Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Abhilasha JainYour feedback matters!
How to loose fat? I am doing exercise and getting results but I want to knw some diets by which fat will decreased?
My name is Pawan singh , my height is 5'8 and my weight 58 kg , I wanna gain my weight vastly So what should I do that my weight gain 5-10 kg.
Sir I want to ask what do I need to do gain weight I am 25 of age and 5'11 in height with just 50 kg in weight. I feel so underweight. Kindly provide some useful suggestions.
I am very thin as compared to other people of my age group please suggest me some way to gain healthy weight.
I am losing my hair when ever I apply the oil and doing head bath lots of hair is falling. How can I control this. Is there any way to reduce.
Hi, this may seem like a weird question but I am just curious about it. Can adults consume baby food like cerelac as a snack? Will it provide essential nutrients and is it fattening for adults? Can it be consumed by patients who have diarrhea or typhoid since it must be easy to digest and where home made food is not readily available?
The uterus or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
- Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Real surgery in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves.
Hi, my age is 23 and I am thin weights only 45 kgs. I want to gain weight. Please do advice. Thank you.
I am overweight, but happy news is I loss my weight from 85 kg to 82 - 83 kg.(in one month) I am not gym person. I go for walk, jogging, squatting all summed up in 30 mins session. Doctor, last month I missed my period too. Doc prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate. And I get my periods back. She advised me for weight reduction. Pls tell me about different ideas about boosting the weight reduction programme. Thanks.
New Year’s resolutions are a bit like babies: They’re fun to make but extremely difficult to maintain.
It's hard to keep up the enthusiasm months after, but it's not impossible. This year, pick one of the following worthy resolutions, and stick with it.
Here’s to your health!
- Lose weight
The fact that this is perennially among the most popular resolutions suggests just how difficult it is to commit to. But you can succeed if you don’t expect overnight success.
Also, plan for bumps in the road. Use a food journal to keep track of what you eat and have a support system in place.
- Quit smoking
Fear that you've failed too many times to try again? Talk to any ex-smoker, and you’ll see that multiple attempts are often the path to success.
Try different methods to find out what works. And think of the cash you’ll save! (We know you know the enormous health benefit).
- Save money
Save money by making healthy lifestyle changes. Walk or ride your bike to work, or explore carpooling. (That means more money in your pocket and less air pollution.)
Cut back on gym membership costs by exercising at home.
Take stock of what you have in the fridge and make a grocery list. Aimless supermarket shopping can lead to poor choices for your diet and wallet.
- Cut your stress
A little pressure now and again won’t kill us; in fact, short bouts of stress give us an energy boost. But if stress is chronic, it can increase your risk of—or worsen—insomnia, depression, obesity, heart disease, and more.
Long work hours, little sleep, no exercise, poor diet, and not spending time with family and friends can contribute to stress.
- Cut back on alcohol
While much has been written about the health benefits of a small amount of alcohol, too much tippling is still the bigger problem. (In fact, binge drinking seems to be on the rise.)
Drinking alcohol in excess affects the brain’s neurotransmitters and can increase the risk of depression, memory loss, or even seizures.
Chronic heavy drinking boosts your risk of liver and heart disease, hypertension, stroke, and mental deterioration, and even cancers of the mouth, throat, liver, and breast.
- Get more sleep
You probably already know that a good night’s rest can do wonders for your mood—and appearance. But sleep is more beneficial to your health than you might realize.
A lack of sleep has been linked to a greater risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes. And sleep is crucial for strengthening memories (a process called consolidation).
So take a nap—and don’t feel guilty about it.
The joys and rewards of vacations can last long after the suitcase is put away. "We can often get stuck in a rut, and we can’t get out of our own way".
But travelling allows us to tap into life as an adventure, and we can make changes in our lives without having to do anything too bold or dramatic.
- Be Happy As much you can
Live your life. Be happy as you can be, let go of the things that don't matter, and fight.
Now for more information search for ssohm on internet.