Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. YashodaYour feedback matters!
I have been getting a thick brown discharge from my vagina. It has a foul smell. I have been getting it since the 5th of October. And my periods are due on the 15th of october. Could you please help me? I'm very tensed. There are no other symptoms.
Around 8 months ago my wife undergone endometriosis treatment operation. Now for last 1 month there is some smelly water like liquid comes out from her belly. She is consulting an gynaecologist for last 1 year.
Hello Sir/ Madam, My age 29 yrs. I am a unmarried girl. My problem is- my menstrual timings is not good. Means my menstrual timings is every 20 - 22 days. And it's heavily bleeding. So after menstrual timing I feel weakness. So do the needful.
I am on birthcontrol pills since 7 months. My period is to come on 1st I had used protection on the first time the same day later during the second time we had unprotected sex though he did not ejaculate inside me. Do I need to take I pill in order to protect myself from pregnancy?
Does doing itching in vagina makes it loose as lips of vagina get swelled when I do itching but itching occurs vary rarely as I am not virgin when I do itching vagina shakes it goes ups and down does it makes it loose please tell me clearly.
My wife is having a problem. Since two days she noticed that a milky white discharge is coming out from her both nipples. We were intimate before 10-12 days without any protection. I want to know that whether she is pregnant or not.
Is it safe to see two different doctors during pregnancy, as I am a one month pregnant can I consult some other gynecologist, the present clinic is very far from my place and I am really getting exhausted.
Vitamin D is present in the skin and is considered to be a steroid hormone that is found in fortified foods and sun exposure. For years, it has been associated with bone health, but recent studies have revealed that it plays a major hand in mammal fertility as well. Research conducted by the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism has shown that Vitamin D plays a pivotal role in IVF procedures. It not only helps to produce good quality embryos, but also increases the success rate of implantation dramatically.
Study 1: Researchers followed 154 women who were vitamin D deficient and 181 women who had sufficient levels of vitamin D in their blood. The women who had sufficient vitamin D were nearly twice as likely to conceive through their IVF cycle as their deficient counterparts. Women who had vitamin D levels of at least 20 ng/ml in their blood were considered to have sufficient levels of the hormone. Levels of 30 ng/ml are recommended for general health.
Could Vitamin D also contribute to IVF success?
While the role of vitamin D infertility is less certain, an Italian study published in 2014 found that women undergoing IVF treatment with sufficient levels of vitamin D were more likely to produce high quality embryos, and nearly twice as likely to become pregnant. Although the researchers stated further studies were needed, the results indicated that low levels of vitamin D could contribute to infertility.
More recently, 11,500 women were evaluated in a European study examining the effect of the environment (temperature, rain and sunshine) on the outcomes of IVF treatment. The study found the birth rate improved for women exposed to more sunshine the month before the start of their IVF cycle, while the egg was maturing.
For the men, a link between vitamin D and sperm movement and function has also been identified.
What role does vitamin D play in pregnancy?
Vitamin D plays an important role in ensuring that the body has enough amount of calcium to conceive. For women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding, calcium ensures that the baby’s immune system and bones are strongly formed. Deficiency of vitamin D can lead to gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
Sources of vitamin D: Although the sun is the best source of vitamin D in an individual, it is recommended not to rely on it totally. Overexposure to sun rays can lead to skin cancer. Some food items from where the requisite amount of vitamin D can be obtained include eggs, dairy products, fatty fish etc. People who are critically deficient in vitamin D can go for vitamin D supplements.
Other lifestyle improvements for your fertility
While the importance of vitamin D in pregnancy and its link to IVF outcomes certainly gives couples something to think about, don’t overlook the well-established health and lifestyle improvements you can make to boost your natural fertility including quitting smoking, consuming alcohol in moderation, and maintaining a healthy weight.
If you are undergoing fertility treatment, your fertility specialist will likely have already organised a vitamin D blood test. For all other women trying to conceive, consult your IVF specialist for more information.
I am not take interest in intercourse. I was got married before 4 years. But after birth of my baby i. E. 2 years old I lost my interest in sex.
I have a problem. Whenever I try for the intercourse with my wife. In between.or during intercourse period my body does not get the proper satisfaction. What may be the reason.& also I make sexual relationship with my wife once or twice in a year. I never feel the sexual requirement. Why is it like this?
I have pcod problem I am trying to conceive my doctor suggested ovaa shield ds sustan capsules and my follicular study in day 17 is free fluid in pod and left dominant follicle collapsed
My friend having age 23 in her mensuration period there is no bleeding having white discharge so what happened.
I'm patient of seizure. I always taken ox maxetol 300 medicines. I wanted b mother ,will my baby safe? Nd Brest feeding me pb hoga all pls explain me I need help.
I had sex with my girlfriend before 7 days. And I have doubt that she has become pregnant because her period is not coming which comes every month near the date 10 day of the every month. So what I have to do because I don't want that she become pregnant.
Mera periods regular ni aata hai kyun? Mjhe thyroid ka v prblm hai Maine test v krwaya aur result 5.48 hai.
1. Eat lots of protein in your diet such as dal, soya been, eggs etc
2. Rule out any hormonal reason such as thyroid disorder etc.
3. Drink at least 7 liter water daily
4. Perform cardiovascular exercise such as routine walking, jogging etc.
5. Avoid tension
6. Take at least 7 hrs of sound sleep
Drug addiction is an addiction of a very severe kind. This causes the sufferer i.e. the drug addict to seek and use drugs compulsively despite the destructive consequences to themselves and those around them. This is known as a chronic brain disease because of the functional and structural changes it causes in the brain. It is the overpowering dependence on illegal or legal medications and drugs. One cannot quit taking drugs just by strong will or good intentions. Ayurveda's holistic method combines exercises, meditation, and herbal medicines to cure addiction towards drugs.
- Panchakarma Therapies-Only an ayurvedic expert should perform the panchakarma therapies and rituals on you. It promotes cleanliness and helps in detoxifying the body. These therapies are done using various herbs and oils in accordance with the ancient traditions to eliminate negative conditions.
- Virechana-It is the most useful Panchakarma therapy to treat addiction. Virechana is known to cleanse the gastro-intestinal tract and purify the blood of toxins of a period of a few days. It helps decontaminate your spleen, stomach, liver, kidneys, colon, intestines and sweat glands through varied herbs and laxatives such as castor oil, mango juice, raisins, cow's milk, psyllium seeds, flaxseed husk, prune and senna.
- Rasayana therapies-Rasayana therapy is another very useful Ayurvedic treatment for treating drug abuse and addiction. It is based upon the transmutation and conservation of energy to improve the mental as well as physical characteristics in order to increase your body's natural metabolic processes while enhancing your immune system and brain function. Rasayana therapy consists of intricate face, head and full body massages which are combined with medicated creams and herb oils. This therapy is also useful to remove artificial aging which occurs due to prolonged drug abuse.
- Yoga-The chaotic chemicals are known to wreak havoc on the drug addict's brain during the process of recovery. Resorting to exercise or yoga will help generate extra endorphins which are very helpful for clarity. To recover from drug addiction, you must join a structured yoga class along with other ayurvedic therapies. Yoga is beneficial since it stimulates every part of your body without applying too much stress on any one part. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.