Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Is there is any problem when we eat fish curry after drinking soda or after eating mentos? What is the problem? Why it is happening? What is the way to escape?
A human body needs daily physical exercise due to my job shift timings I have only time to do exercise at one AM. What I feel something is better than nothing. Is i am correct doing exercise at night. Please advice
E- eat right food
A - eat right amount of food
T- eat right food in right amount on right time
What is right food:
- Always choose easy preparations: those food items cooked easily are healthier, contain more nutrition and easy to digest.
- Avoid deep fried extra oily food: generally deep fried over cooked foods causes acidity and a gastric problem which lead to indigestion and, later on, weight gain due to the improper digestive system.
- Add colors to your diet: use color full vegetables, and eat different color fruits, it will provide phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are natural compounds found in plant foods such as vegetables, fruit, whole grain products and legumes. These plant compounds have beneficial effects working with other essential nutrients to promote good health.
Divide your plate into four sections with dairy on the side to represent the five food groups:
What is right amount of food? (it means your portion size):
One easy way to size up portions if you don't have any measurements is to use your hand as a guide:
- A clenched fist is about a cup - and a cup is the amount experts recommend for a portion of pasta, rice, cereal, vegetables, and fruit.
- A meat portion should be about as big as your palm.
- Limit the amount of added fats (like butter, mayo, or salad dressing) to the size of the top of your thumb.
Fix meal timings, and try to stick to those timings. Maintain a proper gap between meals to get it digest well.
Your fantasies might have taken a backseat for the time- being or might have remained silenced for more than a while. The other processes of your usual life go on perfectly except for a few changes that you either consider as minute or you attribute them to any cause other than lowered libido. Failing libido can create hurdles in a man as well as a woman's life and thus should be treated at the earliest possible. Even if you don't care much about an impaired sex life; failing libido can bring about considerable changes in your overall health that can prove to be harmful in the long run.
The common causes of decreased libido can be listed as below:
- Terminal illnesses like cancer, diabetes and neurological disorders can hamper your sex drive.
- Acute exhaustion from performing at work, tending to a family or to a new born can rid you of all energy.
- An instance of sexual abuse in the past can result in lowered libido.
- A lousy lifestyle where you either smoke or drink regularly can prevent you from experiencing sexual desires.
- Irregular sleep patterns can be a contributing factor as well.
- In males testosterone levels may sharply drop due to aging. However, in females estrogen levels may drop after surgeries pertaining to the vaginal tract, after menopause or after childbirth and subsequent breast- feeding.
Ways to deal with your failing libido:
- Take Bupropion to help your case: Dopamine and norepinephrine are two basic hormones particularly necessary for a good sex drive. The consumption of Bupropion is capable of inducing the secretion of these two hormones.
- Try Eating a Mediterranean diet: A Mediterranean diet is perhaps the most reliable solution for a majority of diseases that plague men and women of modern times. This diet is known to treat failing libido in elderly people as well. A Mediterranean diet requires you to eat lots of vegetables and olive oil, while protein should be consumed in limited portions.
- Meditate on a Daily Basis: Meditation concentrates your complete energy on the well- being of your mind and body. It helps you to be conscious and aware of the sensations you feel or may feel. When continued over a long stretch of time, it can restore your interest in sexual activities.
- Make significant efforts to change your lifestyle: If you have an erratic lifestyle, sexual dysfunction is almost inevitable. You need to follow a routine to prohibit your libido from failing you.
I am 57 years old teeth is paining I can't eat & talk properly my lips become cross I am diabetic past 12 years.
I have 84 kg even eating low calories diet but my wait was almost same from last six months. Pls advice how to reduce weight.
I'm 25 years old. (Female). I'm 62 kg. I have tummy fat very badly. I wanna lose my weight. What should I do?
Walking has been considered the most easy form of exercise. An average person walks about 3000-4000 steps in a day but it would be really good for your health if you can increase the number of steps up to 10,000, that’s is what every doctor advices people who want to stay active and fit.
Here’s the plethora of health benefits if you are able to walk 10,000 steps in a day.
