Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Aditi SinghYour feedback matters!
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
For making my health. I am taking purus jiwan capsules. Is it harmful? Or any alternative medicine to build health quickly.
Hi Sir or madam, My grandmother has sugar diabetes can she drink lemon water with sugar free powder please tell me can she use sugar free powder no problem na she have 300.
Hi, I am 30 years old. Two and half months back I had an cesarian I want to reduce weight specially belly fat. My height is 5 ft and weight is71 kg.
Antioxidants: What are they?
Antioxidants are free radical scavengers known to enhance our immunity. We know that fruits and vegetables with vibrant colors are great sources of antioxidants. Many times we wish that foods that taste delicious were as healthy as these fruits and veggies. Here is something to cheer you up. The foods listed below are not only tasty but also rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants and their sources:
- Eggs: Egg yolk contains an antioxidants called “lutein”. Lutein is known to prevent muscular degeneration and cataracts. Though the lutein content in yolk is lesser than the lutein content of the green leafy veggies, but according to some studies the lutein from yolk is more effectively absorbed due to the fat content of the yolk.
- Tinned beans: Tinned beans contains phytochemicals. Phytochemicals repair damaged dna and also neutralize free radicals. Small red beans, dark kidney beans and black beans are rich in antioxidants. You can now enjoy your baked beans with a touch of health.
- Whole grain pasta/noodles: These whole grain dishes contain polyphenols. Polyphenols are strong anti-cancerous elements. Whole grain pasta and noodles contain 3 to 4 times more antioxidants than the regular ones. In combination to antioxidants these foods also contain good amount of fiber that help in regulating cholesterol levels.
- Yogurt: There is an additional health benefit to this yummy delight. Although it does not directly contain any antioxidants, it does contain riboflavin which enhances or promotes the activity of antioxidants glutathione. Riboflavin being a water soluble vitamin b, it easily flushes out of the body. You need to consume yogurt on a daily basis to be benefited.
- Organic milk: Organic milk is the milk obtained from cows that feed on organic food. The antioxidant value of this milk is 40 to 50 times greater than the cows raised in a conventional manner. Antioxidants like vitamin e, lutein and beta carotene are present in it. Organic cheese and butter are other options you may choose.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is not only a fast and favorite snack, but it also is good in its fiber and antioxidant content. A study carried out by the university of scranton revealed that the whole grain snack foods such as popcorn have surprisingly high levels of polyphenols which have anti-cancerous properties.
- Natural sweeteners: Natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar contain good amount of anti oxidants. Darker the color of honey, greater is its antioxidant content. The non-commercial varieties of honey contain poly phenol. Adding these natural sweeteners in your dessert instead of table sugar does have some added benefit.
- Canola oil: Canola oil contains alpha-tocopherol. Alpha-tocopherol prevents the oxidation of bad cholesterol (ldl), preventing the release of free radicals. No wonder canola oil is considered to be heart-healthy oil.