to absorb more oxygen.
- Diabetes: Surya namaskar or the twelve sun salutation poses help control diabetes as it promotes the production of insulin. The corpse pose is good too.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are common problems that can be handled using yoga. Poses like Sirsasana that increase the flow of oxygen to the brain can alleviate migraines easily.
- Thyroid disorders: Yoga asanas like shoulder stand, inverted pose, plough pose and the fish pose all help in making the thyroid gland work optimally again. The cobra pose and Ujjayi pranayama also work wonders by re-balancing metabolism and working on the throat reflex pathways to cure thyroid imbalance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
He is a diabetes patients, he is not well, even he take all type of precautions, he is weak, can you suggest me is revital help ful for him. He work hard at his shop. He always become ill because of weakness.
Meri age 26 hai. mera weight 82 kg hai mujhe usko kam kar k 60 karna hai please help me advice me to losing weight ?
How do I gain weight very quickly, as I wasn't to have a muscular body. What do I have to do. I am 22 and current weight is 60.
In India Vaidyas have been using hebo mineral Ayurvedic formulations for treating women since ages. These are totally harmless and beneficial in even worse conditions. However extreme infective conditions or discharge because of worst uterine involvement may take longer than expected time. Our Vaidyas Leucorrhoea Nashak Yog is for own patients only.