Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Archana Harsha D NazraYour feedback matters!
I am felling tired allover the day and mind not work properly I tried pills but it cannot work what to do help me.
I am 20 yt old, I have started going to gym my height is 5.11 and my weight is 68kg I am vegetarian I want a perfect diet plan I do not want to exceed my weight that 73-75.
Hamare organisation mai daily breakfast mai puri milti hai aur mujhe puri khana pasand bhi hai tho mujhe ek bat ka dar hai ki agey chal k koi problem ho sakta hai bolke. Tho uske jagha chana, badam wagaira pani mai bhiga kar aur salad ke sath breakfast mai khana thik rahega. Aur maine suna hai ki breakfast mai hamesha roti wagaira khana chaiye. Do tell me and clear my doubt.
My left hand become partially senseless. I don't no how it was happens but I every time feel there nerve is not so fastly responding. please help.
HPV or human papillomavirus is a strain of viral infection that is usually passed through skin to skin contact. There are many varieties of HPV although the main focus is one the ones, which are usually transmitted through sexual contact. Most sexually active people are infected by this disease although very few develop the full fledged symptoms.
Symptoms of HPV: Primary symptoms of HPV are the growth of warts on your body in various stages or in various areas. Some of them are:
- Typical common warts: The easiest way to spot an HPV infection is the development of common warts on any parts of the body. They could appear on elbows, hands, feet and fingers. These look like bumps on the skin and although they aren't usually are painful and itchy, but are unsightly.
- Flat warts: Flat warts tend to be small smooth bumps, which are slightly raised skin lesions on the body which can be a little darker in colour. Men usually get this in the beard and face area while women tend to get this on their legs.
- Plantar warts: These warts usually grow on the heels or the balls of the feet and are hard grainy growths. These can be painful and even cause discomfort while walking.
- Genital warts: This is one of the most obvious and most common symptoms of HPV, especially in the variety, which is transmitted through sexual contact. These usually look like small bumps or protrusions on the skin and can be of different shapes. Women can have this on the vulva, vagina or even cervix and men can have this on the penis, scrotum, and adjacent areas. Both men and women can have this on their anus as well.
Causes of HPV: The primary cause of HPV infection is the intrusion of the virus in your skin through small cuts or abrasions on your skin. Skin to skin contact with an infected person will transfer this. However, genital warts are usually transferred from skin to during sexual contact. Even oral sex can transmit HPV and cause lesions in the upper respiratory tract and cause breathing problems as well. Most warts can also be transferred with the contact or touching the wart directly and thus should be avoided.
Can you suggest me some high protein diet? I want to loose weight? What are the food intake that should be avoided?
I'm having cold from almond many months I'm in weight gain mission gng to eat bananas is it unhealthy? And how to get rid of cold always?
Hi doctors. I am a working women and work from 1 pm till 11 pm and sleep around 1.30 am. I wake up at 9 -9.30. My breakfast time is 11.30-12 (i would say brunch time) is it ok? Because as per my schedule it is difficult to have early breakfast and my exercise level is less active due to sitting job. Kindly advise a diet plan as my height is 5'1" where in my weight is 65 and I have heavy lower part and getting now belly fat as well. Appreciate your assistance to get a proper diet chart to achieve my goal and stay a healthy life:)
There is no fixed course for iron. You need to continue till your body stores are adequate in iron. A regular follow-up blood test is most essential to prevent iron overload. There is no need to take extra supplemental iron unless indicated.
Continue using food sources of iron even after stopping the tablet/syrup as food sources will never cause iron overload. Common foods being beet, green veggies, dates, figs, raisins, sesame seeds, almonds.
If you are not responding to the iron or your hemoglobin keeps dropping frequently, you need to rule out hemoglobin related disorders.
But, but, but. Try doing this first -
Include vitamin a (carrots, peach, papaya, mango, green vegetables), copper (whole grains, almonds, pista, figs, dates, walnuts, raisins) and vitamin c to improve absorption of iron.
Our indian dish'aloo-palak' is a good example of food combination to maximize efficacy of nutrient absorption. Forget the technical jargon.
What I mean is that you get iron from palak and vitamin c, vitamin a and copper from the potato, so it enhances the iron absorption.
Point to note:
Do not take your anti-acidity syrups, tablets or capsules with iron. It will just not allow that iron to be absorbed.
Do not drink cow or buffalo or soya milk to gulp that iron tablet, it will just not allow.
Do not take tea or coffee with iron tablet; it will just not allow.
So, get the best out of that iron tablet, so that you can discontinue it sooner.
I have a problem in stomach. I cant eat much. I eat little bit and feel that i have eaten too much. Please advise.
My age is 17 and my weight is below 50 I want to gain my weight but I don't know how I can do that please help, that is my health below in picture.
I have obesity and I am doing exercises but there is no loss of weight. Please give me guidance is there any medicine in Ayurveda.
How to loose weight and control diet? I am currently weighed 90 kg and my height is 5 foot 10 inches.
The lungs are made of tubes through, which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is a disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough: Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup: There is constant buildup of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity: As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath: The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing: Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators: Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids: Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination: Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics: To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy: In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes: Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.