Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. BijiliYour feedback matters!
How to have a glowing and charming skin like models. And how to get healthy. I am as thin as a stick. So how to acquire fats.?
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
I want to get slim and I want to loose my weight upto 10 kg in 1.5 months because I will get married in January.
I am going to gym daily. Does taking protein and vitamin supplements are good for health. Do they have any side effects later on.
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.
I am under weight. What should I do? Its the issue regarding physical development only. And I don't have any health issues like allergies and all.
I had 2times abortion? After abortion, Now my body also very fat and my skin also scratch, doctors said no relationship till three months, I already followed, there is chance to become pregnant again?
My age is 22. My weight around 40. My friends suggesting to go gym to improve weight. Is this good to go to gym? If there any other reasons to improve weight.
When pancreas fails to produce insulin. It causes high sugar level in blood.
When cells of the body. Not responding to insulin, properly being unable absorb glucose from blood, again sugar level increased in blood.
When above both the conditions continue over prolonged period, this condition is known diabetes.
Some times pregnant women, having no history of
Diabetes develop high blood sugar, this condition is known as'gestational- diabetes'
High sugar level in blood continues over a prolonged period, following symptoms are produced
# frequent urination
# increased thirst
# increased hunger
# darkness before eyes etc
# cardiovascular diseases
# kidney complication
# foot ulcer.
# damage of eyes, etc
Vit -c: is a strong antioxidant which fights free radicals.
Diabetics have 30% lower
Vit'c' as compared to non diabetics.(citrus fruits, fresh veg. Peppe, etc.)
Vit'e' & a: protect eyes.(oil-seeds, nuts)
Alpha lipoic acid, helps tissues to absorb glucose from blood
(orange, papaya, tomato etc)
Care & precautions:
# healthy life-style b adopted
# stress level b minimised.
# meditation, swimming, walking, aerobics b opted
# green leafy veg. Fresh fruits.
# diet rich in vit'e)
#spicy food, coffee, tea etc.
# loose cotton clothes b worn.
# no hot water bath b taken before sleep.
Anti oxidants for diabetics:
Orange/fish/grapes/carrots/green leaffy veg/ milk
Diabetes is a disease to be managed
Homoeopathy can take care of it, properly.