Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Aditi SinghYour feedback matters!
How will I come to know whether the girl is virgin or not if the hymen is broken by sports. Let me know.
I am 22 year old I have thyroid problem. My weight is 39 kgs only. Please suggest me to gain weight.
I am sleeping a lot nowadays and it has got in my head that if I don't sleep for at least 8 hours then I won't feel energetic. If you have any answers for that then help me out in this.
Sir, Please guide me how to do KEGEL exercise. What are the benefits and best suited timing for the exercise.
Should I take metformin in my 35 weeks of pregnancy to treat gestational diabetes? Fasting sugar: 98 postprandial: 134.
Acupressure is a traditional Chinese healing treatment modality which works on the principle that the human body carries a dense network of energy pathways. When these get blocked, the smooth flow of energy too is disturbed resulting in various diseases.
The Chinese identified points along these pathways which if stimulated, could re-balance the whole energy system and help in countering disease. This, in short, is the basic guideline of Acupressure.
Since energy pathways include some running at the accessible range of a needle, acupuncture, a form of acupressure uses needles, as fine as human hair, inserted in different acupuncture points on the hands and feet of the patient to normalise the energy flow. Acupressure also works on these pressure points but without the needles. The basic guideline of both acupressure and acupuncture is the same, and just the methodology differs. In acupressure, a practitioner uses fingers, seeds, blunt instruments and other objects to put pressure on the acupuncture points to normalise energy flow.
How is acupressure treatment given?
- Each point is on a meridian that is connected to a particular important organ of your body. So a sore point on your kidney meridian may indicate a problem with your kidneys.
- The practitioner listens to your case history and then starts treatment by pressing points on your hands and feet. He puts sustained pressure on each point while taking feedback from you about the soreness of a particular point. A sore point indicates a problem in blood circulation and stuck energy.
- It is how an acupressurist diagnoses and then cures a particular health problem.
- Acupressure can also be practised by you yourself by pressing points on your body. You need to be trained to do this, however.
- After putting pressure on points for anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour, the acupressurist usually attaches a tiny magnet to the point with tape for 24 hours.
- Anyone can go for acupressure treatment
- It has proven to be extremely efficacious in treating infertility, liver problems, pain, stress etc.
- It takes several sessions to cure a disease.
- While some practitioners merely treat local symptoms, genuinely trained acupuncturists practice their art as a comprehensive system of holistic medicine which heals the body, mind and the spirit.
There are no side effects of acupressure if precautions like the following are taken-
- Pregnant women should take care not to go in for acupressure treatments.
- Patients with life-threatening diseases like stroke or heart disease should consult their doctor before using acupressure or other alternative therapies.
- Acupressure does not cure bacterial infections so acupressure is contra-indicated for UTIs for example.
- Acupressure is also not a treatment for cancer, contagious skin diseases, or sexually transmitted diseases but can help alleviate symptoms.
After an acupressure session, take care to protect yourself from cold as your body heat is lowered. So, keep warm when you finish an acupressure routine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
What fruit should I eat while in diabetes type 2? I like mostly black berry n papaya. Is mango is okay in diabetes? Thank you.
I am 19 year old. I want to weight loose. At this time my weight is 62 kg. And also I want to raise my height. At this time my height is 4.5 feet. What I do for these problems? Please help.
Hi. My baby 10 months old does not eat anything. at least not even a spoon of food she takes. She is bottle fed from birth. No health issues. But eating has become a big concern. When ever we try to feed she pushes the spoon or turn her face other side or closes her mouth tightly. Please suggest me.
Ajwain and #jeera (#carom seeds and #caraway) are two most simple, globally available spices which have a place of pride in ayurveda.
Stomach problems of simple to complicated nature can be solved easily at home by using these two seeds in varied forms and ways to get relief.
#stomachache, gas, flatulence, tympanites, #ama (#mucous in intestines), #acidity, lose motions, #constipation (both opposite to each other), other #vata, #pitta, #kapha imbalances can be corrected by these two by either combined or individual use.
Carom may be boiled in water and drunk by mixing little salt (better black salt) or plain. Caraway powder up to 1/2 teaspoon may be taken along consequently every four/ six/ eight hrs. If needed.
Caraway powder may be mixed in curd or buttermilk also or taken with honey or simple warm water.
In bronchitis, cough etc pure turmeric powder may be mixed to caraway and/ or cumin powder and licked followed by #warm water sips.
#nature has given us enough opportunities to avoid synthetic drugs for simple ailments.