Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yogeshwarappa
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. YogeshwarappaYour feedback matters!
I got laser mole removal on my nose 2 weeks ago. I waz told that a swab will occur and fall off after 4- 5 days n dates oll. Bt now swab has fallen bt the mark has remained. Is it happens or something wrong wid me. Tia.
Can you please suggest me some home remedies to get rid of old mosquito bite scars from my legs? I used hexilak silicone gel, applied it on the spots for quite sometime now but it doesn't help much. Do you know any quick way to get rid of them? Thank you so much :)
I am 19 years boy. I have red patches called dena on my face and private parts from last 3 months. I am using licozac cream ,zole it 200 tab, ketostar soap from yesterday onwards. I want to know that in how many days I will het relief from this vulgar disease .Please guide me for this .Thank you.
Hii I am 20 years old boy. Previously I was having acne on my face. After that I got over from it. But now a days these are again started occurring. I want to know which moisturizer and facewash should I use? Using ponds facewash is ok?
Large size of blisters are form in foot suddenly before 10 days and now it's relaxble. But still a lot of water comes with bad smell & foot is painful. What kind of Doctor can treat it. Please help me I am a patient of diabetes also.
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!