Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Aruna HkYour feedback matters!
Intrauterine growth restriction is a condition where the foetus is smaller than it should be according to its age because it is not growing at a normal rate inside the uterus. This puts the baby at risk for several dangerous conditions during pregnancy, delivery and post-birth. Some of these are low weight at birth, caesarian delivery, decreased oxygen levels, low blood sugar, low resistance power, breathing problems and low body temperature. IUGR can lead to stillbirth in extreme conditions and to long-term growth problems too. This is the main reason why prenatal birth monitoring is very important.
IUGR can occur in expecting mothers who have a problem with the placenta. We already know that placenta is the cord of life that joins the mother with the foetus. It provides oxygen and food to the developing baby inside the womb. Apart from this, IUGR can occur if the mother has:
- Heart disease
- Rubella or syphilis infections
- Kidney or lung disease
- Malnutrition or anaemia
- Twins and triplets also increase the risk for IUGR
The main symptom of IUGR is a small baby for its age in the womb. It may look small and sickly and the placenta is dry and shrivelled.
Dealing with IUGR depends on many factors. Usually, doctors go for a slew of tests to see how the infant is doing. A detailed sonogram is usually performed to look for foetal anomalies. Tests like a urine sample, ultrasound, platelet count and liver function test are also administered to the mother. The mother is put on bed rest to improve blood flow to the foetus and antenatal steroids are prescribed to promote foetal lung maturity. General management also includes treatment of maternal disease like high BP and cessation of substance abuse or alcohol.
For management of IUGR, daily blood pressure measurements, foetal movement profiles, serial ultrasound examinations are important to determine the severity and progression of IUGR. If the situation becomes critical, labour is induced and the baby is delivered by caesarian section.
IUGR can’t be cured and can only be managed so it’s best to prevent it in the first place by keeping all of your prenatal appointments. You must be aware of your baby's movements. If your baby is not moving much or stops suddenly, you should rush to your doctor. You must also not take any medicine without consulting your doctor during pregnancy. Eat healthy and rest fully to have a risk free birth and last, but not the least, stay away from drugs, alcohol and smoke, even second hand, for the health of your baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I doing the GYM last 4 month eating foods, egg, milk, juice but not increase my weight what can I do ?
I am 20 years old girl. I am having red pimples on my face and in similar way on my back n chest from 3-4 months. I want to reduce my weight and increase my height. Please suggest me solution for this.
Hello .sir I am 24 years old. My problem is my weight is not gainnow I am 41 kg. Sir what I do to increase my weight.
Doctor my mother is too fat. By birth she is fat. So she not care that. But now her age is 52. Please advise.
Hello I have fatty tummy and to get rid of it I extremely worked hard but I didn't see any change I had 70 kg weight when I used to work out I had a perfect muscular body except belly and reduce my belly fat I did every abs work out like cardio crunches an all In result now I have 58 kg weight I look skinny but still my belly looks at it was before I lost all my body fat and become a skinny from a muscular but still there is no change in belly it looks fatty So is it any kind of disease? There are some ways to reduce belly fat but thet will also reduce my upper body muscle So please suggest something to reduce my belly fat without losing my upper body muscles Thank you.
I am young man age 36 years, 65 kg, 5'9" I feel burning sensation in my legs starting from thighs to feet but more from knees on wards. This is from last 7-8 years. Sometimes it pains as well. Sensation is so much that sometimes it becomes difficult to walk and get tired with simple exercises or walk as well, feel very sleepy and tired always. I consulted few general physicians. They say nothing is there or may be stomach upset only. Did general full body tests from balaji hospital, but nothing as such except vitamin d3 and b12 deficiency. Family thinks it is because of may be my night shifts or bad schedule or stomach. But I think it could be more. I even asked one doctor if I should show to some neurologist, but they said not required. But I am very much frustrated with this continues leg burning. Can acidity or stomach can also do this and that too continuously for so many years. My stomach now is not that upset. Please help.
Should you really have chyawanprash in winters?
Winter brings with it a series of drastic weather changes, which influence your daily life considerably. At this time of the year, your body needs more warmth, coupled with energy giving food and stronger immunity to remain healthy.
How can chyawanprash keep you warmer and stronger in winter?
Chyawanprash is an Ayurvedic preparation with a jam like texture containing a variety of herbs that has a number of health benefits.
