Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. JanelineYour feedback matters!
I am Diabetic since 9 years. I was on Getrol and Bimet for the first 6 years and my HB1AC was 6.20 until the doctor changed me to Diamicron MR30 before food and Jalra 50/500 after food. I have been taking since past 30 months. Now my HB1AC level is 9.10 (Avg 214 Blood Sugar). What could be the reason? I am on proper diet and exercise too.
I have started having a milkshake of 2 soaked figs and a soaked date everyday because a friend suggested it will help in weight gain. Does it effect my periods cycle in any way or increase body heat?
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.