Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Keertana
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. KeertanaYour feedback matters!
I am very lean and skinny boy I want to gain mass perfectly. What precautions must I take and what kind of food Can I eat?
have a problem of vitamin b12 due to which I feel fatigue and I feel like fainting some tym my hand and body shivers ao please suggest me some good medicine.
Hi my mother is getting ower weight and legs became fatty and they are paining what to do and belly also how to solve this problem and how to reduce loose body and body water content.
I have issue of going to motion multiple of time. I feel weakness and do not feel strength in my body. During muscular exercise not able to lift the weight. As per Ayurveda my body is pittavardak and suggested to eat less. In fact fasting will relieve my problem. As per Homeopath the good digestive bacteria not in the stomach leads to such problem. Dietician and Gym instructor suggested to take testosterone. Please suggest the probable reason and how to change acidic PH of stomach to alkaline.
I m 19 year old and doesn't eat a lot and and play everyday, walks for about 3km but my body is going too fat to adjust for me. Please help as soon as possible.
Types of sprouts and their benefits:
Bengal gram: Also known as chola or kala chana, bengal gram is available in dried as well as canned form. It is frequently and creatively used in various curries in the indian cuisine and notably, it contains zero percent alcohol. One cup of bengal gram contains 45 grams of carbohydrates that constitute about 65 percent of its total calorie content.
Types of sprouts bengal gram
Benefits of sprouted bengal gram:
- It has a high amount of dietary fiber which reduces the risk of diabetes, coronary disease, obesity, cancer, and digestive disorders.
- It is a rich source of vitamin b-6 or thiamin which plays a vital role in energy metabolism and the synthesis of neurotransmitters and hormones.
- It is rich in minerals, such as phosphorus, iron, manganese, and copper, which reduce the risk of anemia, arthritis, diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- An adult who takes a 2000-calorie diet needs 56 to 77 grams of protein daily and bengal gram can supply the required amount of protein to him/ her satisfactorily.
Green gram: Also called “mung”, these species belong to the legume family and is mainly grown in india, south east asia, and china. It is used in both spicy and sweet recipes.
Benefits of sprouted green gram:
- These sprouts have high amount of iron, fiber, and vitamins k, b, and c.
- Vitamin k prevents cardiovascular disease and maintains bone density. The vitamin also regulates bone mineralization and the process of blood clotting.
- Vitamin c is an antioxidant which preserves cell health by neutralizing the effect of free radicals. Vitamin c promotes skin health and reduces the risk of stroke, cancer, and common cold.
- Iron promotes immune health by promoting the growth of immune cells. Dietary science suggests that men should consume 8 milligrams of iron on a daily basis while women need 18 milligrams of iron to maintain a healthy red blood cell count. Green gram supplies adequate iron that helps to fulfill men’s and women’s dietary needs.
Bean sprouts: Bean sprouts are rich sources if vitamin c, proteins, and folate, and most importantly, they are low-calorie foods. Medical research suggests that men must consume 90 milligrams of vitamin c and women should consume 75 milligrams of the vitamin on a daily basis.
Benefits of sprouted bean gram:
Folate promotes the development of red blood cells. Folate also supports other functions such as dna synthesis, cell repair, cell maintenance, amino acid metabolism and the creation of erythrocytes and leukocytes.
Folate also reduces the risk of obesity, heart disease, and various types of cancers including colon cancer.
Alfalfa sprouts: Alfalfa sprouts are rich sources of vitamins c, k, and a, folate, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Benefits of sprouted alfalfa bean:
- Alfalfa sprouts are rich sources of calcium and potassium which promote bone growth and muscle health and help the body to maintain a normal heart beat.
- Alfalfa sprouts have high amounts of phytoestrogens which reduce the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and cancer.
- Alfalfa sprouts contain saponins which reduce the level of ldl cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and boosts immune strength.
- The vitamins, present in alfalfa sprouts, promote good vision and cell growth.
Sunflower sprouts: Sunflower sees have now gained visibility in the health world due to its essential fatty acids, vitamins and mineral content. It is widely used as a snack by weight watchers.
Benefits of sunflower sprouts –
- Sunflower sprouts contain high amount of essential amino acids which promote muscle tissue repair.
- Sunflower sprouts are rich sources of b vitamins and vitamins d and e, minerals and phytonutrients, and folate which promote the health of pregnant women and their growing embryos.
- Sunflower sprouts are packed with antioxidants that support heart health, promote cellular recovery, and bring down the rate of the aging process.
- What is more appealing is that sunflower sprouts have very low calorie content and that is why, they can be a vital part of a weight loss diet.
- Sunflower sprouts contain minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and copper which help the body to fight against a number of diseases.
Radish sprouts: These sprouts are noted for their high essential amino acid content and they are rich sources of vitamins a, b, c, e, and k as well.
Types of sprouts radish sprout:
Benefits of radish sprouts:
- Radish sprouts contain lignan which is an anti-carcinogenic substance.
- Radish sprouts support weight loss and boost the health of the immune system.
- They also promote the functions of the liver and the gall bladder.
- Radish sprouts provide relief to those who are suffering from jaundice by eliminating excess bilirubin from the blood.
- Radish sprouts also help to reduce the pain associated with constipation.
- Radish sprouts have a special role to play on women’s health as they relieve hot flushes and other menopause-related symptoms.
Red lentil sprouts (masoor): Red lentil sprouts are rich sources of protein and have a low calorie content compared to non-vegetarian sources of proteins such as meat and poultry. Hence, they form an essential part of a weight-watcher’s diet.
Benefits of red lentil sprouts:
- They contain high amounts of vitamin c, folate, and potassium.
- Vitamin c protects skin from pre-mature aging and reduces the risk of cancer, stroke, and common cold.
- Folate supports red blood cell development and supports many bodily functions such as cell repair and maintenance, amino acid metabolism, dna synthesis, and the development of leukocytes and erythrocytes.
Chickpea sprouts: Also known as “chana” in india, chickpea sprouts are rich sources of protein, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and carbohydrates.
Benefits of chickpea sprouts –
- Dietary fiber promotes digestive health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and constipation.
- Chickpea sprouts form a great weight loss food for their high protein percentage and low fat content.
- They supply a high amount of vitamins and minerals to the body.
Sir my wife has a diabetes due to pancreas stone. Everything is okay but I want to ask you it's a dangerous diabetes? And it's a type 1 or type 2 And in this types of diabetes which type of carrying is done. Please tel me sir.
Eating green leafy vegetables can help keep your mental abilities sharp. It also offers simple affordable and non-invasive way of protecting your brain from dementia. With studies proving that the people who ate one to two serving of green leafy vegetables a day had the cognitive ability of a person 11 years younger than those who consumed none. It was also found that nutrients linked with slowing cognitive decline are vitamin k, lutein, folate and beta carotene.