Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yogesh Singh
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh SinghYour feedback matters!
Iam 41/Male.Iam having lot of pain near the knees of my left leg, this pain rises when I climb down from stairs however during climb up there is no pain. Kindly advice
Movement of the human body is possible through various joints which work in coordination to allow for smooth painless movement. However, with age, these muscles and tendons undergo wear and tear which gradually leads to tender swollen joints and painful movement.
The knee is the largest human joint and most of the body movements (walking, running, squatting, sitting, etc.) are only possible because of the flexible knee cap. Whether with age or with injury or trauma, if the knee is affected, then total knee replacement (TKR) would be required.
Indications: With a success rate of almost 98%, knee replacement almost seems magical for arthritis patients.
Wear and tear of the knee leading to arthritis. This causes all knee movements to be painful, which can be especially distressing at night.
Injury or trauma where the knee joint is damaged beyond repair.
What to expect during surgery?
- Once it is decided that surgery is required, the doctor will brief you on what to expect before, during, and after the surgery.
- The operation is done under combined signal epidural anaesthesia, so 3 days admission is required in the hospital.
- The damaged portion of the knee is removed and this is replaced with an implant which is made up of titanium and cobalt chromium.
- Hospital stay can vary from 3 to 5 days depending on overall condition of the person.
- Most patients will be able to do basic movement on the very next day of the surgery.
- Ice pack and painkillers can be applied to control swelling.
- The pain will be completely gone within 15 days.
- In the beginning, walking with the support of parallel bars is advised (walker). This can be followed by the use of cane for the first few days to avoid overload and damage to the knees.
- Most people can walk the next day, though it is advisable to use a cane for the first few weeks so that knee can strengthen to support the load.
- Regular postoperative visits should be scheduled for up to 2 months after surgery.
- In addition, it is extremely important to draw up an exercise regimen and follow it to sustain and improve mobility.
- In the absence of regular exercise, there could be stiffness of the joint which can set in and further aggravate the situation
- Driving is permissible only after the doctor's advice.
Let your doctor know before going for any surgical procedure (including dental work) as people with TKR should have antibiotic coverage before any procedure.
Hello sir/ madam I am 22 years old I feel insomnia becoz of that I can not wake early in morning so kindly help me in this.
I am having pain in my knees since last five months. Regularly I can walk, run etc. But when I getup from sitting position I feel pain. I am 40 years old and my weight is about 58 to 60 kgs. What could be the reason?
I have pain at right knee when I climb or depend staircases. It is for the past 4 days onwards Should I take a medical opinion. If so immediately or need to observe for some more time.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder of the joints characterized by swelling, inflammation and pain in the joints. This disorder is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune cells of the body start to view the tissues of the body as a potential threat.
Homeopathy treats this condition very effectively as it focuses on treating the cause of the disorder. The remedies in homeopathy moderate the overactive immune system and thus help in reducing inflammation in the bones. The homeopathic practitioner starts the diagnosis by enquiring about your medical history, symptoms, working environment and provides treatment accordingly.
The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Calcarea carbonica: Arthritis that leads to formation of nodes in the affected joint, accompanied by symptoms, which aggravate during damp weather, is very effectively remedied by this particular homeopathic medicine.
- Arnica: Arnica is a homeopathic remedy that is used to treat symptoms of chronic arthritis where you experience a sore feeling on a regular basis. The symptoms tend to worsen if you touch the affected area.
- Bryonia: If you have a throbbing pain in your joints, then bryonia is recommended. The symptoms tend to worsen in cold weather.
- Calcarea fluorica: This remedy is recommended if the pain tends to improve with the application of heat. The symptoms include swelling of the joints and formation of nodes. It is especially used if the arthritis develops after an injury.
- Kali carbonicum: If the joints are extremely stiff with the pain aggravating during the early morning hours, then this remedy is prescribed. It also helps if the symptoms tends to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is prescribed in cases where the intensity of the pain keeps on fluctuating and also if the pain is not localized. The symptoms tend to worsen in warm conditions and improve in cold conditions.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron is recommended if the symptoms of arthritis tend to flare up and aggravate in cold conditions. Generally the pain increases during the early morning hours or if you stay stationary for a long time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!