Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Vasundhara Agrawal
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Vasundhara AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as cushing's syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
She had diabetes, 31 age, diabetes attacked 16 months back, now suffering with weight loss how to gain weight? She almost losses 8 kgs.
Hi I am 30 years old, have been diabetes since 2007. I am taking insulin regularly as per instruction. But my weight is 54.700 that is not growing. What are the key to improve it effectively without carb and protein?
Procrastination affects all of us at some point of time in our lives. For most of us, that time comes as soon as the New Year begins. We make a resolution at the end of almost every year to introduce a healthy change or leave a bad habit. However, our commitment to stick to our resolution starts falling flat as we come out of the festive mood and get caught in the hustle and bustle of life. Most of us decide to bring the change to our lifestyles from the coming Monday of the new year. However, for most of us, that Monday never comes. We keep postponing our plan of action to the next Monday and the next month. By the time we realize that we really need to stick to our plan, the year already comes to an end.
Procrastination can make us miss on some of the most amazing things that we can do in life and the things that we really enjoy doing. However, we can make a resolution to overcome our procrastination this year as 2017 ends with one good reason - this time, the beginning of the new year 2018 falls on the new week, the new day i.e. Monday. This very reason is a good enough for all of us to stick to our resolutions from the first day itself and not to delay it until the end of 2018 or until any other Monday.
As you prepare your plans for the New Year’s Eve, start thinking about your resolution for the year 2018 and your plans to follow from the very first day. The following are some of the healthy resolutions that each one of us needs to make right away:
Resolution #1: I won’t eat out for more than one day in a month
Eating home-made meals is absolutely essential to maintain a good health. Processed food and meals ordered from restaurants often lack nutrition and they contain higher amounts of sugar, salt, and refined flour. Half of our concerns related to health will fade away when we start eating right and at the right time.
Resolution #2: I will engage in one physical activity at least once a day
People, especially working professionals, are often too busy to hit the gym and go for a walk. The only physical activity they carry out is to commute to their offices and that too using a transportation system. They spend hours sitting in front of the computer and getting burdened with immense stress. This takes a severe toll on the physical health.
Such people can make a resolution to engage themselves in at least one physical activity every day. Be it walking to a nearby shop to purchase grocery, washing their car, doing the dishes standing, cooking meals at home or mopping the floor.
Resolution #3: I will eat at least one fruit every day
Fruits are absolutely wonderful when it comes to intake of micronutrients and other important vitamins and minerals. Colored fruits such as berries, grapes, and oranges are a rich source of antioxidants that prevent the accumulation of free radicals that cause oxidative damage.
Resolution #4: I will sleep on time or for at least 7 hours every night
Make a commitment to sleep for at least 7, if not 8, hours a day. Sound sleep is absolutely essential to maintain proper mental health and keep the functioning of the hormonal system in the body optimum. It also helps keep a number of health conditions at bay. Sleeping at the same time every day is also essential.
Resolution #5: I will not use any gadget at least an hour before hitting the bed
The light emitted from gadgets such as smartphones and tablets can disrupt sleep and keep you awake at night for a longer duration. Therefore, it is best not to use them at least an hour before you plan to sleep.
So make your list of resolutions and dream up for the New Year. Procrastinating is easy but keeping ourselves away from it is even easier if we have a strong will and are motivated to do something to make our lives better. Not today, not tomorrow, but we can incorporate these little changes in our routine every single day to experience the big change!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!