Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yesheswini KamarajuYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, my mom had got paralysed since 10 years now slowly slowly she is losing her memory power so what should we do now?
Actually last month my brother in law aged 44 expired due to metastatic cancer in pancreas & intrahepatic cancer in liver. I was surprised to see that being a fully fit man without any disease. Now I am very much tensed that it could happen with any one. Pl suggest me which/what type of test/treatment could be taken up as a precautionary step.
Older people are at a higher risk of developing mental disorders as with age the neurology of the brain tends to deteriorate. Various physical illnesses, such as chronic pain and bone disorders which are common in older people can restrict their ability to live an independent life. Most of the diseases that affects older people tend to require long term care.
Other causes of mental disorders are events like death of near ones, disabilities or a reduction in socioeconomic status. These factors can make them isolated and lonely leading to psychological problems in the elderly. Physical diseases such as heart problems may also lead to mental problems.
With respect to the above points, you may follow these pointers to stay away from mental disorders:
- Physical exercise: It is very important to stay active as it has multiple health benefits. A sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in the body. In case of movement restrictions, focus on doing simple activities like walking and moving about as replacement for regular exercise.
- Food: Food is important to mental health as they provide the necessary nutrients to the body. Add almonds to your diet as they contain vitamin B6 which is very good for the brain. Omega 3 and Omega-6 acids in almonds also contribute to brain health. Eat a diet that is low in fat, focus on simple and natural foods.
- Communicate: Take up a hobby or participate in social gatherings to get more involved with people. These activities will keep your mind occupied and stimulate your brain. It will reduce the risks of depression and related disorders.
- Remove negative emotions: Try to avoid negative emotions as they are the major source of depression. Take up meditation as their effect on improving mental health is well known. Focus on the positives in every experience to be content and happy. Negative emotions can lead to serious mental problems such as depression and anxiety disorders.
i am suffering from mental depression please help me out. That why sometimes I want screaming and cry.
My friend loves a girl. She also loved him. But she cheated him and married an another guy. Now he is not disturbing her. But she again disturbs him. He fear so much about that. What should we do. please give me suggestion. Is this better to go for police station.
Depression is a prolonged feeling of sadness, a depressed person may lose or gain weight significantly, the depressed person may even exhibit suicidal tendencies.
1. Depression is rapidly becoming common amongst teenagers and millions suffer from it.
2. it is estimated that 10-15% of teenagers experience depression before reaching adulthood and most of these teens many even take to substance abuse.
3. Teenagers can become depressed due to various reasons, like trying to make new friends, failing to meet unrealistic goals, and even family expectation may also lead to depression.
Here are 11 signs indicating a teenager may be depressed:
1. Change in appetite
Change in appetite is a sign of depression in teenagers
Is your teenager eating too much or too little? if yes, then he/she may be suffering from depression. 5 if the behavior continues for more than two weeks then you should seek professional medical advice for your child.
2. Social withdrawal
Your teenager can be depressed if he/she recently started to avoid friends and social gatherings. If your teen prefers isolation and spends most of his time in a confined space then he/she is suffering from depression. Talk to your child and ask them to speak about the problem that is troubling him/her.
Also, seek the advice of a psychologist or psychiatrist to better understand the underlying problem and solve it.
3. Too much or too little sleep
Change in sleep patterns is a sign of depression in teenagers
A teenager who sleeps too little or too much can be at risk of depression. 6 depression affects the sleep pattern and if it continues for long your teenager runs the risk of affecting his memory. 7
4. Poor performance in school
Deteriorating grades, avoiding participation in sporting or extra-curricular activities are all signs of depression. If the teacher complains about your child’s poor performance in school or regular absenteeism from classes then your child may be suffering from depression.
5. Frequent physical pains
If the teenager complains of frequent physical pains then he/she may be depressed
Frequent physical pain such as limb pain, joint pain, and back pain are signs of underlying depression. 8 if your teenager complains of regular physical pains then he/she may be depressed.
6. Excessive late night activities
Keep a check on your teenager’s late-night activities. If you notice a sudden increase in the number of late-night activities and if your child is coming home late than usual, then he/she may be depressed.
You should be worried as your child may even take to substance abuse. Talk to your child to understand their problem. Also, seek professional advice immediately.
7. Thoughts of death or suicide
A teenage may be depressed if he/she shows suicidal tendencies
If your teenager talks about death and suicide then chances are high that he/she is depressed. Suicide because of depression is one of the leading reason for deaths among teenagers. 9
8. Lack of energy
You should be worried if your teenager, who was once active, starts showing the lack of energy. Your child may exhibit lazy behavior and he/she may not enjoy their favorite activities.
Setup timeout error: setup took longer than 30 seconds to complete.
9. Hostile behavior
A depressed teen may exhibit hostile behavior
An aggressive behavior or a hostile approach towards family, friends or strangers is a sign of underlying depression. You should talk to your teenager politely and try to understand the reason for their behavior. You should seek a professional advice if the behavior continues for more than two weeks.
10. Feeling of guilt
It is another sign of depression in teenagers. If your teenager is feeling guilty about something for far too long than usual, then he/she may be depressed. The teenager may feel guilty for little things like dropping their friend’s ice-cream on the ground or for something they may not have done at all.
Depressed teenagers may show signs of hopelessness
Teenagers who exhibit no optimism towards life and future may be depressed. If your child is showing signs of hopelessness then you should be worried. Talk to your child to understand their problems. Also, seek professional advice to solve the problem.
If you think your teenager is suffering from depression, then consult an expert medical professional immediately. Chances of recovering from depression are high if you seek professional advice.