Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Rashmi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. RashmiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 27 years female and I have hairs on my hand, legs and on my face. I want to remove hairs on my face permanently. What should I do? Also I have heard that raw papaya and turmeric paste helps in removing hair permanently should I try this. I am tired of waxing. For my hairs on face please suggest the permanent solution.
I am gaining more weight now a days especially near my stomach and hip. Can I get any suggestions like how to lose weight. I will do walking daily and never used lift till date.
Hi, m 34 years old female n according to my latest report my hba1c is 6.6 n fasting is 101. M I a diabetic person or hvi potential? M nt sure abt my status. Should I go for medicine or jst do exercise to recover the condition? Pls suggest.
हेलो, मैं बहुत पतला हूँ, कोई ऐसा तरीका बताईय जिससे की मैं वेट गैन कर सकु. मेने बहुत कुछ try कर लिया है
I am a 38 years age, suffering from diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. pls tell me what can be done.?
Hi, I knew a girl she is 19 years old and she often faints due irregular consumption of meals and less intake of minerals ,proteins. Etc what would I suggest her to eat?
Acne is a common skin disease, which happens when the hair follicles becomes full with dead skin cells and oil secreted from the skin. Acne is mainly characterized by vast areas of blackheads and pimples. The appearance of a person suffering from acne has often led to anxiety, and in extreme cases has caused depression as well.
Causes of Acne:
- Genetics is thought to be one of the main reasons for hair fall due to acne. This is supported both by twin studies and studies that have shown higher rates of acne among first degree relatives. Acne susceptibility is polygenic as the disease does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern.
- Another reason for acne is related to hormonal activities, such as those during menstrual cycle and puberty. During puberty, sex hormones called androgens increase, which causes the follicular glands to grow larger than normal. Many hormones like testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and growth hormone have been shown to have links with acne.
- Many bacteria like the anaerobic bacterium are suspected to be a reason behind acne. Infection caused by the parasite Demodex is also responsible for causing acne.
Role of Diet in Acne:
Different studies have been done to establish a relationship between diet and acne, but there is no evidence to prove so. Some tests have shown different degrees of acne intensity due to high glycemic diets. Another unproved study shows consuming dairy milk is linked to higher incidences and intensity of acne. One recent experiment has shown a relationship between acne and obesity, however, no relationship is found between acne and insulin metabolism. Vitamin B12 may cause skin problems similar to acne.
Cigarette smoking and acne has been a ground for high debate among biologists. Some medical records have shown that cigarette smoking increases the severity of acne. Some studies have also shown that stress or other psychological causes worsens acne. Acne severity is linked to high stress levels.
- Scars are a common symptom of acne. Acne scars are caused due to inflammation in the skin dermal layer. The scar is made by an abnormal form of healing after the inflammation. These scars are classified on the basis of whether excess collagen or collagen loss is caused by the abnormal inflammation.
- Nodular acne lesions cause pigmentations. This often leaves a red, inflamed mark even after the lesion has been cured.
- A diet low on glycemic index is recommended for treating acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the first step in treating mild to moderate acne. This is because of its high effectiveness and mild side effects. The peroxide causes drying of the skin as a side effect.
- Antibiotics are very much used for treating acne. Oral antibiotics are highly recommended. This is because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Azelaic acid when applied at 20% concentration is effective for treating mild to moderate acne.
- Natural treatment methods include applying tea tree oil or bee venom to reduce the amount of lesions in acne.
My body size is very thin. I used to eat 4 times in a day but no proteins and energy goes in to body. What should I do to gain my body size.
Can you please suggest some medicine for Iron Deficiency, low levels of Hemoglobin and Vitamin D and B 12 deficiencies.
Serum Prolactin tested on 14th Aug'17 was 25.67 ng/ml for my daughter age 21 years student/unmarried.
I am 22 years old. My tummy is flat. But lower parts of body are too fat. How to reduce the weight in particular part. I want it to be done within a short time.
My diabetes is abnormal condition that 160fbs and 240 ppbs I take medicine properly but it not come the normal condition why?
I have a desk job and in the last 3 years my weight has gone up 50 kgs to 60 kgs. I want to lose weight please help.
My mother in law had ovarian cancer 2 years back which is removed. Again she is having kidney pain n neck lump from past few days. Here are the X-ray results: 1.Right pleural reaction 2.Right DJ stent seen Neck sonography: Cervical lymphadenopathy with cervical changes. Ca-125: 44.80 Sonography of abdomen and pelvis: 1.Irregular nodular necrotic lesion in peripancreatic (4*3.5 cm),persplenic (1.3*1 cm, left iliac region (5.3*4.6 cm) and pelvic lymph nodes s/o secondaries. 2. Small hepatic lesion? Metastasis 3. Moderate right hydronephrosis with irenic stent in situ. 4. Mild perisplenic fluid. What is secondaries? Is cancer back or is this other disease? Anything to worry?
I was prescribed to use Insugen insulin 30/70, and directed to use 50 units in the morning and 40 units at night. I was bought 40IU/ml insulin for the first time and by mistake I bought 100IU/ml for the next time. So can I use the second one or I have to change the product.
I am trying to get loose my weight and gain colour to my body can you suggest anything for these problems.
When the immune system of the body reacts against the tissues of its own body, it is called an autoimmune disorder. To put it more dramatically, the body becomes its own enemy. The immune system of your body keeps fighting disease causing germs and bacteria, but in rare cases, the immune system might malfunction and fight its own body causing different disorders. These disorders may be caused due to genetic issues or due to mutations. According to ayurveda, autoimmune disorders are a result of constant unhealthy lifestyle and diet. Ayurveda works at the root cause of the disease where it starts treating the malfunctioning immune system.
Here is how ayurveda treats autoimmune disorders:
- Toxin removal: Ayurveda starts working on removing the toxins from the body. According to ayurveda, toxins or ama in the body interfere with the proper functioning of the immune system, which often leads to autoimmune diseases. Usually shunthi, haritaki, pippali, maricha, hingu and saindhav lavan are used to detoxify the body.
- Metabolism correction: Not only will ayurveda detoxify the body, but it will also correct the metabolism which gets messed up when afflicted with an autoimmune disorder. Neem, guggulu, guduchi, vasa, patola patra and ghrita are used to correct the metabolism.
- Increase in ojus production: Ojus is the component which helps in the nourishment of the immune system. It is generally received from the food you eat. Due to dysfunctional immune system causing the impairment of metabolism, production of ojas decreases to almost nil. Hence ayurveda increases its production. Guduchi, haridra, manjishtha, amalaki, nirgundi, yashtimadhu and pippali are used to increase ojha production.
- Immune system correction: Lastly, ayurveda works at correcting the immune system. If the immune system is not corrected, then the above treatment procedure will just be useless. Ghrita, haritaki, bahera, amalaki, ela and dadim are used generally to calm the immune system and rejuvenate it. They help correct the immune system for normal functioning.
Autoimmune disorders may not be easily treated, but that doesn't mean you cannot expect it to cure or witness a miracle. You just need some faith and confidence alongside proper treatment and you are ready to roll. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.