Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi. Is there any problem in smoking? I have fatty liver. I took med udiliv150 for a month. Sgot and sgpt are coming down now. Can I drink again?
I am 43 years old lady. My husband is also same years. We have enjoyed a good conjugal life. But sometimes, we are in a tense mood. What is the proper way we accept for contraception?
Any home remedy for acne scars and whiteheads my daughter is suffering from acne scars and whiteheads she had 8-10 laser but not clear the acne scare and whitehead.
My father is 62 year old and admitted 10 days before at kailash cancer hospital at vadodara, but day by day his health got worst and today at 10: 15 pm shifted to icu. He is loosing his pulse to 35-50 instead of 90-95. So he has been put on ventilator and now pulse results to 90-95. He has been diagnosed tuberculosis (tb) before 2 weeks and have been given dots tablets from tb hospital at gotri, vadodara. His x-ray of chest shows that 80% of his lungs are been affected by tuberculosis so he is not taking oxygen and that's the reason loosing brain and heart regular work. Here doctors have said me that he will not survive more because lungs are not working, only 20 % lungs are working but not taking oxygen to body's required. So please guide me immediately what should I do to survive my father's health and make him strong and health again. Please reply. Regards
i can't read more than two hours due to weakness. Please say how to make my mind and body active and strong.
I am 28 years old and now I have done my surgery for stone at my urine bag (don't now name part of body) now feeling better. So kindly suggest diet chart for better health in future.
Obesity is a condition where a person has accumulated so much body fat that it might have a negative effect on their health. If a person's bodyweight is at least 20% higher it is considered as obese. And body mass index (bmi) is between 25 and 29.9 is considered as overweight. And bmi is 30 and above is considered as obese. Some of the causes were;
Lack of energy balance, an inactive lifestyle, environmental factors like long work schedules and oversized food portions, genes and family history, health conditions like hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos, medications, emotional factors, smoking, ageing, and lack of sleep etc.
1. Make healthy food choices minding calories in needs and focusing of balance of energy in and out.
2. Be active with regular physical activities like jogging cycling or running
3. Reduce screen time like 2 hours or less a day is recommended.
4. Keep track of body weight periodically.
ÏI have a problem regarding my health I am now 18 years old and my weight is 46 kg, so please suggest me some.
Small white/skin colored boils/pimples on testicles. Pain when pressed. They are hard and nothing comes out when pressed. About 8-10 of them. Been there for last 3-4 years.
Ghee is a good fat! if you know how to use It.
- Ghee, which is known as ‘ghrita’ in ayurveda, is described as ‘the best’ among lipid. Media due to its quality of inheriting and enhancing the drug potency. It is given Foremost importance for internal usage in diet or as an adjuvant medicine.
- It is extensively used in ayurvedic practice, especially in degenerative, chronic and Deep-seated diseases.
- Ghee is used as medicine by itself or as media for extraction, absorption and Assimilation of any medicine. It is used as medicine when qualities of lipids and fats Are required for treatment. It is used as solvent or base for extraction of herbo-mineral Active principles. It is used as media for absorption of lipid soluble vitamins or other Active principles in the food or medicine. It is also used as a carrier media in certain medicines to facilitate the transport of active principles across the cell membrane, which is permeable only to lipid molecules, e. G, the blood-brain barrier where transport of ‘medhya’ (which promote intellect and memory) medicines is possible if the drug is processed in lipid media.
- Ghee is used in different doses for different purposes at different timings in ayurvedic treatment. It is given in larger doses on empty stomach without food for the purpose of cleansing the body by panchakarma procedures. Whereas, if it is to increase the bulk of the body, then it is given in small quantities mixed with food. Similarly, if it is used as medicine to alleviate some disease process, then it is given in moderate doses on empty stomach.
The relevance of such usage of ghee in this era of ‘cholesterol threat’ can be explained as follows:
- Even though ghee is an animal fat, studies have shown that the larger doses given for cleansing purpose do not increase the level of ‘bad’ cholesterol, ldl. Instead, this increased the ‘good’ cholesterol hdl or sometimes did not alter the lipid profile at all.
