Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. PallaviYour feedback matters!
Can a diabetic patient eat 5 raisins or big munnakka daily. My mother ia a diabetic patient and has frequent constipation problems so she takes trifala powder daily. Can she include munnaka in her diet.
My weight is 80 kg and height is 5ft .5" i have fat on stomach only ,belly is 39" ,waist is 37,heep is 40.25" ,please help me to reduce i am 44 year old.
The skin is a major organ. It protects the human body from coming in contact with germs, infections and microbes; it helps you feel sensations and also adjusts your body temperature. Keeping in mind the range of functions performed by this organ, you should take good care of it.
A healthy diet and a few healthy habits can give an extra edge to your skin. Try to know about these seven fruits that successfully improve your skin.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice can work wonders for your skin. It can heal lines and freckles on being used regularly. The fruit contains polyphenols that counter free radicals and increase blood flow. It makes your skin healthy through detoxification. Pomegranates can prevent as well as treat skin damages caused by ultraviolet rays of the sun. The peel of the fruit is used along with seed oil, encourages cell growth and hinders wrinkles naturally. It averts enzymes, which break down collagen and make your skin look younger.
- Bananas: Whether you like the taste of it or not, care to include this fruit in your beauty regime for its many benefits. It contains amino acids that are known to increase your skin elasticity. The fruit also contains Zinc and Potassium. While Zinc fights against bacterial infection and prevents Acne, Potassium hydrates a dehydrated skin. Do not throw away banana skins; the inside of a banana skin when rubbed on your face can make it glow.
- Watermelon: This juicy, refreshing fruit refreshes your skin as well. It contains astringent that can naturally tone your skin. It revitalizes dull and boring skin. When you return home after a tiring day, it is best to cleanse your face with a refrigerated slice of this fruit. The red fruit controls signs of aging because of its carotene content. It is also known to prevent blisters on your skin when applied on a regular basis.
- Papaya: Pigmentation is a serious problem that many of us suffer from. Treating the problem through medication works but daily skin care is also needed. Mashed papaya helps in smoothening rough skin. It makes your skin really supple. Many tend to develop wrinkles at an early age. This hampers confidence as you are constantly worried about the way you look. Applying papaya masks can actually control wrinkles.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is known to contain Omega- 3 fatty acids; these acids defend your skin from germs. They prevent you from horrible skin infections. However, the fruit prevents your skin from sagging. It is rich in Vitamin C, which again helps in producing collagen. Kiwi checks the levels of sebum excretion reducing the chances of having a sticky face.
- Oranges: If you are tired of the blackheads on your skin, you have a home remedy to deal with it. Oranges are brilliant in extracting blackheads. Orange juice is also known to lighten one's skin tone. It reduces blemishes and treats acne. Consuming the fruit or its juice regularly can give you a radiant skin.
- Apples: You should wholeheartedly believe in the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Apples are good for your skin as they have a BLT effect. Apples brighten and lighten your skin. They provide protection against tanning. The fruit acts effectively on your skin by doing away with the pathogens and excess oils.
Related Tip: "Risks and Treatment of Dry Skin"
Sir /Madam, Any doctors from Chennai? Can anyone help me to lose weight fast? And also give me an idea about the money which I need to spend on it. And also about the duration for curing me in to normal fit body. Am 102 kgs age 22 I need to trim myself in to 70 kgs.
Weight can be lost by losing muscle mass also, which is so very difficult to gain back without much exercise and adequate protein diet.
muscle mass is like stones and fat is like cotton. so when you lose muscle, you would see an appreciable dip on the weighing scale.
wherein when you lose fat, you don't see much reduction on the weighing scale, but will see an appreciable reduction in inch measurements
It is up to you to decide whether you want to lose fat or lose muscle mass (wherein you would have to keep going back to the doctor, again again with weak bones and the consequent results)
so, do not follow crash diets which will result in speedy weight loss.
always follow advice of your competently qualified Registered Dietician to modify lifestyle to achieve and maintain consistent results...
How to he rid of chest fat commonly called gyanocomastiya. Is there any exercise or medicine to get rid of this.
When I am hungry I think that I can eat 5 chapatis at a time. But when I gonna start I hardly eat 2 chapatis. That's why i'm too weak. Suggest me what should I do?
I'm Raaj from Mumbai. I have some fever n weakness. I feel weak in evening. I am always feeling sleepy.:)
I have feelings very tired whole days since last week. I don't know what happens to me. Is there is some health problems. Please help?
I am 25 years old female, ny weight is 39 kgs only, I am looking very thin, can I use God powder and alfa malt forte powder, please suggest me.
I am very thin. I want to gain weight and wants to look like a healthy person. please suggest best diet plan so that I can gain weight.
I am suffering from osteogenesis imperfecta, so what's it's permanent cure? I have undergone treatment with several doctors, and they told it's not curable, so please suggest me it's permanent treatment.
I wanted to diet, my age is 19, I don't know about the healthy diet, would you please tell me how the healthy diet can be done? Please advice.
I'm having 155/80 BP n I want to control it within a week. So how can I control it to normal pls suggest it's because if I don't control I may loose my job. Pls help.
She is a diabetic patient. Her glucose level is 350 mg/dl wat r all the foods she must be avoided. Nd mainly wat r all the foods she can have to control her sugar level?
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back.