Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Pramila B
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Pramila BYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pramila B to be knowledgeable. The answer was more general in nature. I am already doing what you suggest. Perhaps, specific abdominal exercises would help.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pramila B to be helped me improve my health. VERY HELPFUL
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pramila B to be knowledgeable. Helpfull replies
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pramila B to be knowledgeable. Knowledgeable
Dt. Pramila B provides answers that are thorough and very helpful. Shall follow dr
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pramila B to be very helpful. Very helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pramila B to be practical. Veryhelpfulp
Dt. Pramila B provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks
Getting your abs to pop by hitting infinite number of crunches or sit ups is not going to work. Those washboard abs rely more on your diet than just exercise alone. Granted, exercises will firm up your Abdominis Rectus (muscles at the center of the abdomen) and oblique muscles, but they cannot make them prominent. In order to make your abdominal muscles seem nicely carved out, you need to get your body fat percentage down. This means creating a calorie deficit by modulating your diet so that the calorie output is more than the input.
Here are some diet tips for your abs:
- Stay away from simple carbs: Avoid eating simple carbohydrates; they cause your blood sugar to spike and signal your body to store that extra energy as fat. So consume them in limited amounts after your workouts to fuel your depleted cells, because it is then that the simple carbohydrates are converted into muscle glycogen instead of fat. Take a cue and throw those cookies your grand mom gave you for Christmas!
- Eat a lot of protein: Ideally you should be consuming protein equivalent to your body weight. So the goal is to consume 0.8 g of protein per kg of your bodyweight. A layman’s example would be that if you are 60 kg, you should be consuming 48 g of protein daily. Protein increases your metabolic rate, prevents loss of lean muscle and promotes satiety.
- Don’t give up on fats: Contrary to popular belief, fat is actually good for a fat loss plan. Include foods that provide your body with healthy Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. Good fats also help your body absorb Vitamin A, E and D. You should, however, not consume fats in excess; keep the servings small and only once per day.
- Make ‘complex carbohydrates’ a permanent fixture in your diet: Include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice and oats in your diet in small amounts. These carbs provide a steady stream of energy without spiking your blood sugar levels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Being over weight is a very common health problem. Although most people confuse weight with appearance, it is important to clear certain points. The way a person looks has nothing to do with weight; it all rests upon self confidence and self respect. However, weight can have major impact on the health of individuals.
A number of serious issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, gynaecological disorders tend to develop, which make lives nothing, but difficult. Given that we have a single life, why not enjoy the world without facing health issues. Here are some tips that could help individuals lose weight fast.
- Eating food items that would speed up the fat burning process can be a great beginning. Beans, walnuts, apples, spices, oats, ginger, green tea are certain food products, which help in increasing metabolism, thereby, helping in breaking down the food into energy faster, without much sugar storage (which could change into fats eventually).
- Weight loss without exercise would be a slow process and might at times even be ineffective. Running, cycling, boot camping, zumba and body combats are certain ways that help lose weight faster. Also cardio is an important part of exercise that enormously helps in weight loss. Jogging, swimming, circuit training, cross-trainer etc. are certain examples of cardio exercises.
- Another great method for losing weight sooner is weight training. This not only helps in losing weight efficiently, but also helps in staying fit over the years. With proper weight training, the muscles can be made stronger, thereby improving metabolism because muscles help burn calories very efficiently.
- One major mistake people make in the spur of losing weight is cutting off meals. That is the worst one could do as not only does it not help in weight loss, but also at times causes just the reverse. It is important to have small yet frequent meals throughout the day.
- A proper sleep cycle is absolutely necessary for losing weight. Improper sleep would make us tired and prevent us from working efficiently and also indirectly cause our body to crave for sugar.
- Eating a proper, healthy and full breakfast that would include high fibre and protein would make individuals have a lot of energy throughout the day and also help avoid unnecessary munching.
- Walking everyday is a great way to lose weight. Walking for 30 minutes every day prevents gaining weight, however, walking 45 minutes promotes weight loss.
