Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Aditi SinghYour feedback matters!
Please give a diet plan. Am 19 years old girl. But my weight is 89. Am so suffering from this. Please give a solution.
I want to lose weight. I have gained lot of weight in last 2 months and don't know how to reduce belly fat. Please help me out.
I am under wight what should I do. There any way for getting healthy. I tried many things but I am helpless. please give an solution.
I am 40 years male. My weight 100kg now I want to lose my weight. Please tell what to do to lose the weight. Thanks.
Hi. I am on diet from 1 month. I like sweets. But im on diet period so I can not take sweets. Can you please suggest me any sweets food which can I eat during diet period.
Of late I am getting a pain on the upper part of my stomach. It usually starts late night and continues for 3 to 4 hours and I feel like I will diet of pain. It usually happens on the days I have some junk food. What is the issue all about?
Hi sir, I am 28 years old. Day by day I am getting very thin. I eat enough and drink 2 to 3 liter water everyday. In my teenage I was very fun loving person and I use to be very active but now I found myself very low every time. My friends are always criticize me though they never win without me. I need to change myself as soon as possible. And for that what I need to do?
I eat all type of foods and more non veg! but I am unable to gain my weight and I am still 47kgs! So what can I do to gain my weight?
I am 20 years my weight is 40 kgs. I want to gain weight in a month. What should I do. I an doing squats do it help me in shaping my body. Please help.
Causes and Symptoms of Hemophilia
Hemophilia is a genetic disorder, which is marked by improper blood clotting. In this bleeding disorder, a person suffers from low levels of certain proteins called clotting factors, which aid in the process of blood clotting. There are 13 types of factors that combine with platelets to help in the formation of a blood clot. People who suffer from hemophilia start bleeding due to minor reasons and their blood takes a very long time to clot.
Causes of Hemophilia
Depending on the type, the causes of hemophilia can vary. There are three types of hemophilia, namely hemophilia A, B, and C.
- Hemophilia A, the most commonly occurring form, is caused by a deficiency of factor VIII.
- Hemophilia B, also known as Christmas disease, is caused by the lack of factor IX.
- Hemophilia C, on the other hand, occurs due to the lack of factor XI.
However, hemophilia is a genetic condition, which usually passes down from generation to generation. A defect in the genes, which causes the body to make factors VIII, IX, or XI causes the condition. These particular genes are located in the X-chromosomes and, thus, it makes hemophilia an X-linked recessive disorder.
What are the symptoms of hemophilia?
The intensity of symptoms would depend upon the seriousness of the factor deficiency. A person with a serious deficiency may bleed for no apparent reason, which is also known as spontaneous bleeding.
Some of the symptoms of this bleeding disorder are:
- Blood in the urine and stool
- Large, deep bruises
- Excessive bleeding
- Bleeding gums
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Pain and stiffness in the joints
- Irritability and anxiety
- Severe headaches
- Repeated vomiting
- Neck pain
- Cloudy or foggy vision
- Extreme sleepiness
Sometimes, you are just doing your work with a whole lot of concentration and suddenly as soon as the clock strikes 3 p.m. you get the munchies. The sudden, strong desires for food are called cravings and they strike you when you least expect it!
The reason for this might be a neurotransmitter named as serotonin, which regulates your emotions, mood, sleep and, obviously, your appetite. Serotonin becomes slightly inactive by midday, which makes you crave salty and sweet snacks.
Here are some ways to curb your cravings:
- Don't skip breakfast, or lunch. Choose foods that take a long time to digest, so you can stay full for a longer duration. Whole grain bread and vegetables are good options.
- Don't go grocery shopping during this hour because you will end up buying junk food.
- Don't watch television as junk food advertisements will lead to cravings, as the images shown to promote these products, induces the desire, which eventually will lead to obesity.
- If you can feel your cravings still, choose to do something else, such as go for a walk or get yourself really busy with something till the urge subsides.
But if all else fails, then you have no option, but to give in and it is okay to give in sometimes. However, you should do it right and not reach for the nearest package of processed food! Instead, substitute the candy bar, or potato chips with the following options:
- Vegetable soup
- One slice of wholegrain bread with unsweetened jam/peanut butter
- Dried or fresh fruits
- Sweetened/unsweetened high fibre cereal with low fat milk
- Low-fat granola bars
- Smoothies made from fresh fruit and skim milk
- Low-fat yoghurt with fresh fruits
- Unsalted, unbuttered popcorn
- Hot chocolate with skimmed milk made from low-fat cocoa powder
Basically, your body craves for carbs during the afternoon. And the trick is to choose complex carbs (carbohydrates that digest slowly) over simple carbs (carbohydrates that are easier to digest). From the list above, you can see that mostly complex carbs have been mentioned. In fact, eating complex carbs will trigger your serotonin levels which will provide you energy, return your focus and make you happier! So it is okay to snack, just don't open that packet of chips and remember to eat the right things. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have desk job from last 2 years. My wait is going out of control. I have acid problem also. How can I reduce the wait, 2 years back my wait was 82 kg. Please advice me to make my self fit again.
I'm doing regular gym, I want to go to bodybuilding shows, but I'm too hairy in my body. I want to lose that body hairs but don't want to lose head hairs because my hairs are still falling. I want to lose body hair with an increase in head hair. Please suggest me what should I do.
Pain is in my ankle while I was playing soccer my foot was twisted and this happened twice. Then after one year I started playing soccer and now it still hurts.
My mother (f63) feels weakness / giddiness after wakeup from bed and legs are got bulged. Kindly suggest all the test such as lft/kidney/cbp/fbs etc had been completed but no cure.
For all the fitness fanatics, watching their calorie count is one of the most challenging tasks that they are confronted with. While carbohydrates are among the highest sources of energy and crucial for the well-being of a person, excess of carbohydrates might lead to a significant amount of calorie gain. It is precisely for this reason that many who intend to lose the kilos, often have to give up on rice. Rice has always featured as the staple of a lot of cultures and yet it is universally considered baneful for those on a diet. Substituting rice isn't an easy task considering it is integral to many cuisines and is also one of the most widely preferred dishes. In that regard, customized diets and replacement products have emerged as a boon in their lives. One of the best replacement foods, creating waves in the culinary world is cauliflower rice.
1. Low in calories: Unlike rice, cauliflower does not amount to a high calorie gain while imparting essential nutrients to the body. Cauliflower is rich in fiber that cleanse the digestive tracts, it also contains vital antioxidants like vitamins A, C and D and therefore, purifies your system from within. It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, thus providing the required amount of energy without adding to the unwanted fats.
2. Controls diabetes Rice is often perceived as a stimulant of diabetic conditions. Since cauliflower increases the protein intake of the body and averts the consumption of unrefined carbohydrates, it substantially reduces the chances of insulin spike. Switching over to cauliflower helps in abetting the dreaded diabetes, an ailment that afflicts a large section of the modern lives.
3. Tasty to eat: Unlike most bland diet food like the spaghetti squash, cauliflower does not make you crib and crave for some buttery indulgences. When cooked with like couscous, it can be all light and fluffy, ideal as a side dish to curries. Whereas, when served in salads, raw cauliflower can be fairly toothsome and crunchy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.