Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Swathi SreekantYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I want to loose weight n grow my hair long and thick. Please suggest me some tips.
Every single day I feel weakness in my body. Aslo I have deficiency of lots of nutrients. What I have to do ?
My wife looking so fat I take her some medicine but no any benefit looking what I do for my wife fats lose please give me any solution for it?
I am 22 yrs old. I am very thin and I don't feel hungry. Every time I feel tensed. Recently I met with accident and one mark has come on my face. What to do?
How much could be harmful if the gap in one teeth remain and how can we loose the weight without running?
I want to gain the weight .ciplactin and dexona tablets used for weight gain .this tablets have side effects on body.
Meri maasi ki age approx 40 years h.n unke 2 childrens h ,they both r boy. 1 boy 8-9 years ka h, n dusra 5-6 saal ka. Unhone Dr. Se check up kraya to Dr. Ne severe osteoporosis likha h.n LSCS Surgery v likha h.bt mujhe in dono ka connection smjh nhi aa rha. N LSCS qa h ,q likha gya h inke case me. Ye pregnant v nhi h.n na hi 3rd child k liye try kr rhi h.kindly explain me in easy words.
I am 50 years old active person want to reduce fat from only tummy & want to fit & active long life.Please do help.
Hello Doc, I want to put my weight on, I do not take breakfast on time cos I can't eat unless I hungry, I feel hungry around 2 pm. please tell dandruff problem solution also thanks.
I am staying alone and I do not know cooking. So I am eating outside. And when I went to gym. After someday I feel very weak. Now I want to flatten my tommy and I am a vegetarian also. What I can eat as I do not feel weak in gym?
I am 20 years old my hight is about to 6fit but my weight is not according to my age and height only 52kg. please reply how can I gain weight?
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.