Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Tara MuraliYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am eating heavy non-veg food in my day to day life. I can't stop this and this my body grown fatter and fatter. What should I do?
Sit at the dinner table, and you'd find yourself invariably extending your hand to the glass of water on the side of your plate. While you may think it's absolutely necessary to have a glass of water during your meals, the truth is this habit of yours might be damaging your health. Read on to find out how.
1. It Dilutes your Gastric Juices - When the digestive acids (acids responsible for the digestion and breakdown of food as well as for killing infectious agents ingested with food) present in your stomach are diluted with water, they bring about a slowdown in the functioning of your entire digestive system. This slowdown results in food remaining lodged in your stomach for a longer period than normal, thereby causing indigestion.
Additionally, the reaction caused by the dilution of water and stomach acids can give rise to cramps in your tummy.
2. It Reduces the Saliva in your Mouth - The same thing that happens to the acids in your stomach, happens to your saliva as well. Water dilutes the saliva, which stops the breakdown of food in your mouth. Also, your saliva is responsible for stimulating your stomach to release digestive enzymes and prepare itself for the process of digestion. By drinking water with your meals, such signals sent by your saliva to your stomach become much weaker. All these together can make digestion very difficult.
3. It Causes Acidity - Studies show that drinking water with your meals not only leads to the dilution of digestive enzymes, but also brings about a reduction in the secretion of digestive enzymes. This causes the undigested food in your stomach to leak into the lower part of your oesophagus (food pipe), causing acidity and heart burn.
4. It increases insulin Production - Sipping on water in the middle of lunch (or any other meal for that matter) causes a spike in your insulin levels just as glycaemic foods (foods with high starch or sugar content such as honey, potatoes, white bread, rice to name a few) would. When your body is unable to digest food properly, it usually tends to convert the glucose filled part of that food into fat and stores it, reason why your blood sugar levels see an upsurge.
5. It Adds to your Weight - Since drinking water causes an increase in insulin levels in your body (as the food you eat is converted to fat), it can result in the piling of extra weight on your body. This is because a weak digestive system is one of the major causes behind obesity.
Try having your meals with less salt and drink water 30 minutes before each meal to control your thirst when you're eating. This can help you in controlling the negative effects that drinking water with your meals can have on your health.
Make a wise choice and stay healthy. Feel free to ask me more questions you might have.
Hi my self shruthi, I am 83 kg, I hv gained weight after my delivery, my baby is now 2 years 6mon ,I want to loose weight, pls can any one help me, im fed up .
Everyone wants to work out but is unable to find time to put in the effort. Exercise, first thing in the day can fresh you up but late afternoon to early evening is the best time to exercise, because our body in general and our muscles and lungs in particular are working at their most optimal performance during this period.
Tips for better workout
Working out at any point in a day is much better than not exercising at all. This is why you should not feel anxious in rescheduling a work out to late evening while ensuring a completion of your daily responsibilities.
In order to provide the body adequate time to cool you should finish working out 3 hours before sleeping.
Body temperature increases after a good work out session and having a bath for only about 3-4 minutes after a session can lower your body temperature significantly.
Abrupt changes in temperature are not good for health therefore, do not jump into your car or head straight to the shower in case you are feeling hot after a workout. Cooling down slowly after the work out can be much more beneficial.
Though you can work out before bed, it would be much better if you do not use your own bedroom for the purpose of exercising.
If you are working out before bed, take a deep and long breath once you have finished. This can help you in sleeping properly. Meditation can also support the same phenomenon because it lowers the level of adrenaline in the body.
I want to grow my weight and body muscle. Recently I joined a gym. So which kind of food will be good to make a good result?
Hi I am little bulky. Been trying gym but can not work hard on it and also I walk daily for 45 minutes but bec my metabolism is strong whatever I eat I digest that so can I opt for dieting. Just wana reduce weight as soon as possible as I am 100 kg in weight.
I have diabetes since past 9 years. My age is 59 years. I need to have better control of it. Kindly suggest workable points that can bring down diabetes to effective long term control.
I am 22years old girl, I want to reduce by weight, my weight is 85 kg, I want it to75, I am verybusyso not much tym to workout, I come home at9 from office, I want to reduce my weight within 1.5 months, specifically from waist and thighs, please suggest me some medicines and home remedies to reduce my weight. And wit no side effects.
I am 18 years old I am very thin, my weight is around 48 kgs and height 5.4. Should I take a medicine for intestinal deworming? If yes then Can you suggest some medicine for worms?
I have gained a lot of weight. And I have to attend a wedding in a month. How can I lose 5 to 10 kgs in a month and look fit with losing yhe charm of my face. Since I am in hostel I have no place to exercise and since my exams are approaching I have no much time to spend exercising for hours. Please give some suggestions.
I am a male 29 years height is 5.9 but I have more stomach my weight is 98 kg how to reduce my weight with low 75 kg with in a short spam -2 months. Pls advise me.
I want to loose my weight my body is so much fatty I also tried dite foods for few weeks but there is no result there is no tharied in my body and not any other allergy please help me tell me some best medicine homeopath or alopath.
Which oil to cook with for good heart health. Some say safola. But the truth is all big brands use palm oil and mix Sun flower oil and refine it and sell in market. Olive oil people say that if we heat olive oil in a pan and coll food then it will become poison as heat or burning olive oil makes it poison. Please suggest and what about rice bran oil.PLease tell.
Dear Doctor, I am 47 years old male. My oh vitamin-d report readings are 6.04 ng/ml, this test advised by our physician as last few days my legs are slightly swelling and little painful at ankles. He prescribed Arachitol injections weekly once, shall I start take? And also prescribed to take Tab Calcimax Forte for 1 month. I am a thyroid patient last 15 years taking Electroxis Tab 125mcg - present readings TSH 1.76 / T3 61.
I am 45 years old female. My weight is 82 kgs. From last one year I am observing that my tummy is increasing in size very much. And sometimes I get severe stomachache and frequent urine infection. I did usg but report is normal. Please suggest something.
Here are 4 easiest tips for better digestion -
1. Eat slow, chew well - When you gobble food without chewing, there is no time for the salivary juice to act on the food in the mouth. This puts a greater load on the digestive process in the stomach. Taking enough time to chew ensures good digestion.
2. Munch on Fennel - Fennel seeds (Saunf) are not just mouth fresheners. When chewed after a meal, these ensure better digestion. They can be boiled with a glass of water which soothes irritation in the stomach and intestine.
3. Include Fiber - If you have a tendency for constipation, you might suffer from a sluggish feeling, gas and bloating. It is important to increase the fiber in your diet. Bananas and green leafy vegetables are good sources of fiber. GO GREEN. GO VEG.
4. Get meal timings right - Don’t skip breakfast! If you directly go for lunch, it causes too big a gap between meals and leads to gastric irritation, heartburn and acidity. Have smaller meals at more frequent intervals with a breakfast compulsorily every morning. Also, have dinner at least two hours before going to bed, it helps good digestion.
When faced with indigestion, try one or more of these if despite adopting these measures, you find the problem persists, it is vital you see a doctor.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.