Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. YathishYour feedback matters!
My grand mother of age 73 suffered from Ovarian cancer stage - 2. As she is very old so we are totally confused if we apply for chemo, then she already have a low Immune , so she can not tolerate . But if we do not treat anything than she will quickly enter into cancer phase - 3. So please suggest in this regard shall we go for a chemo treatment or we will give her some ayurvedic pills. Onemre important thing is after we have found the ovarian phase 2 cancer we have made immediate surgery of entire ovary. Now she is feeling improved health but we are unsure how many days we can keep her safe with out Chemo. Your valuable advice will be highly appreciated.
Melanoma is a condition which mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
Melanoma is common in young women and causes many deaths.
More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Primary causes Melanoma may be caused primarily due to these causes:
The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
Ultraviolet UV light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
Avoid the sun at peak hours.
Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
Keep away from tanning salons. Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 7 month pregnant I have feel pain when I touch my left breast side near my armpit in particular side. In whole pragnancy I have this pain. My left breast size also bigger than right. I have small lump in my left breast but Dr. Says its normal. So why I have pain in particular area. Please suggest me.
I am a 63 year old male detected with prostate problem - ct3anomo, ipsa -18-19, biopsy report/gleason score - 6. Question - what course of treatment - surgery, radiation and/or hormone therapy to accept so as to ensure least chances of incontinence and impotence.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats: Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
My father is 59 year age, his prostate psa is 10.35, wht are the reason to increase this. And how it can be control.
My mother suffering from breast cancer I want know about breast cancer what should I do for my mother.
I am 51 years old I have the small changes or inlargement in prostate gland and urin frequeny is 3 times in night withbeen 10; 30 pm -500AM.
My prostate size is 44 cc. I am taking Tasulin (0.4) once in night. But now a days I am not comfortable. What to do? Increase dose or change medicine.
What are risk factors for cancer? How is cancer treated? What are the side effects of cancer treatment.
In my recent CT scan I was found 1. Well defined hypotenuse lesion measuring 2 cms in lateral segment of right middle lobe. It is like same for the last six months, without any change. I am diagnosed with copd and emphysema. Is this lesion is due to pulmonary disease or cancer. My doctor here in puttaparthi is saying that it is a pulmonary. Please kindly clarify. I am using DS cancer research center Bangalore, ayurvedic medicine for the last five months, as a precaution. Please advise me.
I am suffering from Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. I underwent two month course of Urimax followed by 6 month course of Finasteride but the frequency of urination is not reduce. I am 68 and have no Diabetes. Walk 10 KMs per day and follow healthy lifestyle. Am a total teetotaler. What is the solution now ? Sonography has revealed only a very minor prostate enlargement.
I'm 50 yrs. Slightly I gained weight. I came from quiz that gaining what lead to cancer is real what diet I have to take give suggestion please.
Sir/Madam I have one problem. My chest is looks like as ladies breast. I feel ashamed in front of others during functions etc. How to remove that shapes and how to get original mans chest. Please give me a suggestion. Is there any treatment to it suggest me & cost also. If you do not mine tell me as early as possible.
What are the common cause of ovary cancer (malignant burner tumour of ovary) and symptoms does and don't.
Boy is having enlarged adenoids. Do these need to be removed surgically. How big is this surgery. Boy also catches cold easily and snores heavily while sleeping. The body immunity is not too sound as well. Can these all be the beads of same rosary?
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.