- Alleviating doses of medicated ghee is helpful in absorption and transport of lipid soluble active principles across cell membranes, which are permeable only to lipid media. Also, ghee has the ability to increase the levels of fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamin e in the blood which is an important antioxidant in preventing oxidation of ldl in the sub-endothelial space of arteries and thus, preventing atherosclerosis and the consequent heart attack or stroke.
- Bulk promoting doses of ghee are used where there is indication for that, especially in a lean and emaciated person. In such cases, there will be deficiency of fats and fat- soluble principles. Moreover, even though ldl is depicted as ‘bad’ cholesterol, it is required in its non-oxidized form to build and repair the cell wall and hence, for all structural units in the body. So, administration of ghee in such persons will fulfill the deficient principles to build, maintain and repair those structural units.
- Many enzymes and hormones are also released and activated by lipids in gi tract and blood. Ghee stimulates biliary secretion and contraction of gall bladder. It nourishes Gi mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
- Thus, usage of ghee in suitable conditions with suitable doses of suitable preparations will render thousands of benefits due to nullification of toxins and toxic effects of drugs; increased absorption, transportation and bio-availability of the drugs used and also by acting as a media to dissolve and enhance the efficacy of the active principles in the drugs used. Hence, usage of ghee explained in ayurveda is very appropriate, if
- It is used judiciously by considering the indications and contra-indications properly.
My lever is fatty grade III since one month. I eat fatty / fried items very less since long time. I hav problem of knee. Q. 1. How to loose weight. Q. 2. Whether knee problem develop if we do not eat fat/oil / ghee etc.
Hello doctor im loosing my hair. Its falling from my fore head also. Many hairs are falling too much please suggest me to recover it back. thank you.
Feel pain under heel while standing and walking. Strength of leg is reduced. I am 68 yrs. Old man. Pl. Help me to overcome these problems. Regards.
I got some pimple marks on my face. Hence my skin looks so rough. Suggest something to get al soft skin.
Munch on these lip smacking evening snacks:
- Spicy tangy aloo chaat- Potatoes, unless fried, have an array of health benefits. Boiled or mashed potatoes can be used to make aloo chaat for an evening snack. Potatoes are rich in nutrients like potassium, copper, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin B3, and vitamin C. The best part is consumption of boiled or baked potatoes can keep your tummy satisfied for a considerable amount of time. Aloo chaat is easy to make; one can add cucumber, tomato, coconut shavings, peanuts, mint chutney, herbs, lemon juice to diced boiled potatoes to enjoy an evening meal. For flavor, you might even add tomato sauce.
- Munch on some dry fruits- Dry fruits are high in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Having a handful of dry fruit is good for your bowel movements and especially for your skin. It is known to regulate a person's cholesterol levels. People suffering from anemia should have nuts regularly and experience the health benefits.
- Upma is a healthy snack- Upma made from suji can keep you fit while fulfilling your hunger. It takes time to digest and thus you feel full for quite some time. This kind of snack will raise your energy levels preventing you from being slackened. It is also great for your kidney health. Suji among Indians is also prepared as a dessert containing lots of sugar. Preparing Upma can keep you safe from the ill- effects of sugar.
- Poha is filling and nutritious- Poha is a dish that originated in the land of Maharashtra. It is easy to make and is not time- consuming at all. One may use very little oil while cooking this dish and still have a tasty snack to eat. The dish usually contains vegetables like beans, carrots, and peas and therefore has a high mineral content. It supplies you with iron, necessary carbohydrates and also with vitamin B.
- Adai is rich in protein- Lentils and rice in communion can gift us with wonderful snack recipes. A mix of lentil and rice can be used to make an iron and protein rich snack named adai. This snack is a reliable source of fiber, legumes and carbohydrates. It has a rich taste and flavor and can be had with a tomato and coriander dip.
- Spiced corn cobs- Corn cobs are the easiest solution to rumbling tummies. One may spice it with salt, chili powder and a generous amount of lemon juice. Corn cobs defend your body against hemorrhoids and colorectal cancer.