Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Gowri RaoYour feedback matters!
I was tb patient in 2011 then weight was 48kgs after 6months medicine Course completed weight came to 52. Now 56kgs. 32 years old I am. Hight is 5.6feet. I should be 65kgs as per height. You please tell me what is wrong.
Hii doctors I eat raw aloevera regularly and I have seen a vibrant greenish yellow substance after cutting, is that substance safe for eating or I should avoid it.
I am having the problem of fat from my childhood, its making me shy. please help me to reduce my weight.
I am suffering from cold cough because of that my weight is not gaining in two weeks these happen to me.
How can we get fit and strong and maintain fitness fitness levels very high at any age just I think gym is not enough but also yoga is needed right. Am I right.?
An oily skin has a host of disadvantages. Apart from making a person look greasy and slimy, it also has major influences on the health of your skin. If you were not aware and thought of oily skin as an awkward condition only you should take a deeper look into its causal effects. Excess oil secretion can make you prone to sun tanning. It can lead to the formation of acne and can also result in upsetting dark patches.
Kinds of food to eat to rule out the ills of an oily skin:
- Include green leafy vegetables in your diet: Antioxidants can successfully fight off oily skin. Green leafy vegetables are rich in Vitamin C; they are known to reduce the effects of oxidants your skin regularly comes in contact with. Eat spinach and kale as much as you can. A green leafy vegetable should be part of your daily meal.
- Salmon can act as a savior: Everybody knows how oily salmon is. However, it is very valuable in treating an oily skin. Salmon is known to have a high percentage of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 acids keep sebum producing molecules on a leash. Thus, excess oil secretion can be controlled by consuming more of this nutritious fish.
- Nuts can combat an oily skin: Having nuts with honey or yogurt or having them directly can treat the ills of greasiness. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E that is further known to repair an irregular skin. Increased oil secretion is likely to result in acne; acne appears due to breakage of cell membranes. Vitamin E adds strength to your cell walls thus taking care of ugly scars.
- Cucumbers can help your case: Consuming cucumbers raw can be of enormous use. They hydrate the skin by ridding you of excess oil. Antioxidants in cucumbers have the effects of an astringent. They however do not interfere with the functions of essential oils. Have a cucumber on a daily basis to find the way to a glowing skin.
- Enjoy the benefits of grapefruit: The reason behind an oily skin could be the crushing presence of toxins. Grapefruit, rich in Vitamin C, deals with these toxins. Grapefruit contains fiber that is also good for controlling oil secretion.
Related Tip: "6 Must Know Beauty Tips for Oily Skin!"
I am 27 year old and thin with only weight of 55kg. I want to gain weight. Can I take lemon and honey in warm water? If I am taking this what should I add in my diet.
I am almost 25 kgs overweight. I hardly get time to exercise. Kindly suggest me something to loose weight.
I have lost 20 lbs. But I am afraid that I will gain it back like I always do. Is there anything I can do to help keep this weight off for good?
I am 19 yes male. I go the gym and do weight training regularly. Hovewer I am noticing that I am getting skinnier and losing weight. Weight training helps in adding muscle and gain weight. However it is becoming exactly opposite for me. What to do?
I am 29 years old, How can I improve my health. On terms of juices, fruits and etc. Kindly suggest me.
I was fat I wanted to lose my weight , my friend told me many methods for this and I do all methods for my health but all was Vail , now what should I do?
I am frustrated with Obesity from last 10 years now the condition is so severe I need help now now I am Obese I have used Many products for weight loss but alas no Results found Please Help.
How to reduce my weight. I work from morning 9.30 am to 10.00 pm in the night and dont get time to go to gym. I am 6 ft 2" and I weigh 95 kg. Ilot of fat around my belly.
I AM 62 YEARS OLD MALE, DIABETIC TYPE II PATIENT for last 18 years having present sugar level is 100-110/160-170. Taking following medicine on regular basis: ZANUMET 50/500 twice daily (before b/f.
My dad is 47 years old he has snoring habit in sleep and he has very big belly how to reduce belly size.
Obesity is the condition of being fat or overweight. Being obese poses a lot of difficulty for an individual in his/her daily life. Apart from heightened health conditions, being obese can lead to a lack of mobility, excessive eating, and lower self-esteem. Obesity is mostly caused due to the presence of fats in the body. Lack of physical activities and excessive fat in your diet are found to be the leading causes of obesity.
What are visible and invisible facts actually?
Weight gain happens when the number of calories consumed exceeds the number of calories burnt. Fats contain a huge amount of calories and although reducing the intake of visible fats is possible, avoiding invisible fats could be a challenge. Visible fats are the ones which one is able to see in foods such as margarine, butter, cooking oils, steaks, bacon and other such. On the other hand, invisible or hidden fats are those which are not visible, but present in a wide variety of foods. Mono and poly-saturated fats present in nuts, seeds, cheese, chocolates, hamburgers, French fries are some common examples of hidden or invisible fats.
How visible and invisible fats affect your health?
The presence of fats makes it possible for various culinary functions to occur. For example, the preparation of cakes requires fats which make it soft and light. Similarly, adding fats during the process of cooking tenderizes foods and also improve its appearance. When consumed, fats provide the necessary energy to the body and help in the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Limiting the intake of both visible and invisible fats is very crucial as it can prevent serious health issues in the long run. Apart from obesity, excessive fats can lead to diabetes, heart diseases, and stroke. Selecting low-fat foods or cooking food with little fats can help in reducing their intake. A conscious person should read food labels and choose foods with low calories.
In conclusion, visible fats are easy to spot and avoid, but invisible fats are not. So, one may be at an increased risk of obesity from hidden fats.
Related Tip: 5 Practical Ways to Prevent Obesity in Children