Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Graisy JosephYour feedback matters!
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity. Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
1. Anorexia: People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more. The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
Psychological Treatment: Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
Weight gain program: This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
2. Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimic patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adopt extreme measures for losing weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them.
My father age is 50 year. Diet is not problem for him. My father want strong and fit body muscular body good stamina. For all these things give some useful advise and recommend medicine and other external source.
My wife is house wife having diabeties and knee and back paining offen so what is the remeedy for that and the charges for that let me know the fees required to arrange
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years my weight has gone up from 75 to 85 kgs. I want to loose weight please help.
Best protein food for getting energy in the morning. Because I feel like no energy and it seems like low bp. But after having something everything Is fine.
I run last 15 days my target is 5 km run and I not complete 5 km run how to complete my run target? And increase my running stamina?
I have baby of 2 days. I have cesarean delivery. bleeding is very less it is OK or not? How many days bleeding should come after cesarean?
In morning after wake up. I find my stomach too whitish with little yellowish color. Is this happens because of some problem. Nd while I do brush .I can't able to do clean the tongue in proper manner .I find vomit while doing that. please help Nd suggest.
I am 53 years old having burning sensation in Palm and feet and urinary track what should I do my weight is 110kg.
Im a 17 year boy having weight 43 kg and I had done my kidney stone surgery before 1 year now suggest me a suitable mass gainer I have active workout routine also now. Before that surgery my weight was 31 kg only but after that I gained 12 kg.
I have sexual problem so what can I do. I want to fat because I am so thick. I want to blood donate.
Hi. I am Lokesh from India. I have a problem regarding my weight gain. I eat really well and sleep for long hours. But still I do not gain weight. Im 21 years old and my weight is only 52. I even tried weight gain powders, but still no effect? What may be the reason?
2 carrots + 2 green apples + 2 ribs celery
2 carrots + 2 green apples + 3-4 leaves kale + ¼ lemon slice + thumb-size ginger
2 carrots + 2 ribs celery + 2 leaves cabbage + thumb-size ginger
2 green apples + 2 ribs celery + 1 small cucumber + ¼ lemon slice
3 green apples + 1 small cucumber + 1 small bitter gourd + ¼ lemon slice
2 carrots + 1 small cucumber + 1 medium-sized beetroot + ¼ lemon slice
1 medium-sized beetroot + ½ small pineapple + 1 small cucumber + ¼lemon slice
4 ribs of celery + ½ small pineapple + thumb-size ginger
1 oz wheatgrass juice neat with a squeeze of lemon
How can I improve my digestion? Kindly suggest some ways to improve digestion so that I can gain weight.
Today we are going to share you details by which you can learn how we invite disease to our self and how we help us in not getting to the diseases. Our immunity power is helps us in the stage of disease and if we have good immunity power it can help us getting rid of diseases as soon as possible even without taking medicines.
Dr R.K Aggarwal says that we unknowingly or unknowingly invite diseases to us which could be by what we eat, take breath, drink water that’s what all we eat there not always all things are good for our body there always is waste materials in those. Well if our body has good immunity power it could help us in being healthy but if immunity power is not good it can cause diseases.
Dr. R K Aggarwal also discusses how having antibiotic or any disease would never help us in situation of urine infection or any related problems.
It will also be discussed why we should not go for operational treatment is not good for our body and why we should ignore operational treatments. How we eat much more than our lever digest so we much keep down what we eat. Whatever we eat should make it half to it.
Aphthae in our mouth is caused because of bad lever and problem in our stomach, Kidney stones will also be discussed. Cleansing our stomach will help us rescue us from it.
20 years of our research has helped us removing kidney stones through homeopathic medicines and that could help kidney stones to go out through urine. We should not fear from diseases some people get feared only by hearing names of diseases. Increase in ESR will also be discussed briefly.