Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Sushree JoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 51 year old, type -2 diabetic person for 5 years, loosing weight day by day .I take precaution for having healthy diet daily, and having some light meal after two hours. But my sugar does not control after precaution. I take medicine - diapride M2, & metformin daily trice time. Doctor warn me to have insulin in future. My body pain as I feel weakness, even pain in leg bone. I take calcium tab daily. My sugar is 200-300 after medicine. Pl suggest me as I am in depression.
I am a diabetic patient for five years. I have to take precaution about my diet. I am losing my weight day by day. I take many protein like paneer, egg, chicken vegetable, but no sign of good health pl give advise for weight gain. Is sago useful for diabetic patient.
Hi I am a vegetarian, I gain my weight up to 85 kg after post pregnancy. Due to which I am started having health issue, like low BP / shoulder pain / knee pain. I want to reduce 20 kg . I started evening walk for up to 35 min. Please advise what diet I need to follow, also what else I can do to reduce my belly fat and hip fat.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
1. Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
2. Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
3. Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
4. Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
5. Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
6. May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
1. Hormonal problems - This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
2. Dietary causes-This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
3. Underlying illnesses - Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
4. Mental health and Stress issues - People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
II. Mental health counseling
IV. Medications for bowel spasms
V. Medications for diarrhea or constipation
VI. Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
'Red wine is a ladies' drink'; if you are averse to alcohol, especially to its usual, piquant taste, you must have been suggested with the lightness of red wine by officious onlookers. That surely isn't a remote possibility when you are a lady and of age. Cautious introspection backed with years of medical or scientific research tells millions how wine, when consumed in moderation, helps improve a woman's physical health: the facet of mental health can be taken for granted as inebriation of most kinds results in mood elevation. It is therefore a ladies drink indeed.
While being perturbed about the health of your skin, the sagging cheek muscles, a double chin or wrinkles that start showing once women are in their thirties, you must have rarely conjured the image of a vineyard to relax and repair. A vineyard can actually be your key source to youthful skin. Take a look at the following points to believe the same:
- Red wine can act as an anti-aging intervention in case of both men and women. A glass of wine every day can keep a woman's skin young and taut while two glasses of the same drink can let a man enjoy the look of a young adult.
- Free radicals are active causes of aging. Red wine is rich in antioxidants and thus can do away with such radicals. Many use grapes and grape juice for a glowing skin. Grape juice is way less effective as compared to wine as the latter contains the seed and skin of the fruit during fermentation. The fruit as a whole has polyphenols such as resveratrol that can successfully counter free radicals.
- If you are a health freak and insist on going by a Mediterranean diet, wine is part of your regular diet. You will experience the benefits in a few weeks' time.
- When consumed in a measured and controlled manner, red wine can reduce a person's chances of contracting breast cancer. Wine sharpens your mind while you age; your cognitive faculties therefore do not rust.
- Red wine can make your skin glow from within, unlike any other wine, as white wines have only a little amount of antioxidants.
- Your skin feels young and rejuvenated on drinking red wine as the drink aids arterial functions of the body. Thus proper blood circulation is ensured.