Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Yatish KumarYour feedback matters!
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 9 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello I am from dhaka, bangladesh. My mother (54 years) was diagnosed with lung cancer 4th stage (metastatic adenocarcinoma) one month ago. She was going through dry cough for like 3 months so further investigation like biopsy confirmed it's lung cancer. But we didn't rely on our country's (bangladesh) report. So we went to apollo specialty hospital, chennai, india an ran pet ct scan followed by tapping as she had fluid in her lungs and then again biopsy. This time during the biopsy, my mother caught pneumothorax. So the doctor admitted her to emergency and inserted a tube in her backside. They called it drainage system. This will let the fluid come out of her lungs along with air that entered through pneunothorax. They kept the tube for 3/4 days and then released it. Now the doctor asked to do the chemotherapy. I get scared whenever I hear about chemotherapy. Is it the only way out? will this chemotherapy be effective for a long time? I did few researches over internet about the survival rate of lung cancer patient and it seems to be very low. Now I will write you the comments of pet ct scan and biopsy. 1. Pet ct scan: a) hypermetabolic primary mass in lingula b) hypermetabolic pleural metastases with effusion in left hemithorax. C) hypermetabolic metastatic paraaortic with non fdg avid left hilar nodes. D) no other demonstrable metabolically active disease in whole body survey. F) imaging is suggestive of bronchogenic malignancy in lingula segment of left lung with nodal and pleural metastases (t2an2m1a- stage iv) 2. Biopsy report: a) biopsy from left lung mass: consistent with adenocarcinoma, grade ii: ct guidedbiopsy from left lung mass. So what do you think, is it controllable? it is very worse? I want her to live. What kind of chemotherapy would you suggest? apart from chemo, is there any other way to treat or control it along with the chemo? I heard there is some drug called terceva. Internet says it treated their fourth stage cancer. I don't know but I am seeking your help regarding this
I am 56 year adult person. My problem is this I have urine frequently specially in night often it come out on bed just like night fall. Please suggest me some medicine. My prostrate is 26 gm.
I am 20 years old girl, suffering from leukemia is there any cure/ treatment/ medicine for improving my health?
Colorectal cancer has some factors associated with it such as alcohol and red meat consumption. Westernisation of dietary patterns familial history and environmental pollution.
The underlying cause is consumption of items like deep fried food are difficult to digest and the toxins stay in the colon which later develop into cancer.
Sir my age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that does adrenal gland cancer also cause numbness and excessive tingling in hands and feet along with all symptoms?
Sir. I want to know about complete cancer check up. How should I go about that? Thanks and regards Kuldeep sharma.
Once breast cancer operation done is there any chance to repeat cancer? Which test to be done in future?
My age is 80 years and large prostate. I am taking Dutas T for last 2-3 years and urine flow is mostly normal. Is Excess of Dutas T is harmful?
I am having tightness in my right breast from past 2 days. I felt like a knot in my breast. Then I took a hot bag as it was paining allot. Now the tightness is less. And I can feel the pain only when I touch it. Little redness was there. But no excretion was there from my breast.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.
3.7 mm dense focus seen in the right pelvis - Soft tissue classification / calculus. Urinary bladder is mildly distended . NO focal lesion seen. Prostate is normal in size and attenuation. No focal lesion seen. Please advise if I need surgery or just medicine?
The most dreadful part of getting to work and getting back home in the evening is the being stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress levels, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health-
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues and a weakened immune system that makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and over eating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions is accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in cases where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter are inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the blood stream. Long term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body including a higher risk to cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the setting of the ac of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic.
Antiperspirants can cause breast cancer
A) True or False
You may have heard that chemicals in antiperspirants can get into your body through razor nicks and cause breast cancer. If this idea makes you break out in a cold sweat, here’s some peace of mind: Experts say there’s no evidence this is true.