Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yamuna B SYour feedback matters!
Awesome doctor.!......... My face was worst as l had too many pimples..... But post consultation with Dr yamuna l have got rid of my pimples ........ The medication is available at low cost so anyone can approach guduchi...... dr yamuna s reliable & the best doctor for pimples according to my experience......... I'm making an attempt to recommend others too to you Dr............. Thank you Dr. Yamuna
I'm having very thin hair I want to know about supplements and diet to have thick hair also tell does these supplements are helpful and don't cause any side effects.
Sir, I am facing the problem of hair fall since 9-10 year. Nowadays I am also facing stomach gas problem.
What should be a healthy diet for bachelors living. Outside their. How can I keep myself fresh. Because even after I wake up I feel sleepy alot.
What are the symptoms of swine flu and malaria. What are the precautions to be taken to avoid it.. What are the precautions to be taken to avoid headache And leg pain.
I am 29 years old & I'm trying for pregnancy my last day of period was 1st sept & I miss my period this month yesterday I do normal sonography & my doctor write pcos in both side I'm confused is m pregnant or not.
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure.
Hi m getting pain while follicular test please tell me I everyone will get pain or only I am getting.
Hi. I am Suffering from pimples and spots. Please suggest me good cream to get a clean and clear face please..
Some common causes of itching, burning and irritation in and around the vaginal area are bacterial or yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), menopause and chemical irritants.
Vaginal pinworm infections can also cause vaginal itching; however, this type of infection is common in children. Excessive stress and a weak immune system can increase the likelihood of suffering from this uncomfortable problem.
n addition to itching and burning sensations, there can be redness and swelling in and around the vagina and vulva. Vaginal discharge and odor may also be present. Often, women also have discomfort during urination or intercourse.
To stop vaginal itching, you need to maintain proper hygiene as well as follow a healthy lifestyle and diet. Also, try some simple home remedies to get temporary relief from the symptoms. However, for proper diagnosis and treatment, consult your doctor.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good remedy for treating vaginal itching due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also helps restore the natural pH balance of your vagina.
Add 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water. Use this solution to wash your vagina twice daily for a few days.
Also, add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of raw honey to a glass of warm water and drink it twice daily.
2. Cold Compress
To get instant relief from vaginal itching, use a cold compress. It will help numb the area and reduce the itching and inflammation.
Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth and tie it together.
Put this ice pack on your vagina for a few minutes.
Take a break for 30 seconds and reapply it.
Repeat until the itching stops.
Use this remedy as needed.
You can also rinse the vaginal area with cold water a few times a day.
3. Salt Water Bath
Enjoying a salt-water bath can also relieve vaginal itching. Salt will control the growth of the microbes causing the infection and in turn reduce itching and other discomforts.
Add 1 tablespoon of salt to a glass of water and use it to wash your vagina whenever you feel the itch. This will give you instant relief.
Alternatively, fill your bathtub with warm water and add ½ cup of salt to it. Sit in the water in a squatting position for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily for a few days for best results.
Note: Do not use salt remedies if you have any skin tears or open sores.
Plain, unsweetened yogurt with active cultures is another good remedy to stop itching and burning in and around your vagina. The active cultures can control the spread of infection in the body. It also helps kill yeast and bad bacteria in the vagina and promote the growth of good bacteria.
Dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it in the vagina for two hours. Do this twice daily until you get relief.
Also, eat a few cups of plain, unsweetened yogurt every day.
Garlic contains antibacterial as well as antibiotic properties that can help kill bacteria and yeast. It also improves the immune system and helps the body fight infections.
Dilute a few drops of garlic oil with 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and apply it on the affected area. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Use this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Chew 3 cloves of raw garlic daily. Alternatively, you can take garlic supplements after consulting a doctor.
6. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem, is a good remedy if you suffer from vaginal itching due to a yeast infection. Its antiseptic properties help fight the infection and reduce itching and other discomforts.
Boil a handful of neem leaves in 2 to 3 cups of filtered water. Strain and allow it to cool. Use this solution to rinse the vaginal area once daily for a few weeks.
Alternatively, add a few drops of neem oil to a bowl of lukewarm water and use it as a rinse for your vagina. Repeat this remedy twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Unpasteurized honey is another effective remedy to stop the itching. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help get rid of any microbial infection that could be causing the problem.
Apply unpasteurized honey as an ointment on the affected area. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then take a bath in warm water. Repeat at least twice a day until the symptoms improve.
Also, eat 1 to 2 tablespoons of unpasteurized honey with a glass of warm water twice daily.