Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Treatments For Birds
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Zeemulla H RYour feedback matters!
Sir my dog has got canine parvo virus and it has been cured now total 1 month has been over after treatment today I have taken it for first time vaccination they have given rakshab and something like meg---- is there any need to go for deworming of puppy which was just 5- 6 months old.
My pug is not behaving well and also not eating as she eats normally, it happens from last 2 weeks when she started suffering from her periods, what can I do for her any ideas? Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
At home to know that your dog is fit, alert & free from any kind of ailments, you must monitor the following factors-
1. Playful, active, alert & response adequately to your calls
2. A sound appetite denoting a good health status.
3. Learn how to measure rectal temperature. A rectal temperature must not be lower than 99'F and should not cross 102'F.
4. Water intake is normal.
5. Urination, defecation should be upto the mark.
6. Tip of the nose will be bright, cool & moistened enough.
If all these factors say you that your dog is absolutely fine, you may consider nothing bad is waiting to be happened at the early hours.
Hi I have a golden 3 years old female labrador retriever suddenly from last two days some small amount of blood is coming from her mouth from last two days some blood and blood clotting also came with her which os stopped now but still mouth is bleeding though its very less but I cam feel ther eis some serious problem yesterday we asked one vet who injected three injection those perhaps antibiotics. AOne thing she is eating properly little lazy but behaving purely normal. Please advice.
My dog had completed 90 days yesterday. My uncle is guiding me on it bcaus I dont have idea about the dogs and I wanted to take him outside for walk. They had said not to take him outside for walk. May I take him outside for walk now?
I have a 13 years old pomeranian bitch. She had stopped eating since a few weeks. On getting her blood tested and sonography, reports say that her kidney is weak and urea level is high. What should I do?
Hi doctors, what are the precautions must be taken for German shepherd dogs in summer, especially how to overcome the over heat from their body. Thank you.
It is fairly easy to keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy provided that you regularly take care of your pet and go for frequent health check-ups. Moreover, conducting regular checks at your home will also go a long way in identifying a problem in its nascent stage.
Here are five tips to ensure that your dog’s dental health remains perfect.
1) Prevent tooth decay - If your dog frequently consumes plaque-forming food products, it can lead to subsequent build up on its teeth and ultimately lead to certain problems such as tooth loss, gingivitis and receding gums. Ensure that you clean your dog’s teeth on a daily basis in order to avoid any form of tooth decay.
2) Check your dog’s breath - Although dog breath is usually not pleasant; if your dog smells unusually foul, you should get a check-up done. Moreover, observe if this foul breath is coupled with other issues such as vomiting, excessive urinating or sudden loss of appetite.
3) Encourage your dog to play with chew toys - Chew toys assist in providing stronger teeth to your pet, while giving a perfect massage for its gums. In addition, continuous chomping helps remove soft tartar and thus keeps teeth clean. Nylon, rubber and rawhide chew toys are the safest for your dog.
4) Identify signs of oral disease - A number of oral diseases can be prevented or controlled if they are diagnosed at an early stage. Major symptoms of almost all oral diseases are loose teeth, swollen gums, foul breath, excessive drooling, tumours in the gums and cysts under the tongue.
5) Carefully examine your dog’s teeth and gums - Healthy gums of a dog are indicated by the fact that they are pink in colour and have no signs of swelling. As for the teeth, they should not have any traces of tartar. Carry out this teeth and gum examination each week by lifting your dog’s lips and observing carefully.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
If a dog get fractured in his back. He is in great pain, even painkillers are not working. How many chances he have for survive?
I am living in apartment. My neighbor dog is occasionally barking and kind of crying over the alternate night. What is supposed to do for solving the dog problem ?
My golden retreiver is having hot spot which is recuring in nature i have even provided him lixen and regular haircuts but again when hair grows his skin problems comes back , kindly help me , is there any permanent cure?
What can I do if my dogs fever is too high? Will benadryl help lower a fever? And I am not feeling well when I ate some oil pieces.
I want to know the reason for the death of my dog Bread: Labrador Cross Sex: Bitch Age: 20-03-2004 (12.5 years) Symptoms. stuffy got blind 4 Months ago but it was health. Before 1 months it was very hungry and urinating a lot. And a tumour on the tail and became very thin. Before one day it was health. I fed it with curd Rice, Pedigree Senior and milk (mixed) in the evening and rice in the night. It vomited the pedigree milk with in an hour. Before the dinner. After dinner it vomited 4 times color yellow. And in the morning it around 5 it started shouting with pain and biting her tail. Her two back legs were no working. She was unable to get up She was shouting and biting the tail. Finally when all of them seen them it took rest and kept her tongue out. And was not giving any movement. tongue became all black. I want to know the reason what is a sudden cause for the vomiting and pain and death. Happened 22-08-16.
My dog is suffering from lipomas. And due to his health he cannot be operated. So what should I do to save my dog? Please advise.
Any change in normal behavior suggesting either undue aggression or depression.
Running aimlessly and attacking others without provocation.
Becomes too drowsy and withdraws to a corner.
Change in voice/bark.
Refusal to feed or eating objects like stone, paper, wood, metal pieces etc.
My 9 year Spitz dog was suddenly attacked by another much bigger dog nearby my house. Immediatly my dog cried loudly and I found that its forelegs are trailing. Although I am getting treatment from a Vet docter but no releafe is observed. My dog is unable do fully strech its fore legs please guide.
Hello sir, I have a 55 days old puppy(GSD and rot mix). Its stomach is always hot and there are some boils also. She is done with the first vaccination and deworming.She weighs 1.6 kg. My Vet says it is under weight. I am giving ostropet and pet glow twice a day. My area of concern is : 1. Boils 2. It is so hot when I touch the stomach. 3. Puppy always sleeps and it bites us a lot. How do we avoid? 4. When shall I start training my puppy? Regards Ramya
Yesterday my dog attacked a dirty pig and i think my st. Bernard had broken pigs one leg and eaten. Consult me if it is dangerous for my pet or not?
- Never leave a pet in a car/vehicle alone, even for few minutes. The temperature inside the car goes up substantially compared to outside temperature and can cause life threatening heat stroke in pets.
- Change timings of walks – switch to early morning walks before sun heats up, and late in the night when environment cools down – May be 8AM-8PM!
- Keep ample drinking water available all the time for the pets!
- If you are housing your pets in A/C rooms, make sure to avoid “Temperature Shock”. I.E. Do not take them out immediately from a A/C room, or vice versa. Switch off the A/C let the room temperature become normal and then take them out, so as to minimize temperature difference to which pets are exposed.
- Watch out for TICKS! - Summer is active tick season, and it is better to be safe than sorry. Talk to us for the preventive strategies for tick infestations so as to protect your pets from the tick borne diseases.