Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Graisy JosephYour feedback matters!
These days I have been facing a regular sperm leakage, I feel so weak and headache tell me how do I get rid of this?
I have a desk job and my weight increases from 75 kgs to 100 kgs. Please give some tips of weight loss.
Pregnancy stretch marks
Stretch marks are narrow pink or purplish streak-like lines that can develop on the surface of the skin. They're also known as stria or striae. If you get them, they usually appear on your tummy, or sometimes on your upper thighs and breasts as your pregnancy progresses. The first sign you notice might be itchiness around an area where the skin is becoming thin and pink.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks are very common in the general population and don't just affect pregnant women. They can happen whenever the skin is stretched. For example, when we're growing during puberty or when putting on or losing weight, but hormonal changes in pregnancy can affect your skin and make you more likely to get stretch marks.
Whether or not you get stretch marks depends on your skin type, as some people's skin is more elastic. After your baby is born, the marks should gradually fade and become less noticeable, but they won't go away completely.
Pregnancy weight gain
You are more likely to get stretch marks if your weight gain is more than average in pregnancy. Most women gain between 10kg and 12.5kg (22 and 28lb) in pregnancy, although weight gain varies a great deal from woman to woman.
Stretch marks are not harmful. They don't cause medical problems. Over time, your skin will shrink and the stretch marks will fade into white-coloured scars.
Preventing stretch marks
Some creams claim to remove stretch marks once they've appeared, but there is no reliable evidence that they work. There is also limited evidence about whether oils or creams help prevent stretch marks from appearing in the first place.
Prevent stretch marks during pregnancy to some extent-maintain a healthy lifestyle
Make your diet skin-nourishing
You've probably started eating a balanced diet to ensure that your baby gets enough nutrients and vitamins. While you are at it, incorporate foods that promote skin health and those that will improve the elasticity of your skin. This will help keep stretch marks from appearing. Incorporate these foods to your diet:
- Foods packed with antioxidants: as they will help protect and nourish your skin. They include vegetables and fruits
- Food that is rich in vitamin E: as it protects the cell membranes of your skin. Eat collard greens, broccoli, seeds and nuts.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: as they repair the tissues of your skin. Eat red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash and mango.
- Food that is rich in omega-3 and 6: as it will make your skin glow and keep the cell membranes healthy. Eat, eggs, walnuts, fish oil and fish.
Increase intake of liquids
Liquids help detoxify the body and also keep the cells of the skin plump, which in turn makes the skin healthy. Your skin will also be able to get back to normal from the stresses brought by stretch marks. Here are some liquid drinking habits you should practice:
Drinking eight glasses of water each day. If you are unable to ingest all at once, you can get a bottle of water that can carry all 8 glasses of water and drink the water in bits throughout the day.
Do low impact exercises
Exercise helps to retain your skin's elasticity by improving circulation. Additionally, you will be able to keep off those extra pounds.
Perform exercises for pregnant women. They include kegel exercises, stretches and all other simple movements.
Try low impact exercises and yoga. Pilates and yoga help you get rid of uncomfortable positions during pregnancy.
Pay attention to your weight
When you gain too much weight fast, you will have stretch marks. That is why you need to keep an eye on your weight. You can do so by:
- Avoiding overeating. Even though pregnant women are required to eat more calories than they were eating before, it does not mean that you eat twice as much.
- Keeping cravings at bay. When they do come, just have a little of whatever food you have cravings for and top it with a hefty serving of fruits. That way, you will have satisfied your cravings while watching your weight.
Apply natural oils
Natural oils moisturize and hydrate your skin. Apply natural oils on your lower back, legs, thighs, sides, belly and anywhere else.
Bio oil, shea butter, almond oil, wheat germ oil and cocoa butter are quite popular oils for moisturizing the skin of pregnant women. Pure lanolin is also wonderful.
I feel very weakness last 6 days. I take many painkillers but the problem is not leave me can you tell me any suggestion. please I am very sad with this problem. Thanx.
The most frequently asked question by prospective or new homeopathic patients is related to the time required for recovery. Most patients are worried about the length of time involved in homeopathic treatment to make them fit and fine again.
Homeopathic treatment does not deal with any independent or isolated symptoms. It helps in analyzing and assessing a complex entity involving both unknown and known indicators. Homeopathic healing has to be given time to happen at its own pace. Unconscious and conscious participation of the patients is badly needed in this treatment.
- Vitality level: This is the most important factor which contributes to making an effective homeopathic forecasting. There are two types of vitality-high and low. Low vitality people have the attitude of breaking down under stress and tension. They are largely oversensitive and unresponsive to challenges. On the other hand, people with high vitality have the tendency to bounce back within no time. They are positive, strong and are ready to respond even under a stressful situation.
- Social background and nature: People who are highly expressive and respond to their body signals can avail the benefits of homeopathic treatment to its most. In fact, these people have a good chance to get cured within a short time span. On the other hand, people who have the tendency to suppress their emotion or who are highly intellectual may have to invest more time in this treatment. This is because life is dynamic and people who exhibit their dynamism in life often respond fast to homeopathic medicines.
- Severity and type of disease: The intensity and the nature of the disease consume a great deal of time in homeopathic treatment. For example, hereditary disorders take a longer time to heal. In such cases prediction and forecasting become a bit difficult.
- The duration for which the symptoms have been persisting: Homeopathic treatment follows a basic rule which states that 'It takes a month for each year of existence of a condition to treat it.' However, in the case of a chronic condition the duration of treatment might be a little longer than predicted by the above rule.
Related Tip: Kidney stones and homeopathy?
Sorry dear doctors I fully fit. I have no problem .becoz I believe in naturopathic and I take care of this. Thnx 4 your this new app. I think its helps needful people.
Im very skinny and very lean. I want to gain weight and be as a normal man as in my age people. I don't feel hungry much. Im not able to eat lot.
Hi I am 17 male very sportive person but gained 12-15 kg during my boards. I have started swimming and gyming but don't control my diet and don't have a diet plan. If it will be in front of me, i'll strictly follow. So I am finding a dietitian. Help me
I am suffering from underweight my height is 184 cms and I am only 51 kg in weight. Please tell some best medicines for gaining fast weight.
I have a desk job in the last two years my weight has gone up from 75 kg to 85 kg. I want to lose weight. Please help me.
Am maintaining diet but not reducing weight please give suggestion to overcome problem in faster want to reduce weight can you give list to maintain diet.
How many meals should you really have in a day?
With the advancement in nutritional science, researchers have realised that lesser gap between meals means lesser-stored fat which in turn also helps to control blood sugar, boost metabolism and aids in weight management. After three hours of a meal our blood sugar starts falling and after four hours the digestion is complete. After 5 hours we are ready to gobble up whatever comes in our way as the body is looking for a way to refuel. This may lead to consuming high-calorie food.
Eating at regular intervals can save you from binging, keep your blood sugar level stable and help you stay energised. Also, digestion itself is work for the body and the activity leads to burning calories. However, one needs to be careful and not consume very high-calorie meals as that would increase the risk of chronic diseases.
Since everybody is different, there cannot be a set number of meals prescribed for everyone. It depends on when a person feels hungry and how that person would like to deal with it. But you need to understand your body's need for replenishment and provide the nourishment it requires. Hence, according to your body's requirement you should have small meals at short intervals which could range from six to eight in a day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.