Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. YathishYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I want to ask about my problem I had been paining my breast for long time so suddenly I got my breast chequp so my report is not good I have a fibroadenoma problem so please tell me sir how can solve my problem because I don't want to operate.
I am 28 years old male, I gave up tabacoo 3 months ago, does still I have a risk for oral cancer due to tabacoo? If yes what is the solution.
I am 63 years diabetic. Type 1 since 15years having sugar level 190 ad 260pp taking humalog 20units morning 16 units night. I am bhp grade 1 with right renal lithiasis having stones of 7ad 9mm in right kidney. Due to enlarged prostrate I am facing frequent urination ad bladder is empty at one time. My hbaic is 8. 50 also having bp problems. One serious concern is erectile dysfunction ad premature ejaculaton. Can you suggest some safe medicine for ed ad premature ejaculate. For enlarged prostrate I am taking flotral alfuzion salt ad in addition to insulin I am taking vysov-, m ad diapride m-2. Please suggest safe medicine to cure the above problems. My lipid profile ad renal profile is normal. Please advise.
My uncle 44yrs age. Diabetic under control. Has been diagnosed after pelvic ultrasound, with inflamed Left Inguinal lymph node in medial region of about 18mmx8mm. Please advise.
I have ulcer problem .i do not smoke and do not drink alcohol .i have stomach pain literally .im afraid of stomach cancer .pls help me.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer.depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Does it make sense to get a comprehensive check done for cancer markers once you reach the age of 50?
Anal Cancer Treatment (PDQ®): Treatment - Patient Information [NCI]-General Information About Anal Cancer.
I have been having a small lump under the skin in my back just below my waist on the left side for about an year now. It is small and moves when touched. There is no pain though. I am just concerned that can it be symptoms of cancerous tumor? What type of a doctor should I visit. Your help is highly appreciated.
My mother had a bleeding from right brest nipple. So she had an operation by general surgeon 2 months before. Then in biopsy test it found cancer. Then we consulted dr.in jaipur. He had done surgery to remove full breast. Now he said there is no need to have any treatment because in IHC report Er.
What is the symptom of blood cancer? It can be cured? How many year they can survive? Do they will take tablets aways? Kindly answer me pls.
While you cannot cure breast diseases, family history and maturing, but there are some hazards or risks that you can control. Keeping in mind the fact that there is no certain approach to forestall breast cancer, there are things you can do that may bring down the hazard. Here are five approaches to ensure your breast's well-being:
- Watch your weight: Being overweight or hefty expands breast cancer chances. This is particularly true after menopause and for women who have put on weight as grown-ups. After menopause, the vast majority of your estrogen originates from fat tissue. Having more fat tissue can heighten your chances of getting breast cancer by raising the estrogen levels. Additionally, women who are overweight have a tendency to have more elevated amounts of insulin, than other hormones. Higher insulin levels have been associated with a few tumors, including breast cancer.
- Exercise routinely: Many reviews have found that exercise is the sign of having a healthy breast. Studies show that one to two hours of energetic walking each week, lessened a woman’s cancer risk by eighteen percent. Walking ten hours seven days decreased the hazard all the more.
- Constrain liquor: Women who have two to five mixed beverages every day have a higher danger of breast cancer than women who have just one drink a day or none . As much as three to six glasses of wine seven days have been found to somewhat increase breast cancer chances. It is not clear how or why liquor raises the hazard. In any case, constraining liquor is particularly essential for women who have other hazard variables for breast cancer, like, breast cancer running in their families.
- Restrain time spent sitting: Research has shown that sitting time, regardless of how much exercise you get when you are not sitting, increases the probability of growing cancer, particularly for women. Women who sit six hours or more a day outside of work have a ten percent more serious risk for breast cancer compared to the ladies who sit under three hours a day, and an increased hazard for other cancer types as well.
- Stay away from or confine hormone substitution treatment: Hormone Replacement Treatment (HRT) was utilized frequently in the past to control night sweats, hot flashes, and other troublesome manifestations of menopause. In any case, specialists now realize that postmenopausal ladies who take a blend of estrogen and progestin might probably create breast tumors or cancer. Breast cancer disease seems to come back within five years in the wake of ceasing the blend of hormones. Therefore, get a breast cancer test even if you feel a small lump.
My husband needs to go to urinate three times at night daily. Even during the day he urinates a lot. His prostate has enlarged. How can he solve this problem?
I'm 27 years old. I have fibroadenoma in left breast. And I have lump in forearm near elbow in left hand. Is it dangerous? What test I have to do further? Please answer me.
The formation of malignant cells in the larynx tissues leads to laryngeal cancer. Most tissue malignancy occur in the squamous cells (flat, thin cells inside the larynx lining). Men are more susceptible to laryngeal cancer than women.
Laryngeal cancer falls under the category of neck and head cancer. The risk factors of laryngeal cancer include:
- Using tobacco based products
- Drinking excessive alcohol
- Exposure to asbestos and sulphuric acid
The symptoms of laryngeal cancer are:
- Coughing or sore throat that does not heal (know more about Whooping Cough)
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Pain in the ears
- Throat or neck lumps
- Hoarseness in the voice
The conventional treatments for laryngeal cancer are radiation, chemotherapy and surgery.
Ayurvedic treatment can be used together with conventional therapies. Ayurvedic remedies have minimal side-effects and as such are safe. Usually, conventional therapies weaken the body. Fatigue is a common side-effect of harsh treatments like radiation and chemotherapy. As such, Ayurveda aims to bring the body back to balance by fighting the effects of harsh treatments that cause imbalances in the body. It hopes to achieve harmony through natural methods. It can increase energy, promote wellbeing, balance the body, mind and spirit, reduce stress and prevent the disease from returning.
Eating certain healthy food, herbs and professionally prescribed Ayurvedic remedies can help with cancer treatment. Besides healing your body from the inside, there are other important beneficial remedies that can prove to be useful. They include:
- Meditation can reduce blood pressure, anxiety and improve all around well-being.
- Yoga and pranayama is supremely helpful
- Oil massages with healing herbs and essential oils are good for the body and mind
Cancer treatment requires time and patience. You cannot hasten the process. If you are recovered or you are in the recovery phase, it is important not to fall back to the bad habits that put your body out of balance. So if you are on treatment, or done with the treatment, do not start smoking or drinking again. smoking and drinking harms the good effects and can lead to recurrence of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.