Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. AshwinYour feedback matters!
Protein is a chain of various amino acids, it is one of an essential macronutrient that the body needs. Nails and hair in the body are made up of protein, it is also used to repair tissues in the body. Protein is also the main building block of muscles and bones.
Advantages of including protein in your diet -
1. It increases the amount of lean muscle in the body
2. Induces feelings of satiety
3. Facilitates muscle recovery after exercise
4. Helps you maintain a healthy body weight
Here are some foods which are rich in protein and should be included in your daily diet -
1. Greek yoghurt - It has more protein that the traditional variety of yoghurt. It also comes with important minerals such as calcium and probiotics.
2. Eggs - Eggs are considered to be a type super food as it is a powerhouse of nutrients. It has the highest biological value that is the protein in an egg has the highest number of essential amino acids.
3. Meat - Meat such as turkey and chicken are very good sources of protein. Chicken contains niacin, which also boosts the digestive and the nervous system.
4. Tofu - Tofu is a very good source of vegetarian protein and it is also packed with manganese. It helps in muscle recovery after exercise and also strengthens bones in the body.
5. Fish - Fishes are not only a good source of protein but also contain less fat. They are packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Cottage cheese - Cottage cheese contains casein protein which provides the body with a steady supply of protein over a duration of time as it is digested slowly by the body.
Related Tip: How to tackle binge eating?
My Mother is a diabetic patient. She always feels like to pee. In Evey half and hour she goes for three times to the washroom. Please tell what should we do. No doctor also tell properly. What we should do. Really sad to see my mother condition.
I have obesity and restlessness after having food if I won't. Take food. I'll get pain in neck region. please suggest me how to reduce my weight and improve my stamina.
What is the perfect age of getting married pls can you sugest me or getting late married can cause any harm for future.
Do you need vitamin supplements? Here's how to find out
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements is increasingly becoming common these days. People generally opt for these supplements to ensure good health as their diets are usually lacking in vitamins due to the pursuit of a hectic lifestyle.
But before you begin consuming vitamin supplements, it's necessary for you to know whether your body actually needs them. According to nutritionists, you should plan your diet appropriately to fulfil your nutritional needs and not depend on vitamin supplements to do so. If your diet includes foods like fruits, green vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, legumes, fish and lean meat, you won't need vitamin supplements.
So, when exactly do you need vitamin supplements?
You might need vitamin supplements in the following cases:
- If you are above the age of 50, you can take vitamin b-12 supplement. Additionally, you may consider eating food items fortified with vitamin b-12, like fortified cereals.
- If your diet does not meet the normal requirement of 1, 600 calories a day, you should consider dietary supplements. Moreover, the diet of people who do not consume red meat usually lacks in zinc and iron, which can be supported by vitamin supplements.
- If you are a woman whose menstrual cycle is associated with heavy bleeding, you might need vitamin supplements.
- If you suffer from a disorder that has a negative impact on the nutrient absorption process of your body, you need to take vitamin supplements. These conditions include chronic diarrhoea, food intolerance, food allergies or any disease related to the liver, pancreas, intestines and gall bladder.
- If your body has difficulty in absorbing and digesting nutrients because of a surgery of the digestive tract.
- If you are a woman who is planning to have a child. Women who want to get pregnant should consume 400 mg folic acid, which can be obtained from dietary supplements or fortified foods.
- If you are pregnant, you should include a prenatal vitamin in your daily diet. This vitamin should contain iron. You may also fulfil this iron requirement by consuming a separate iron supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I have a fatty body due to this I goes in depression sometimes when I think deeply so please provide me some good suggestions to reduce my weight and free from depression.
Hi I wanna reduce about 20 kgs from 83 lbs, I'm 32 years, 5'3" and I am hypothyroidism patient taking 100 mg thyronorm.
I used to play basketball and now I have a desk job, my weight is shooting up. I gained 10 kgs in an year. Please help.
I am 28 yrs old and my current weight is 51kg. So because of that I look fat from upper half of body. I also have a problem of mensuration from last 7-8 yrs. As it is not regular so I have to take medicines. I start doing exercise to loose weight. Please provide me a diet chart so that I can get back a perfect body shape. Thanks.
Early morning -
Dalchini milk tea wth 2bis
Half n hr later - lemon mint ginger water
Brkfst - pick any - mango shake 250ml with 1piece dry tea lemon cake or suji upma wth sweet lasi or 1aloo non fry tandoori parantha wth namkeen puddina jeera chach (salted mint buttermilk)
12noon- watermelon mint ginger lemon smoothie
Lunch - 1cup boiled rice with pick any - kabuli white chana /black or rajma/sambar or non veg - 1katori only with raita
Evening - lemon mint ginger water and later ajwain milk tea +dry bhel chat
Dinr - pick any - cold coffee with 1scoop vanilla /suji or rice kheer / jaggery (gur) roti wth teaspoon malai/besan milk (sheera) / 1piece donut or dry cake.
Before sleeping - green coffee with half teaspoon honey