Chyawanprash affects your health positively in a number of ways, especially during winters. Read on to find out how the Ayurvedic product can be wonderful for your overall health and well-being during the cold winter days.
1. Boosts your immune system
When the weather begins to change and signals the onset of winter, the risk of fungal, viral and bacterial infections increase. During this time, consumption of chyawanprash strengthens your immunity and protects your from these conditions. The amla or Indian gooseberry content of the Ayurvedic preparation is enriched with vitamin C, and is acts as an immunity booster.
2. Keeps indigestion at bay
Your appetite naturally increases during the winters which often results in digestion problems. Chyawanprash helps your body to efficiently absorb the nutrients from the food you eat and aids in keeping the amount of stomach acids balanced. This in turn relieves you from conditions like constipation, nausea, flatulence, and diarrhoea.
3. Restores the moisture balance of your skin
Winter robs away the moisture from your skin and makes it dry and damaged. Chyawanprash is a preferred remedy for winters due to its phyto-nutrient and vitamin C content. This imparts your skin with a healthy glow and enhances your complexion by maintaining the correct moisture level.
Why you shouldn’t have chyawanprash in summers?
Ideally, chyawanprash can be consumed all year round but in India, Summers tend to get very hot and therefore it may not be a good idea due to following reasons :
1. Owing to the warm nature of chyawanprash it may generate excessive heat in your body and is thus best avoided during the summer
2. The warmth generated by chyawanprash in your body may result in rashes on the skin if consumed during the hot summer months
3. Intake of chyawanprash during summer may trigger pimples due to its property of trying to stabilise your hormonal imbalances
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Over exerting our bodies and indulging in excessive physical exercise might result in complications. It could lead to muscular, psychological, hormonal, neurological and other imbalances. Clinical psychological says too many hours in gym can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome" one must remember that anything that your body does will directly affect your mind"
My weight is just 50 kg, but I am 18 years old how could I rise my body weight? What are the essential foods I can take?
I was a sportsman during my younger days and had lots of stamina. Now I am just 56. But I get out of breath very easily especially when I climb stairs or do some exercise or jog. Just 2-3 rounds of skipping I get breathless. Advise me please.
My weight so much I want to reduce my weight How I reduce my weight What's eat and drink in diet? Please help me Thank you.
Summer vacations can make you very lazy and it becomes difficult for you to indulge in physical activities because of the hot and sweaty weather. However, here are a few ways in which, you can avoid weight gain during the season:
- Never Arrive Hungry: Eating before hand can help you stay away from different kinds of temptations as you go to a celebratory event or a gathering. This way you do not end up eating a lot of junk food.
- Redirect Your Attention: Many people overlook that there is a whole other world to an event or a party than the food. Try not to look at the gathering as only a feast occasion.
- Pace Yourself: In case that you pack in as much as you can in thirty minutes, you bite faster. Biting slowly will fill you up easily and this way you do not consume too much.
- Number Your food items: At the point when there are food items that you can count as you eat them, put a toothpick in your pocket for every bite you take. Set the farthest point for a number of toothpicks you can collect.
- Outmanoeuvre the buffet: At the point when food is served in buffet style, use a small plate and do not stack your food. Restrict your servings to a small amount.
- Restrain alcohol: Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of liquor at parties. It is not just about calories but rather about control. In case that alcohol does tempt you, try to drink some water and then ask yourself if you still need that drink. Most of the times, it is because of lack of water that you feel the urge to drink other beverages.
- Be choosy about sweets: With regards to sweet, be extremely particular. Confine your desires to little servings and only to what is exceptionally tempting to you. In case that you know you are the type who cannot stop at one chomp, it could be very unhealthy for you. Try to tell someone else about it and let them help you.
- Present to your own treats: Whether you are heading off to a gathering or an office potluck, think about bringing as a low-calorie treat that you know you will appreciate. Bringing your own pastry will make other options less enticing.
- Confine "tastes" while cooking: In case that you do a great deal of cooking during the occasions, get serious about every one of those "tastes." People lose their cravings when they have been cooking than they have been eating the entire time.
- Walk it off: Other than consuming some additional calories, this will make tracks in an opposite direction from the food for a while. Get people off the chair and move. Go out for a stroll as a family before or after the dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.