Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. JanelineYour feedback matters!
I am drinking everyday whiskey (royal stag) 180 ml. Is this dangerous? How much whiskey consume everyday is safe? please suggest me.
I am 22 old male want to ask how to gain weight, my height is 5'4" and weight is 50 kg. I am living far from my house that's why it may not possible to take proper diet. So if there would be any powder to gain weight please suggest me which may be safe for me.
Sir, I have deks job due to which from last two month their is increase in my weight 65 to78 kg. Please sir help me Thank you.
Hey, I want to know how to Get fast because I am very thin as my weight is 40. I know its very less as my age. Due to this I feel weakness. Please suggest me something.
Best herbal medicine or protein powder for lean muscle I'm working in the gym can you suggest me some herb for lean muscle and from where do I can get that.
How can make fitness in my body? How can decrease 10 kg weight? How can weight loose with gym and hardworking.
I am feeling sickness and weakness as I try to do exercises but unable to do .because lack of energy.
Hi. I am 21years old. I have 6 months baby. I reduced little my stomach fat. Bt I have big back. How to reduce my back calories?
What are the main symptoms of the disease diabetes and which type of food are not allowed to eat, please tell me.
I am too thin and I am loosing weight now and I have consulted doctor but there is no effect on my health. Please solve my this issue.
Cutaneous vascular lesions are the most common birthmarks found in children. Flat vascular lesions have a tendency to persist, but raised vascular lesions, called hemangiomas may involute gradually. They are the result of several or huge vessels that are formed underneath the skin and can lead to complications like pain, bleeding, cosmesis or disfigurement. It is necessary to seek treatment for both medical and cosmetic reasons.
Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery and it is effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion. Use of laser surgery, successfully can help in eliminating certain targets (chromophores) within your skin by putting into use the beam of requisite wavelength, energy setting and pulse duration. Initially these caused serious side-effects like scarring of the skin or permanent dyspigmentation but after the development of photothermolysis technique, the side effects were less seen.
Things to keep in mind before lesion treatment:
The main forms of treatment include laser therapy. Surgery is less used at present as it poses the risk for hemorrhage. The patient should be aware of a few things before going through the treatment procedures.
- Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery can be effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion.
- Laser therapy can treat vascular lesions, such as telangiectasias or spider veins, port wine stain, birthmarks and strawberry hemangiomas. The laser is safer and more effective because it proves to be useful in treating the blood vessels of a lesion without affecting the surrounding tissues.
- The patient may experience temporary discoloration of the skin surrounding the treatment site. This blue green discoloration is known as purpura and it usually fades within a week.
- The laser therapy is more effective in case of people who have a lighter skin color. In case of heavily tanned or deeply pigmented skin, the laser light may not be able to reach the surface of the lesion.
- A topical antibiotic in the form of an ointment or cream may be required by some patients after the treatment.
We assume that dehydration to the body happens only in the summer. And it’s not without a reason - Summers in India are so hot; every ounce of water in the body gets used up in the heat. A body gets dehydrated when it doesn't get enough water intake. In summer there is an added factor of more sweating i.e. losing water. Dehydration happens in all seasons and you need to hydrate yourself adequately according to the loss of water.
In winters our skin is dry, we sweat but it doesn't stay on the skin. The body feels dehydrated even if there is a marginal drop in percentage of water in body weight. We need to stay hydrated to digest food properly and for smooth functioning of all organs. When a body is dehydrated, the blood flowing through its veins become thicker and the heart needs to put a lot of effort to pump it. Irrespective of the weather or season, our body loses a minimum of eight cups of water which must be replenished.
2 ways to keep yourself hydrated:
1. Have lots of fruits: Consume more fruits and vegetables which are rich in water content. Even in winters when it is cold and we avoid drinking water instinctively; eating foods with high content of water will help.
2. Take Your Water With You: The most important thing which should be actually a year-round habit - carry your own water bottle around. Refill when needed, but if you have water available to drink, chances are that you will drink more than otherwise.