Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Sahana Dasharathi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Sahana DasharathiYour feedback matters!
Vulvar cancer is an invasive and cancerous growth, which occurs in the vulva (the external vaginal or reproductive tract opening in females). The main types of vulvar cancer include:
- Squamous cell carcinoma: This condition gives rise to abnormal growths that generally originate from the most common forms of skin cells known as squamous cells. They are characterized by open sores, scaly red patches, elevated growths with a depression in the centre or warts which might crust or bleed. They can cause disfiguring and sometimes can prove to be fatal if their growth is allowed.
- Melanoma: This is a form of cancer that is known to develop cells that contain pigment called melanocytes. It is one of the most dangerous forms of cancer and is more commonly found in women.
- Basal cell carcinoma: Basal cell carcinoma contributes to around 1- 2% of vulvar cancer. This form of cancer tends to be slow-growing lesions on the labia majora (external large vulvar folds), but is capable of occurring anywhere else on the vulva. The behaviour bears resemblance to basal cell cancers that occur in other locations. Their growth is local and the risk of deep invasion or metastasis (spreading of cancer) is low. Treatment of basal cell carcinoma involves excision. However, these types of lesions tend to recur if they are not removed completely.
Symptoms of vulvar cancer include:
- Itching, bleeding or burning sensation on the vulva that is not relieved.
- Occurrence of skin changes such as rashes or warts, on the vulva.
- Pain in pelvis, particularly during sex or urination.
- Changes in skin colour of the vulva (abnormally red or white).
- Lumps, ulcers or sores that occur on the vulva which does not subside
Treatment options of vulvar cancer include:
1. Surgery: This is the most common form of treatment wherein, the cancer is removed without affecting the sexual function of the woman. Some of the surgical procedures include:
- Laser Surgery
- Wide local excision (small portion of the cancerous tissue)
- Radical local excision (removing a major portion of benign tissues as well)
- Ultrasonic surgical aspiration (tumour is broken into small pieces using fine vibrations)
- Vulvectomy (removal of all or part of vulva)
2. Radiation Therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy and internal radiation therapy.
3. Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is stopped, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
Self-medicating is dangerous. It can cause serious problems, so it is important to set up an appointment with your family doctor when any symptoms of an illness occur. A family doctor is trained to guide you for an appropriate plan of action to treat a condition.
Doctor, I have recently affected by typhoid and after that I have become thin and loose my weight after typhoid .so tell me what to do to regain my weight and increase weight after typhoid.
My weight is 74 kgs. Before 2 months my weight was 85 kgs. My height is 5" 9'wkat you think this is ok or not? Till now I have lot of fat in my body thats why I do not get a muscular body. So please help me to get a muscular body.
I am 28 years old I have a problem that my belly fat increased day by day, have any medicine solutions?
Hi doctor, My height is 6 feet and weight is just 55 can you please suggest me something to increase the weight. I am pure vegetarian. Is there any exercise or home remedies to increase te weight?
Hi, Since last 5 years, I am suffering from diabetes, I am not in very good condition. So what can I do? Can you please suggest something which will help me.
Meri mother ko thk sE nind nhI aati h 1 2 ghnte s jada so nh pati h whole day What should I do for her?
I have diabetes. Not too high. I am trying to maintain it by not eating any sugar items. It's a tough one to maintain. Please help me with any other solutions.
Inspire of doing regular exercises and physical activities, I'm not able to reduce my fat and weight. Should I follow the GM diat which every one suggests or not?
I want to wait gain quick as possible. Give me a best suggestion and can I take a endura mass or like that is it safe.
For a morning jog of no longer than 30 or 45 minutes at a relaxed pace (you can hold a conversation), a glass of water might be all that's needed ahead of time provided you had a decent dinner the night before. But if last night's meal wasn't filling or if you ate it early, drinking some orange juice or a banana will replace glycogen stores in your muscles to stave off sluggishness. If you're heading out in the afternoon, have a snack like fruit yogurt, milk and fruit, nuts, and milk or nut chikki.
There's no need to take in calories immediately, but try to eat a snack, your breakfast or your next meal within an hour or two. Skipping a solid post-run meal could lead to lethargy or sugar cravings later in the day or down the road, even sickness or injury.