Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Mrs. Swathi Sreekant
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Swathi SreekantYour feedback matters!
Hi I just need some feedback. How much I am burning in terms of calories by walking 5 km everyday at speed of 6 km an hour and is it enough burning of calories for person whose weight and height is 90 kg with 5f8 inch. Also do some light exercise.Please suggest something for weight loss.
Foods to avoid in case of acidity:
Spicy foods and thick curry or gravy containing red chilly.
Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruit as they are high in acid.
Full fat dairy products such as sour cream, cheese or ice cream.
Coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks.
Peas, beans, broccoli and cabbage.
Tomatoes and onions.
Raw salad vegetables like onion, radish, cabbage, and peppers.
Carbonated beverage which stimulate the stomach and irritate the esophagus.
Diet modifications advised for acidity and dates, figs, apple, papaya and pomegranate can be added to the diet.
Carrot leaves, celery leaves and curry leaves are helpful in controlling acidity. Vegetables like carrot and beet root are good for relieving acidity.
Spices like cumin seeds, coriander and cardamom should be taken.
Include barley, jowar and wheat in food.
A glass of cold milk is also helpful.
Almonds are also a good remedy for relieving heartburn and acidity.
Take some mint leavesand chop these, then boil in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals.
Eating bananas is also helpful in preventing the symptoms of acidity. Basil (tulsi) leaves help to get relief from burning, nausea and gas.
Eating cucumber or watermelon is useful to fight against acidity.
Ginger is useful for digestive disorders.
Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily.
Drink 1-2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning relieves from acidity.
Should not lie down soon after having meal.
Eat small meals in small intervals based on whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals and proteins such as chicken breast and eggs.
For obese Americans who are low on vitamin D, taking a supplement of the nutrient might help them lose weight, a new study suggests.
According to an Italian team, led by Luisella Vigna of the University of Milan, prior research has shown that vitamin D deficiency is associated with a higher risk of obesity and obesity-related complications.
However, studies on the use of vitamin D supplements to curb obesity have so far been inconclusive, the team said.
The new study included 400 overweight and obese people with vitamin D deficiency who were put on a low-calorie diet and then divided into three groups. One group took no vitamin D supplements, while the two other groups took either 25,000 international units (IU) or 100,000 IU of vitamin D per month.
After six months, participants in both vitamin D supplementation groups had lost more weight and had greater reductions in their waistlines than those who hadn?t taken the supplements, Vigna?s team said.
The study was to be presented Thursday at the European Congress on Obesity. Experts note that studies presented at medical meetings are typically considered preliminary until published in a peer-reviewed journal.
?The present data indicate that in obese and overweight people with vitamin D deficiency, vitamin D supplementation aids weight loss and enhances the beneficial effects of a reduced-calorie diet,? Vigna?s team wrote. The researchers suggest that all overweight and obese people should have their vitamin D levels tested.
Previous studies have suggested that about 40 percent of North American adults are vitamin D-deficient, according to the study.
Two experts in the United States said the findings might have merit for some.
My age is 21 and I'm so skinny and my body weight is between 45- 50 can suggest the best way to put on weight.
It is often said that 75% of fitness and overall health comes from the diet a person maintains. ‘You are what you eat’ is something quite true. There are so many people who put in such a large amount of effort while exercising, but a lack of prudence, when it comes to their diet, happens to be their undoing. So, let’s get some ideas on how to eat healthy food and lose weight without much effort.
- Lemon love: One of the small but meaningful improvements that a person may bring in his or her diet is the inclusion of lemons. It may seem simple, but to increase metabolism of the body and to detoxify your liver, it is pretty important to have lime water regularly. All you need to do is squeeze a few lemons in three litres of water, and drink it on a daily basis.
- Read the fine print: Spending a little time making sure the food that you eat is what it seems is something which can pay massive dividends. So, when out shopping, it makes a lot of sense to look at the table on the box, which features the nutritional information, rather than taking the label on the front at face value. You never know, the food that is marketed to be ‘diet food’ need not necessarily be as healthy as it is made out to be. Quite contradictory, isn’t it?
- Splurge on salads: Many people happen to associate weight loss with salads and there is a good reason for them doing this. As a matter of fact, if a big lunch is replaced with a salad, there are multiple easy benefits such as low calorie content, high fibre intake etc. In order to make the salad tasty, there is a range of things which can be added to it. For example, nuts and avocado, both of which have health benefits. What can be better when taste and health are being added in one fell swoop?
- Make friends with green tea: Green tea is considered one of the best drinks that helps in accelerating your metabolism. Research shows having four cups of green tea every day will help you lose weight up to almost 2.7 kgs within 2 months. Therefore, if you want to lose weight effectively, say goodbye to your hot cup of coffee today and shake hands with green tea.
- Control your cravings: Avoiding binge eating is crucial in order to stay healthy. After all, who wants all the effort and care put into exercise and correct eating to be wasted, just because of a temporary departure from rationality? Well, as long as a person eats at regular times and does not allow too much of a gap between meals, this should not be a problem.
In short, a person does not have to make very radical changes or alteration to the diet he or she is on in order to be able to enjoy a good health.