- Eating fruits vegetables and avoiding complex carbs is another advice for losing weight faster.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor I am feeling low on energy from last few days. Even after taking enough sleep always feel sleepy. Sometimes I feel stomach is full due to acidity or something .suffering from thyroid problem from ten years but from last 10 months not taking any medicine. Kindly suggest what to do.
You have probably heard it over uncountable number of times that if you want to lose weight you have to give up fatty as well as sugary foods. The fact is both of them are important for health, albeit in a small amount and it is not possible to give them up entirely. Moreover, due to our fast life, we have become increasingly reliant on fast foods which contain a high level of fat and sugar. Even more, the foods we consume at home contain some proportionate levels of fat and sugar.
You may now wonder whether it is possible to entirely give up fatty and sugary foods. The answer is not all types of fats or sugars are harmful to your health. Refined sugars and fats are bad for your health. Refined sugars like white sugar, glucose, corn syrup with high fructose level or brown sugar are harmful to your health. Refined fats like margarine, oils or Tran’s fats have an adverse effect on your health as well. New findings have shown that if you consume healthy fat, you can lose more calories in comparison to consuming the same amount of carbohydrates. It is because healthy fats make you feel fuller and less hungry.
Fat or Sugar?
There are varying opinions regarding this. Some think fat is fatal for our health while many hold sugar as the real culprit. Let us see the both the opinions.
- When you consume 1 gram fat, you consume 9 calories, while 1 gm of sugar adds only 4 calories to your body. So, apparently, you consume more calories from fat than sugar. On the other hand, losing weight means you have to burn more calories which mean you have to burn the fat more than the sugar.
- Again many are of the opinion that it is sugar which gives you more calories. You cannot consume all the sugar you intake in a day and they are stored as fat in your body cells. Carbohydrate forces your cell to give up more and more insulin which brings the sugar levels down in your body. It adversely affects your metabolism. Overall, it adds more calories to your body.
Fat decreases your cravings for food. They put a check on your blood sugar levels. You consume less fat than carbohydrates and burn more of it since it helps in higher metabolism. Fats like Omega-3 are helpful for your body as they take care of your heart.
The best way to keep your diet in check as well as satisfy your appetite is to consume wholesome food. Whole foods have fat, sugar, fiber in a balanced proportion which keeps your blood sugar level in control and checks metabolism. Consume foods like fatty fish, eggs, nuts, olive oil or avocados which will supply you with healthy fat. They help keep you healthy inside out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Think of the day when no one is at home and you have to make your own lunch. You can’t spend too much time figuring out what to make because you are getting late for college or work. Unable to conjure some ideas up, you finally end up buying lunch from the nearest takeaway, never realizing that in the process, you did not do your body any favor.
But, fret not; because all you have to do is learn about a few healthy quick recipes that are a treat, not only for your body, but also for that ever demanding palate of yours. Read on to know more:
- Boiled chickpeas: Boiled chickpeas are rich in protein, fiber and low in calories. Chickpeas contain complex carbohydrates that provide a steady stream of energy to your body. The fiber and protein contents in them promote satiety. You can pair them up with sliced tomatoes or cucumber. Feel free to add some spices for a light yet delightful lunch.
- Chapatti wrap: You can make a chapatti wrap with fillings that consist of sautéed vegetables and mint chutney. This is a very well balanced lunch that is extremely easy to prepare. Include vegetables such as carrots, cabbage and tomatoes that provide the all essential vitamins and minerals
- Stir fried vegetables and poached eggs: Another healthy dish if you are looking to lose fat, this option involves negligible carbohydrate count. Cut the vegetables into small pieces and then stir it in an oak. Add lemon juice and some sesame seeds to add flavor. The poached eggs are a good source of protein and Vitamin B that help in the easy functioning of the body’s metabolic system.
- Poha: Poha or beaten rice is a healthy staple that can be prepared very easily. You can add vegetables to the mix to make it a well-balanced meal. It falls under the category of ‘whole grains’, thus it releases energy steadily instead of spiking the blood sugar levels in the way most simple sugars do.
- Chicken and corn soup: A very refreshing dish especially during the winters, it is not only light on your stomach but also helps in curing cough and cold. It contains protein, carbohydrates and Vitamins that make it a very well balanced meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.