1. You burn as much as 400 calories by walking 10,000 steps in a day
2. Helps prevent brain-shrinkage
3. Prevents osteoporosis
4. Boosts vitamin D level by exposure to sunlight
5. Tones up your muscles, legs and arms
6. Keeps your heart healthy and strengthens it
7. Keeps us mentally and physically strong
8. Reduces risk of stroke, diabetes and cancer
9. Reduces risk of early death by 30%
10. It makes your immunity grow stronger
11. It lowers disease-risk drastically
12. More beneficial for those who want to reduce weight
13. It is a good substitute for exercise
14. It helps in keeping your memory sharp
15. Increases your stamina of walking thereby increasing stamina required for physical work
16. Keeps your energy level high
17. Keeps you happy and healthy
18. It improves blood circulation
19. It lightens up your mood
20. Walking 10,000 steps also improves your sleep
You do get more or less similar benefit if do a 30-minute walk daily but walking 10,000 steps in a day is the best! As far as counting 10,000 steps is concerned various mobile apps and devices can be helpful.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
We might be surprised to know that unknowingly we are consuming 5 white poisons in our daily meal. Forget getting nutrients from these items, we end up troubling our health by consuming these food items which are not at all good for our health and increase risk of developing diseases like cancer, hypertension, bone health issues and diabetes.
Pasteurized cow milk: the process of pasteurization keeps the milk good for a longer period, but harms its nutritive value. It removes enzymes, vitamin a, b 12 and c from the milk. The process also transfers hormones and antibiotics into the milk. Pasteurization destroys beneficial bacteria found in raw cow milk. It kills the natural enzymes and destroys all its phosphatase, which is essential for calcium absorption. Calcium works with vitamin d, which is vital to the growth and health of children as well as improving immune system. Considering all these facts, we should avoid consuming pasteurized cow milk.
White or refined rice: the process of refining rice leads to the removal of the outer layer and germ from it. The rice is left with endosperm, only. This layer contains starch in a huge quantity, which can increase your blood sugar or glucose levels to a great extent.
Refined sugar: sugar contains a lot of calories, with no essential nutrients & because of that it is considered as part of ‘empty’ calories. It can have harmful effects on metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases like cancer, type 2 diabetes, overweight/obesity, liver diseases. Before sugar enters the bloodstream from the digestive tract, it is broken down into two simple sugars: glucose and fructose. For people who are inactive, large amounts of fructose from added sugars get turned into fat in the liver. Because of the harmful effects of sugar on the function of insulin, it leads to type ii diabetes. Recommended intake: worldwide, it is recommended that men can have 9 teaspoons of sugar per day and women can have 6 teaspoons of sugar per day. However, considering the tendency of Indians towards sugar intolerance and diabetes, it is recommended not to go beyond 5 teaspoons of added sugar per day which includes sugar available in cookies, fruit juices etc.
Refined salt: salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body increases your blood pressure. More salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure will be. In India 1 in 3 adult are affected by high bp and majority of them are not aware of it. Therefore, it is recommended to follow low-salt diet. Normal table salt contains iodine, which is needed for a healthy body. But refining of salt removes iodine from the salt. Fluorides are added during the process of refining which is bad when consumed in excess. Recommended intake: aim to consume less than 1500 mg of sodium per day and definitely it should not go beyond 2300 mg per day. 1500 mg sodium is equivalent to 0.75 teaspoon of salt per day.
White flour (maida): known as ‘white poison’, white flour is becoming necessity for all of us but it impacts our health drastically. Use of maida & its products usage is increasing rapidly in our day-to-day life. Sometimes, we are consuming it in form of bread at our home and sometimes, in the market/food joints in form of fast foods. During processing of maida from wheat, endosperm of the wheat is removed from the germ (wheat germ) and the bran (wheat bran), which is very crucial for digestion. As all necessary nutrients are lost during processing of maida, foods made from it utilize nutrients from the body for absorption. As a result, our body gets depleted of vitamins and minerals. Click here to read more about white flour.
In case of any nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).