Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y. RajyalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am piya dey, I have a question. Have there any problem with periods if I do fingering. Please tall me.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a common disease of the endocrine system among women who have attained the reproductive age. Women with this condition generally have ovaries larger in size than the usual, containing small pockets of fluids, also termed follicles. These 'follicles' develop in each of the ovaries as diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound exam. Abnormal or extended menstrual cycles, unusual growth of hair and obesity are some of the common accompanying conditions associated with PCOS. This disorder can interfere with a woman's menstrual cycles, thus making pregnancy difficult. More so, this condition can also impact the way you look and if left untreated for long, can lead to underlying disorders such as diabetes and other cardio vascular diseases.
Causes of PCOS:
- Excessive Insulin secretion: Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas, which allows the body cells to utilize the sugar; the most important energy store of your body. If you suffer from insulin resistance, your body's ability to utilize the insulin gets affected adversely. This forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin in order to keep up with the body's energy supply. This excess insulin might result in an increase in the production of androgen, which in turn, might interfere with the ovulation ability of the ovaries.
- Low- level inflammation: Inflammation is the process by which your body's white blood cells fight infections. Studies reveal that women suffering from PCOS have a low level inflammation which acts as a catalyst in the production of androgens.
- Can be hereditary: If you have someone in your family suffering from this syndrome, you might automatically be at a higher risk of developing this disorder.
Symptoms accompanying PCOS:
- Abnormal menstrual is the most commonly observed symptom. Women suffering from PCOS may have less than nine periods in an entire year and in some cases, even none.
- Excess secretion of male hormone, which is related to excess androgen production may result in symptoms, such as abnormal body and facial hair, acne and baldness, which is identical to that in men.
- Unexplained increase in weight and difficulty losing it as well.
- Another fairly noticeable symptom is depression.
Hello I have done intercourse 2 time last night in one hour and now in morning pain in my penis and blood come with urine ? What I do ? Why blood come in urine ? Is it serious problem ?
I had unprotected sex with my partner and gave her pill very next morning. This happened 9 days ago. Today she bleed a bit. Is there anything we need to worry about. Please suggest some ideas.
From sep onwards my 8 will start and I am 7 month pregnant so pls suggest me some tips how to work and manage wat to eat becoz my exams are also coming from 1 sep only so it is very critical for me .pls suggest me proper diet and tips that my baby will also remain safe.
1. Raw spinach
2. Raw broccoli
8. Olive oil
I had a sex with my bf without any protection now I am feeling very low and weakness in body. I may got pregnant or not? My mens date is 9 of every month.
Whenever I put my penis in vagina ,I jerk off. please tell me how can I have sex for at least 30 minutes without jerking off.
Does vagina becomes tight if I give 2 year gap but before I do sex 6 7 times in a month for about year means 6 7 times every month so now m giving gap for 2 year due to some reasons so in these 2 year my vagina becomes tight and I nvr had pregnancy and I do not hav children but only sex has ben done 6 7 times every month for about a year and now m waiting so if now I wil not do anything for 2 year does it become tight tell me detail please.
For last 7 years I am having pcod problem of irregular menses since then on medication metformin I know that exercise and losing weight is the only solution but I will not able to do it regularly as my body does not allow I became very exhausted & tired while doing so. I wanted to know am I taking right dosage metformin 850 sr twice in day or should I take any other medicine or in addition to that for pcod?
Hi. Me and my gf have go through an unprotected sex on 13.05.17. And on 16.05.17 take an unwanted 72 for safety delayed but before 72 hrs. Her period cycle date is also 13.05.17. But till now she doesn't have their periods. I am worried now what to do. Please hlp me.
I am 30 years old I had miscarriage which is natural miscarriage at 7 weeks and now I got first period can I try for next pregnancy this month or I have to wait. And I am having fibroid will it effect pregnancy.
Hello I was taking Folic acid 5mg, now it is my second trimester, doctor prescribed Fefol Vit ( iron+vitamins with 0.5mg Folic acid) and Osnate-D (Ossein mineral complex+vitamin D). Now should I take Folic acid 5mg with these two tablets?
Hello doctor, Last few months I have been suffering from irregular periods. I had consulted many doctors for this matter every doctor said it's due to my weight. I am actually 60 kgs. So they told whatever I am suffering becoz of weight. One of the doctor asked me to do many reports like sonography and finally she told its PCOD she even said I need to loose my weight. and further suggested some medicines i. E. Himalaya evecare syrup n obimetSR 500mg tablet. Doctor I don't know what is the purpose of this obimetSR 500mg tablet. and will it help me to reduce weight?
1. Lead in drinking water is absorbed more completely than lead in food
2. It account for more than 50 percent of the lead that is ingested by children
3. Municipal water supplies are controlled and regulated to prevent contamination at the source
4. However, once the water reaches the home, it is rarely regulated, tested, or treated.
5. EPA action level for lead in water is 15 parts per billion (ppb).
6. Most lead-contamination of household water is caused by copper plumbing that is joined with lead solder
7. Lead pipes may contribute to lead-contamination, but lead plumbing usually is old enough to have its inner surface coated with mineral deposits, which prevent leaching of lead into the water supply.
8. Other potential sources for lead contamination include storage cisterns, sources of water that are outside the municipal water districts, and aging water coolers and water heaters, particularly in areas where the water has a relatively low pH
9. Acidity and elevated temperature increase the ability of the water to leach lead from the solder or pipes, as does standing in the pipes for extended periods of time (eg, overnight).
10. The ability of home water filters or purifiers to remove lead depends upon the type of filter. Ion-exchange, reverse-osmosis filters, and distillation are effective in removing lead, but the most commonly available home filters (glass fiber and carbon) usually include packaging material that specifies that they do not efficiently remove heavy metals.Water to be used for cooking or drinking should come from the cold tap because hot water is more able to leach lead from the pipes. In addition, the water should be run for some time before it is collected; this flushes the water that has a higher lead content (caused by standing in the pipes) down the drain