Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Gaytri SureshYour feedback matters!
This is about my father who is in mid 70 he used to have bronchitis but it is now under control. He do not eat much or rather not like eating and has gone week. He walks with bend back. I need to know if we can give him weight protein (from Nutrix) to give him some strength. We want him to stay healthy and fit as much as his age can allow.
I am 65 years vegetarian male with history of diabetes since 1998. I do not consume alcohol. I am also a heart patient with history of ptcas (2) to heart and right carotid artery. Icd is implanted in 2012. For these ailments medication is going on. For diabetes I am taking reclide Mr. (30) once and misobit (25) twice in a day. Ghb is around 7-7.5 and fasting bsl fluctuates between 110 and 120 and pp values are in the range 0f 150-160. I have also non-alcoholic mild cirrhosis. Please let me know whether any effective ayurvedic medicines are available.
Hello doctor, I am a housewife and mother of 3 kids. I am a vegetarian. My height is 5 ft and weight is 69 kgs. I do walk daily for 40 mins and 15 min exercise. I am unable to lose weight. Pls help me.
Hey Dr. I jst want to lose weight and want to get slim so please suggest something. Is there a need of any pills too? Am too desperate to lose fat specially around thighs. please give me a solution.
What are the health effects of cigarette, tobacco, Vine, junk food, sugar, sex, and alcohol consumption?
What type of diet should I follow as spend most of the time of the day sitting on the study table of anywhere else?
I have some physical problem which I want to share. My age is 31 year, and I am 6'3" tall. But I am not able to gain my weight. My weight is approx 55-59 kg only. I have another problem that I have eosinophil from long back (at least from last 10 years). I am not even sexually fit also as I think. Please give me advice.
How many I pill can take in a month. My gf takes 3 I pill in 35 days dose the 3th I pill work or not please tell soon.?
Weight is one issue that 90% of the people are not happy with. While some think they have a fat stomach or thighs, others want to reduce their biceps or arm size. Changing food habits and sedentary lifestyles have made weight loss a big challenge. Losing weight is not just about looking good, but also about living healthy.
The journey of weight loss is a tedious one and in a way never ending. Because it is not just about losing weight, but maintaining it. If you were overweight to begin with, then the changes that you are prone to bounce back to your previous weight are quite high. However, as much as it may sound tedious, it is not impossible. There are some things that people who have succeeded in losing weight do.
The below are just a few of the top things, there are definitely more:
- Discipline: Whether to say no to the extremely appealing cheese laden pizza or your favourite alcoholic drink, when you are on the way to weight loss, you need to say NO. A loud, affirmative, clear NO. Every single thing that you put into your system needs to be watched for. The same affirmative NO is required for the urge to sleep for that extra few minutes and delay your workout. You just have to be hard on yourself - discipline, self-control, strong will, or commitment - whatever you want to call it, this is the most important ingredient that weight loss winners would vouch for. Without this, no amount of coaxing by your trainer or dietician or doctor is going to work. The final onus and the single determining factor in your weight loss is you - you decide if you win or lose.
- Set realistic goals: Just because you idolize a sportsperson or a movie star does not mean you should set target to look like them. Each person's body composition is different, which will determine your looks and weight. Consult with experts who know the subject and set realistic goals. While some may be able to lose 10 kilos or pounds over 10 days, others might only to able to accomplish 3 to 4. Do not fret over this, realize that your body as unique and set goals based on how it will respond.
- Winners keep scores: As you embark on your weight loss journey, remember to keep scores. Set up milestones by weeks and months, and make sure you track and meet them. If you are falling short, step back and analyze and work at it. Once you have reached your target of the initial loss, keep scores in terms of what you can eat and exercise and track those too.
- Enjoy the grind: If you look at weight loss as something you are doing to please somebody, then you are going to find it more difficult. The most important ingredient is to realize that you are doing it for yourself and to enjoy the entire journey of weight loss. Feel good about your altered food habits and exercise and look at the mirror to appreciate the small changes that your body is going through. Feel good about every inch you lose, and you are sure to lose more.
"An apple a day keeps doctor away" what is scientific significance of this quote? Are other fruits less competent than apple in health matters?
My weight is so less and my look is very bad because of less weight I tried so much quantity of banana and dry fruits and other diet but no result. Why so? N friends told me that the our body get locked so no increase and loose will get. Is this real? How I gain weight?
5 signs your body is lacking in water
Water is indispensable for the human body as 90% of the brain and almost 60 per cent of an adult body is chiefly made up of water. Water is just as important as any of your meals. Each cell and organ depends on water for its proper functioning and for flushing out toxins and fats from the body. An average man must consume roughly 3 litres (10-12 glasses) of water per day; and a woman requires about 2.5 litres (8-10 glasses). If you're not meeting this requirement, you might be fall prey to dehydration.
The state of water deficiency or dehydration can be determined through various symptoms. Read on to know the 5 most common signs:
1. The colour of your urine is dark
The colour of your urine indicates your health. The lesser the water you drink, the darker is the colour of your pee. If your urine is pale yellow, you drink a sufficient amount of water. If it's dark yellow and concentrated, it's a sign for you to refill on water. Also, if you haven't urinated for more than two hours, you should immediately gulp 2 glasses of water.
2. You experience frequent headaches
Headaches are often caused by dehydration when the pressure from your blood vessels falls. Dehydration makes it tough for your heart to pump enough oxygen to the brain. Drinking sufficient amounts of water ensures the flow of oxygen in your body.
3. You feel dizzy and fatigued
Lack of water can often lead to laziness and restlessness. It may also cause a rapid change in your blood pressure. Low or high blood pressures are stimulants of fatigue. Water gives you instant energy that wakes up your whole system, thus making you feel revitalised.
4. You have constipated bowel movements
Water is one of the top natural remedies for constipation or troubled bowel movements. If your fluid intake is low, you're likely to have stomach, gastric and bowel problems. The digestive system depends on water to help food move through both the intestines. It checks the functions of the digestive tract, while also keeping it flexible and clean.
5. You experience brain fogs and blackouts
Your brain cells and nerves react severely to water loss. You may start feeling a lack of concentration along with temporary memory loss. Blackouts and fogs are common when you have a deficit of water. You might even experience difficulty in carrying out cognitive tasks.
If you're experiencing similar issues, you must enhance your daily water intake. You can try carrying a sipper around, which allows you to keep a tab on your water consumption. To relish water as a refreshing beverage, you can infuse freshly chopped fruits and herbs in a pitcher of chilled water. This flavoured water also cleanses your body of all toxins and chemicals, thus keeping you fresh.