Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Laxmi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. LaxmiYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old woman, I am unable to get pregnancy, my gynecologist told me that I have blockage in both fallopian tubes. Pls tell me there is chance of getting pregnant or not, and if yes thn what is the correct procedure nd what is the percentage of pregnancy.
From several days my weight is loosing and am feeling too much weakness. Can you suggest me some diet to boost energy and my health and stamina. And am veg.
As a matter of fact, don’t push hard to avoid a craving. When your brain is giving signal that you must eat something, you should not avoid it. However, when your aim is to reduce fat, then such a craving has to be worked upon, esp. when it’s just a craving and you are not actually hungry. There are ways to achieve this.
1. Reduce stress: Stress reduction is important when you intend to reduce body fat because it has been observed that you tend to eat more and have more cravings when you are under stress. To reduce stress in your life, try regular exercising and walking.
2. Distract yourself: Whenever you get cravings, try to distract yourself so that you don’t think about eating at odd times. Go for a walk, play with your pet or engage in something that you love doing. Listening to your favourite music is one good distraction that can completely make you forget food craving keeping you away from food. Also, it will make your mood lighter.
3. Eat less but not less than your usual diet: While trying to avoid craving and reducing fat, you shouldn’t forget to take normal diet. Because lack of proper diet will make you weak which might reduce fat but will have negative effect on your health too! So, don’t forget to take balanced diet.
4. Work on controlling portions: When you are trying to avoid craving, you should also cut down on consuming more fatty food. What you need to concentrate is on avoiding craving but when it comes to your normal diet, you should take controlled portions of fatty food.
5. Get a sound sleep: Having a sound sleep will keep your eating habits in control. So make sure you sleep well so that it doesn’t disturb your eating habits.
6. Increase water intake: Take as much water as you can take because water leads to fat loss. So, when you are trying to avoid craving, drinking a glass or two of water can also be helpful in achieving your goal.
7. Take yourself away from the food: If you are living alone this is easiest. Just don't buy it! Don't carry spare cash for snacking when out, and don't even look at the section in the supermarket. This makes it so much easier. If you live with other people, just don't be around them when they start to eat tempting food. Easy!
8. Eat alternative food: You can even carry around alternatives to help if you get a craving. A low sugar free alternative is almonds and walnuts ! Not only does it provide satiety but it can keep you preoccupied for hours. An apple is also handy to munch on to keep you busy - even better!
9. A healthy breakfast every morning: The food you eat in the morning will most likely be burned off by the end of the day, so eat a breakfast like a king..lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Include protein, complex carbohydrate unsaturated fats,vitamins and minerals in your breakfast so that you don't get as hungry later in the day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
Hi. I'm suffering with body fat. I'm college student. I live in hostel. Due to that I'm unable to get proper diet and exercise. My height is 173 cm and weight is 76 kg. Please help me to get rid of fat. Suggest me some workouts and proper diet. If you get any problem about my query ask me. Thank you.
1 missing breakfast.
2 over eating.
4 high sugar consumption.
5 more sleeping specially at morning.
6 eating meal while watching tv or computer.
7 wearing cap / scarf or socks while sleeping.
8 more brain usage during sickness.
9. Over speaking.
10habit of blocking /stoping urine.
Hello, my mother is a diabetic patient and she is suffering since last 25 years and now she is having nerve pain severely from last two or three years. So can you help me out what to do or suggest any treatment from which she got relief ?
Over the past decade, many women have opted for Breast Augmentation Surgery. It is a surgical process to improve the aesthetics of one's breast. Apart from giving a much needed lift to the bust size, the augmented breasts can lift up your confidence. Breast Augmentation Surgery, if gone wrong, can create a havoc. The outcome of the surgery can be influenced by a number of factors. Thus, before going under the knife, some important and vital points need to be taken care of.
- It is advisable to avail the services of an experienced surgeon, who has a higher success rate. A lot of confusions and apprehensions may arise during course of the surgery. An experienced surgeon will ease out the tension to a great extend and guide you better.
- Breast Augmentation is no child's play. Do not embark on breast augmentation surgery if you are below 18 years of age. It can result in serious health complications. Surgery can wait, but health once lost, will be gone forever.
- Know the type of implants to be used. Saline and Silicone implants are commonly used in breast augmentation. Both the implants come with their own sets of merits and demerits.
Being softer and smoother, Silicone implants give the augmented breasts a very natural feel. The chances of scalloping (the skin around the breasts appear wavy) are negligible in case of Silicone implants. However, the Silicone implants come pre-filled. Thus, a bigger incision is needed to get it inserted. Though approved by the FDA, leakage of the silicone implants into the body has been reported. The leakage can affect the health seriously. Interference of Silicone implants with the mammogram can also pose a serious threat.
The Saline implants, on the other hand, are not pre filled. Thus, a small incision is all it takes to get the implants inserted. Once inserted, the implants are filled with saline solution. The saline implants can also leak into the body, without any serious implications. The biggest limitation of saline implants is in the fact that it gives the breasts a very hard feel. Scalloping cannot be ruled out either.
Things to take care of:
- Do not go for breast augmentation surgery if you are planning to start a family in 1-2 years of time. A weaning or lactating lady should also avoid the surgery.
- The exact location of the implant is an important factor to ponder upon. One can go for an under the muscle or over the muscle implants.
- One can opt for a round implant or a tear shaped implant. The biggest USP of tear shaped implant lies in the fact that it gives a very natural feel to the augmented breasts. The round implants, on the other hand, are much safer to use.
- Go for the surgery only when you are physically, mentally and emotionally fit and healthy.
BARIATRIC SURGERY IS JUST THE BEGINNING — rather than the end — of your weight-loss journey
Bariatric surgery is Life-changing
Bariatric surgery can change your life for the better and is a powerful tool that can provide sustained relief for overweight people.
The benefits of sustained weight loss through bariatric surgery can include:
- Long-term remission for type 2 diabetes
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Relief from depression
- Elimination of obstructive sleep apnea
- Relief from joint pain
- Improved fertility
- Alleviation of other medical conditions, such as metabolic syndrome, pregnancy complications, gallbladder disease and more
- You need to have constant awareness of the behaviors and choices we teach patients that work with their new stomach
But bariatric surgery is just the beginning — rather than the end — of your weight-loss journey, so you’ll still have plenty of work ahead of you.