Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am doing swimming and gyming everyday so as to follow my schedule as I have quit alcohol from 2 months. Well yesterday a man told me if I am doing gym, I am increasing or expanding my muscles and also if your swimming then I tend to lose those muscles which I have gained from gym. I am confused I am not overweight I am average 22 year old 72kgs and I do swimming because of fun and I have belly as I used to drink a lot at the same time I have face puffiness what should I do? do I discontinue swimming?
I am facing always stomach related problem. I had not take much food but my weight is continuously increasing. And gastric problem also. Please do suggest me any medicine or suggestion.
I am male 57 years weigh 80 kgs height 173cms Diabetic 2 since I year taking glyciphage SR 500! tab morning and 1/2 in evening Sugar PP level 186 what to do.
I am 31 year old girl. I want to reduce my weight. It seems hard to loose the weight. Please suggest some easy and fast ways to reduce my weight.
Feeling weakness and sleepy always. And also stool become harder having pain also when defection. please suggest what I should prefer for diet. And which medicine I should continue.
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years my weight has gone up from 75 to 85 kgs. I want to loose weight. Please help.
He have been suffering from walking and speaking problem since he was born. He can't walk like general once can walk (he can walk like a pressure on one leg actually right side arm and leg are perfect). And he also can't speak clearly as we speak. All the basic medicines he had taken like polio and all. What should he do?
I am not able to lose my fat I have done each and everything but still I am not able to lose my fat. What should I do now doctor?
Vitamin D deficiency prevails in epidemic proportions all over the Indian subcontinent, with a prevalence of at least 50%-70% in the general population. So, many of us might be Vitamin D deficient without knowing it.
Why we need Vitamin D:
Our body needs Vitamin D to absorb calcium. Hence, Calcium supplements are generally given with Vitamin D (Vitamin D3, Cholecalciferol).
Vitamin D deficiency can cause bone problems (osteoporosis), heart disease, diabetes and even increase risk of cancer.
The recommended form of Vitamin D as a supplement is Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol). Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) is much more effective than its other form, Vitamin D2 (Calciferol).
Sources of Vitamin D:
Adequate exposure to sunlight. Although it is difficult to go out in the scorching summer heat, do try to get some sun exposure daily.
Food: Milk fortified with Vitamin D, salmon, tofu, tuna, fish oils, egg yolks, mushrooms and fortified cereals.
Things to keep in mind:
You don’t need to tan or to burn your skin in order to get the Vitamin D you need.
People with dark skin pigmentation may need significantly more sunlight exposure than fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of Vitamin D.
I am taking encorate chrono 500mg daily one tab at night from last 8 years. Is their any sid effect with this long time using ?
Sir/madam, I was not so fat in past but nowadays I become fat and I also have thyroid. please advice to reduce some.?
Hello Mam, I am 25 year old male, my weight is 52 kg, and height 165 inc, I am very skinny I want to increase my weight and mussels. So kindly suggest me a proper diet. Thank you.
Health problems caused by not drinking enough water
Our body is made up of almost 70% water and while we can live without food for a few days at least, it is important to replenish your water needs every day. If you miss drinking enough water even for a day, you will notice a change. And the ill effects of not drinking enough water can be severe and should not be taken lightly.
You might have to face these 5 health problems if you are not drinking enough water:
- Constipation: If your body is not getting enough water, it will not be able to digest well because our bodies need right amount of liquid to process the foods we eat. When the stomach is constipated, digestive juices are secreted in lesser quantity, thus leading to other digestive disorders.
- Weight gain: Many a times, we eat or feel hungry just a while after eating. This is not really hunger and actually means that the body needs water. A dehydrated body often sends misleading signals which is misinterpreted as hunger and we end up gaining unnecessary weight.
- Cholesterol and changes in blood pressure: When we don't drink enough water, the water reserve in the body gets used up resulting in there not being enough for the capillaries, veins and arteries. This results in blood pressure going high and/or low. Similarly, the cells of the body get dehydrated and in an attempt to stop this, the body starts producing cholesterol more than what's required.
- Dryness of the skin and other problems: Apart from through urine, our body also loses water in the form of sweat. This needs to be replenished or the skin starts becoming dry, lips are chapped and we even experience an increase in hair fall. Not drinking enough water also leads to premature aging and graying.
- Infections: It is important to urinate frequently because through urine, our body releases toxins which are not needed for the body. If you don't drink enough water, you won't urinate enough and might end up with problems like UTI and cystitis.