Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aditi Singh
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor,I am 51 years old and I have knee problem so what kind of diet and exercise I should follow?
Moderate back pain while standing for 15-20 minutes like walking in a mall. Pain sets at rest within 5 minutes by having a seat. Knee pain while climbing stairs. No pain while walking or bending knees i. E. Sitting on a floor. Peripheral arteries disease causing pain in calf muscle while walking but with pain can walk for 50-60 minutes.
I am 46 year old Last 2 year se humare. Left side front and back mein dard hota hai. Jis one side sund hoa jata. Aur ghutono mein dard raheta hai. Please
I am feeling back pain and joint Bones make sound when I stretch or do exercises. I don't it much in day time when I go for sleep its painful. I am also feeling pain in neck. When I bow it down for reading and other work for more than 2.3 min.
Me ek bhari weight ka saman utha rha tha tbi mere peth me kch halka sa teech hua n uske baad wo Dard hone Lga dhere dhere Ye baat 6 months purani hai ...ab kbi kbi jb me bht Der tk khada rehta hu ya fir ghumta hu to halka halka Dard hone lgta...mghe kya karna chahia kya Ye usi k wgh se hai ya kch aur dikkat hai??
Sir my index finger and middle finger is bit deviated I had never noticed it before but few days back when I had my medical where the doctor said that my finger is bit deviated can you, please prescribe me any solution to correct my finger it's not at all pains me and it doesn't happened to me by any injury. Please reply to it.
A workout session is often tedious and exhausting, especially for those who aren’t comfortable with strenuous exercises. And, many a time, you can experience significant pain in pursuit of a fit body - injuries, strain, and sprain become a part of your life. The most common gym injuries one might have while working out are-
- Muscle pull or strain- A muscle pull can injure anyone regardless of their age. This usually results from strenuous physical activity. Sometimes, overstretching can cause the muscle fibers to tear, which in turn affects the hamstring or calves. The most common symptoms include- bruising and discoloration, stiffness, localised pain.
- Ankle sprain- This refers to an injury to your ligaments. This occurs when you mistakenly twist the ligament while exercising. If you have a sprained ankle, you will likely notice these symptoms- bruising, swelling, stiffness and tenderness, difficulty putting weights on the ankle.
- Shoulder injury- Several other muscles, ligaments, and tendons hold your shoulder together, thereby making it prone to injuries during workout sessions. Weight lifting exercises like Machine Shoulder Press, Overhead Shoulder Press etc can lead to serious shoulder injuries like the Rotator Cuff injury, if you don’t follow the right technique.
- Tendinitis- Tendinitis is caused due to the overuse of tendons during the workout. Tendons are wide cords joining the muscle to your bones. When the tendons become inflamed, it restricts the movement of the joints, resulting in pain.
- Shin Splint- This injury is caused due to recurrent trauma to the connective tissues. This tissue connects the tibia bone to the muscles, and when these tissues break down or become inflamed, stiffness and pain are experienced. People who engage in long running-cycles are most likely to have a shin splint.
- Runner’s knee- This type of injury is common in those who spend several minutes on the treadmill. Runner’s knee is characterized by mild dull pain at the back of or beneath the kneecap, typically felt while running.
Repetitive motion, not having enough rest after completing one set of the exercise, simple wear and tear- all these result in workout injuries. Many a time, people don’t pay much attention to these injuries and continue with their daily activities. Studies reveal that overuse of body parts account for about 30% of all injuries. Ignoring these injuries may lead to serious health conditions in the long run.
A few precautionary measures can be adopted to prevent such injuries-
- If you’re running on the treadmill, make sure you have full control over your movement and the speed of the machine. Most treadmills these days come with a clip that you can attach to your clothes so that if you lose control and fall off the treadmill, the machine will stop immediately and prevent you from sustaining any grievous injury.
- Wear proper shoes that support your feet and are comfortable to move around. Watch out for slippery, uneven floors. Athletic shoes are specially designed to fit your feet well for this purpose.
- Don’t start your workout session by lifting heavy weights. Start with mild, warm-up exercises (stretching, Jumping Jacks, free-hand squats) to allow your body to become accustomed to the environment.
- Maintain a healthy body weight. This is essential because an overweight person is more likely to get affected by injuries to the joint bones, fractures etc.
How are these common injuries treated?
Injuries sustained during workout sessions need to be looked after. Urgent medical intervention is recommended in such cases so that the pain does not hinder your movement and routine activities for long.
The most effective and preferred choice of treatment to cure gym injuries is the RICE technique.
- Rest (R)- Make sure you don’t put too much pressure on the injured area. Refrain from any physical activity and allow your injury to heal.22481
- Ice (I)- Apply ice on the injured area to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Compression (C)- In order to reduce swelling, apply a compression bandage.
- Elevate (E)- Elevate the wound/injury to minimize swelling.
Your doctor will also prescribe a few anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers to ease the pain. You can also use a shoulder splint to keep the injured shoulder/arm in place. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!