Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. AaradhyaYour feedback matters!
I eat a lot of stuff throughout the day. But still I am thin. Can you suggest some measures to grow fat?
Stop smoking, reduce alcohol consumption to once a week (two drinks only, it is better if avoid alcohol).
Control your existing illnesses like diabetes and hypertension by dedicated dieting and regular consultation with your physician.
Physical activity: 40 minutes a day, minimum 5 days a week. Stop junk foods completely, reduce sugar, salt and oil consumption.
Sleep well (5-8 hours). Everybody has a different biological clock. A refreshing night's sleep varies from person to person. For some 5 hours is enough, for some they need 8 hours. Find out which person you are and start sleeping for the correct time.
I am only 42 kgs after my c-section delivery but still My belly got little big. Doctor suggested to lie on stomach and did it. Still I got little tummy fat in stomach. How could I reduce that?
I getting over weight since long and doing little exercise. Can you suggest the diet for me to reduce weight and some exercise in deep.
Hello Sir/madam I am suffering from diabetes since 9 years, I take insulin from the beginning. I just married last month My questions is -agar mere baby hota hai, to kya uska v diabetes ho sakta hai? Please tell me how much chances?
I am taking acitrom 4 mg for pulmonary embolism. My PT INR before fasting was 1.46 I did Lemon honey juice fasting for 9 days during which time I discontinued Acitrom for 12 days . After fasting I started taking food for 3 days and checked PT INR without medication was 1.09. Have I improved my health ? Please tell me this Lemon honey Juice fasting has helped me ?
Dear guides, Am 23old, my weight 55kg and my height 183cm, I eat well, I don't skip my meals, but no important, what can I do? please tel any tonic or food. Help me.
I just want to lose weight, I am facing lot's of problems due to my over weight so please advise me what I do at present.
I am 19 year male. I have health related issues. I got easily catch by any disease and my growth is also not according to my age. Please tell me what I should do.
What is PCOD?
PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a disorder that causes innumerable hormonal disorders. It causes disruption in the normal menstrual cycle, often delaying it. Having been diagnosed with PCOD makes a woman prone to diabetes, cholesterol and cancer. A large number of cysts develop on the ovaries which enlarge when afflicted by this condition. PCOD can increase the chances of severe muscle spasms during one’s periods.
Causes Of PCOD-
The cysts are mostly caused due to hormonal changes and fluctuations.
It could be genetic.
PCOD can also be a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that includes little rest, inadequate sleep and unwholesome diet lacking in the right nutrients.
Symptoms Of PCOD-
Difficulty in losing weight
Excessive hair on body as well, including chest, stomach and back
Irregular menstrual cycle. Women may miss their periods, or bleed more than once a month
Extremely heavy bleeding
Severe pain and muscular cramps during menstruation
Problems getting pregnant
High blood pressure
Other serious hormonal disorders
It can lead to diabetes
It can lead to repeated miscarriages
A major risk of PCOD if left untreated, is that it can lead to endometrial cancer
Diet For PCOD-
A healthy diet along with physical activities and abstinence from smoking can help to reduce the symptoms of PCOD and prevent the disease.
Increase the intake of fresh, green vegetables.
Cutting down on junk, fried food and most importantly, processed food.
Abstaining from or greatly reducing the intake of alcohol.
Including lots of fibre, roughage in the diet.
Cutting down on sugary, aerated drinks.
Including lean proteins in the diet.
Reduce dairy products as milk may raise the levels of testosterones in the body.
Reducing or eliminating consumption of caffeine may help to increase chances of a fertile reproductive system.
Prevent yourself from giving in to unhealthy food cravings. Eat small healthy meals at regular intervals.
Include fruits, nuts and colourful veggies in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am , 39 years i, and last 3 months i noticed that my weight loosing very badly , with this i am feeling hungry and thrust . I should have to go for toilet several time . I visit my house physician and he asked me to do several test including sugar . I found my fasting sugar is 250 and pp sugar is 450 . Now also my cholesterol and triglyceride little high . For your information last few years I was addicted with alcohol, but last year suddenly I stopped drinking totally . After that i found some problem like constipation and little nerve problem and sleeping irregularity. Please advice me what to do
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Cause: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.