Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. LaxmiYour feedback matters!
I am feeling very tired and my body is paining and very very cold I have so much fever what should ido my eyes are become red and I am having so much pain.
I am 29 year old female unmarried and my weight is increasing day by day. What should I do and how to control it.
I am Male, 22 years old. I don't feel much tired or weakness. I run 2 kms, exercise regularly. But my haemoglobin level came 10.7 in recent blood test. What can be be the reasons? What food items should I take to increase the haemoglobin level? Is it required to take any iron supplements for it?
I am now 16 and I did not gain the approx weight and height I have not usen any medicines for that please help me.
I am 5.10 inch tall & weight is 50 kg when I leave my hand free. My veins comes out which makes me feel awkward in school & everywhere! I want to gain weight.
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of ageing.
The food you eat affects your physical and mental health. In short, it powers your life. Thus, it is pretty clear that to have a perfect and healthy life, consumption of good and appropriate diet is a must. Without a well-balanced diet, you become prone to a number of diseases, leading to an unhappy and unfit life.
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~ Buddha
In order to lead a happy, successful and cheerful life, it is important to have a good health. Only a healthy person can think out of the box and do great work. Several researches have been conducted and all produced similar outputs that the first step to healthy life is a healthy diet plan.
Similar to your favorite racing car, which needs the right fuel and regular maintenance to stay ahead of others, your body too ask for right food and healthy habits like daily exercises and proper hygiene to work properly. Remember, adding the wrong fuel or not taking proper care of the car will affect the car?s power and performance adversely. In the same way, lack of healthy diet will weaken your body's immune.
The other major benefits of consuming a healthy diet are:
? It controls your body weight
? It improves your mood
? It keeps you fresh and active
? It boosts your energy level
? It combats minor and major diseases
?and the list continues. In short, it is clear that having a healthy diet is something you cannot escape from. Now, you must be thinking what to add and what not to maintain an appropriate diet plan. Well, the answer to this question is listed in the essential tips given below:
1. Minimize the amount of saturated and Trans fats: If you are looking for a healthy diet, make sure to cut down on the intake of saturated fats and say a ?no? to the trans fats. The reason being, both enhance the level of cholesterol, which further leads to heart attack and stroke. Therefore, you should:
? Stop consuming the high levels of saturated fats like potato chips and other packaged cookies.
? Reduce solid fats from your diet like butter, margarine and many others.
? Become a label-savvy. Do keep a check on the food labels of the prepared foods available in the market.
? Be a smart buyer and bring home rich food items such as fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, and seeds.
2. Add fiber-rich foods to foster heart health: The main role of fiber is to prevent heart disease. Along this, it lowers both blood pressure and cholesterol. Therefore, it is necessary to have fiber rich food in your diet. Basically, there are two varieties of fiber:
? Insoluble: For this, add wheat cereals, whole grains, and vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc. to your diet.
? Soluble: Having food items such as beans, nuts, barley, oatmeal, and fruits (apples, citrus fruits, berries, and pears) increase the level of soluble fibers in your body.
3. Control portion size and weight: It has been found that the heart of an over weighing person needs to work harder, which further leads to high blood pressure. Hence, in order to maintain your blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart diseases, it is important to achieve a healthy body weight. For this, reduction in the portion sizes can benefit you significantly. Although, you need a professional guidance, yet to start with, the following tactics can help you to control your portion sizes:
? Diverse serving sizes- It incorporates serving a specific amount of food, i.e. with proper measurements. It can be in cups, ounces, spoons or pieces and it differs for every food item. For example, the recommended size for pasta is � cup and similarly, for meat, fish, or chicken, it is 2 to 3 ounces
? Beware of the restaurant food : Whenever you go outside to have something, you need to be more careful. The reason is that the portions served in the restaurants are generally more than anyone needs. So, if you want to go, make sure you order an appetizer rather than an entr�e, share the entr�e with your friend, or just get the leftover food for your next day meal.
Next time you want to eat something, just remember it is healthy diet, which offer better control over the quality and length of your life! If you need more tips to stay fit and healthy you can consult Dt. Madhu Sharma.
I m 21 year old girl. My breast size is very big. How can I reduce that. please give me the solution.
Paining leg and hand what is the exercise for fit for mi how it can do what its side effect mi tell mi about that.
I'm 98 kgs weight and 178 cms height. Undergone laminectomy and discetomy operation for L4 and L5 twice. Suggest to weight loss.
My age is 21. And my hight is 6 fit. And my weight is 63. I'll try everything for weight gain. But I failed. So pls suggest me how can I gain my weight.
My weight is 55 kg and I have a diabetes and I want to gain weight by doing gym. Is it safe in diabetes to do gym. And gain weight.
I have dullness in body at 18yrs of age no proper sexual stimulation no appetite and no proper blood circulation please advice me.
Make diwali healthier: try these 6 healthy desserts!
Diwali is an ancient indian festival and the most awaited one at that. Be it bursting crackers, meeting relatives or savoring mouth-watering sweets, everyone has a special reason to make merry during diwali every state of india celebrates this festival of lights with its own special dessert recipes. In an attempt to avoid overindulgence, here are some healthy sweets and desserts that you can try this festive season:
1. Sesame seeds laddoo
- for a change, you can avoid the boondi laddoos this diwali and instead opt for sesame which is a rich source of calcium and magnesium.
- this laddoo is prepared by dry roasting the sesame seeds and then grinding them to a powdery texture along with sugar and cardamom powder.
- you can replace sugar with jaggery which is a healthier option too. Add roasted peanut chunks to the laddoos for a crunchy twist.
2. Pumpkin delight
- forget the calorie-rich kheer and choose pumpkin this season to add the extra fibre and goodness of vitamin a to your pumpkin payasam.
- you can make this dessert using all healthy ingredients like mashed pumpkin, milk, sago, cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron.
3. Ragi treat
- why not embrace ragi as your favorite cereal and make some mouth-watering delicacy out of it.
- ragi or finger millet is known for its high protein and mineral content.
- combine ragi with the grand flavors of saffron and cardamom, roasted peanuts and dried coconut and you can make some healthy and delicious barfi.
- add jaggery for the sweetness. You can easily replace the usual high calorie kaju barfis with this delicious treat.
4. Coconut macaroons
- some delicious macaroons can be baked with the healthiest ingredients like coconut, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to taste and absolutely no oil content.
- once out of the oven, they have a hard texture and equally chewy feel from the inside.
- they make the best choice for an evening snack and are filled with goodness of coconut which help in digestion and also add a glow to your skin.
5. Date laddoos
dates (khajoor) are known for their iron content. Try to rope in the vitamins and minerals of dates to use them for ladoos instead of using besan (gram flour).
- in this recipe, dates are mashed till soft, heated in a pan with little coconut oil and then sesame powder is added to them while kneading them into a dough.
- add pieces of roasted cashew and cardamom powder to the kneaded dough for the flavor. When ready, roll them over sesame seeds for both the look and the taste.
- this is yet another treat for your sweet tooth without the harmful effects of either sugar or ghee (clarified butter)
6. Oats barfi
- when it comes to health, none can forget the ubiquitous oats. From breakfast to snacks, oats are the perfect choice for the health freak.
- this diwali make your favorite barfi with oats, anjeer (fig), dates, pistachios and flax seeds.
- use a little coconut oil in a pan and heat the mashed dates and coarsely ground roasted oats.
- add the other ingredients with a pinch of saffron and spread the dough it out in a flat dish.
- cut them into sizes you love and relish them with family.
Enjoy this diwali with your favorite sweets but without the sense of guilt with these exotic yet healthy recipes. Happy diwali!