Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Y RajalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Medical Abortion -non-surgical abortion in which medicines are used to induce abortion
Surgical Abortion - Use of transcervical procedures for terminating pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration, and dilatation and evacuation (D&E).
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
If pregnancy is <= 7 weeks; medical Method with Mifepristone with misoprostol is favorable as success rate is as high as 97%.
If pregnancy is between 7-12 weeks; surgical abortion is the only option.
If pregnancy is beyond 12 weeks – 20 weeks, then woman needs to be hopsitalized and will be given either Mifepristone followed by Misoprostol tablet or only misoprostol tablets and woman will then abort like a miscarriage in the Hospital. If any products are remaining then it will be evacuated surgically.
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion.
If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. Before 7 weeks), final choice to be given to the woman.
Summary of Choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
<= 7 weeks – Medical method or Surgical method
7-12 weeks – Surgical abortion
12 – 20 weeks – Medicines with or without surgical procedure in Hospital.
Advantages of Medical Abortion
Avoids surgery. Controlled by the woman and may take place at home. No need for admission to the Hospital. Usually well tolerated by women if properly counselled and motivated. No need to take leave from work, as bleeding can be manged with menstrual pads even while in office or at work.
Disadvantages of Medical abortion
Takes time (hours to days) to complete abortion, and the timing may not be predictable. Women experience bleeding and cramping, and potentially some other side-effects (nausea, vomiting, fever, and shivering). May require more clinic visits than surgical abortion.
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
Quick procedure. Complete abortion easily verified by evaluation of aspirated products of conception. Takes place in a Hospital so Sterilization or placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) may be performed at the same time as the procedure. It can be performed under local anaesthesia if woman is properly motivated and counselled.
Disadvantages of Surgical abortion
Requires instrumentation of the uterus. Small risk of uterine or cervical injury. Timing of abortion controlled by the Doctor and Hospital. Anaesthesia wneeds to be administered. Most doctors perform this procedure under short general anaesthesia. Woman needs to be in the Hospital for at least 6 hours. Effect of sedation will be there throuout the day.
Hi I am 25 years female can you please tell me prepone periods medicine who doesnt have any side effect? because my marriage schedule next week can you help me early?
Why one should go for lapro hysteroscopy? And provide complete details about this. Any risk factor or any other option is there any medicine for cure. Cost of Lapro surgery.?
I had my period on the 10th of June and it's about 28 to 30 days cycle, can you please tell me when are the fertile days for planning to get pregnant?
Hi Doc, I am male 26 years old, I am married since 1 years and now we are planning for a baby, could you pls tell me rit tym to mate, as while mating when I put my semen inside and take out then after few seconds semen also comes out. Pls help me out to get through this.
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
Dear Mam, I do my pregnancy test 2 days back through hcg and my score was 27 and today i recheck again my hcg test and my score is 22.41. Please suggest.
I am a female, age is 27 years. My left fallopian tube is seems likely blocked. Can I conceive with this problem or if not then what is the treatment.
Sir jb phli bar sex krne se pr mane Unwanted 72 de di or jb second time sex kiya or 72 nhi di to blooding kyun hui or jise se sex kiya uski already period time jaldi aajane ki problem h to kya isme wo pregnant hone k koi chance h or wo blooding kyun hui uska answer do.
I have been married for a year now & my husband visits every 6 months. Last feb when I & my husband went on a vacation we had protected sex four days in a row wherein the 1st day I had an i pill, 2nd and 3rd day we used condom approx 9 (4+5) & 4th day i-pill Since then I have been getting periods every month after 24-28 days but lasts only 2 days Also I have been experiencing weakness Hairfall problem, joints pain, headache Also there is constant mild pain in my abdomen & before periods there is also lower right back pain. Before february I had my periods normally which lasted 4-5 days and pre periods symptoms were leg pain and pain in abdomen. please help.
I am 22 years old female, I have itching in the wall of labia minor (vagina) please do lemme know is it a serious problem.
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STD infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.
Call them myths or even old wives’ tales, these false notions about sex may be the hurdle between you and carnal bliss. There’s a dangerous idea that some people have about sex being effortless when you are with the ‘right’ person. Just because sex education is often called ‘The facts of life’ that doesn’t mean that myths surrounding human sexuality do not circulate in society.
There are certain beliefs about sex which people think to be true that are capable of causing more harm than good to your love life. Call them myths or even old wives’ tales, these false notions about sex may be the hurdle between you and carnal bliss.
The top four myths that may be messing up your sex life are: 1. Good sex happens spontaneously:
There's a dangerous idea that some people have about sex being effortless when you are with the ‘right’ person. In fact, such people may even go on to say that if you need to plan things and make special efforts, then you might be with the ‘wrong’ person. This type of thought process is simply an immature take on relationships and can make people have doubts about perfectly happy and long-lasting bonds. The truth is that people in long-term relationships mostly enjoy really good sex only after both partners make sincere efforts.
2. Sex is a great deal better when you’re young:
A survey conducted by Relate discovered that most couples are busy dealing with careers and families in the years when they are supposed to be at their ‘sexual peak’ and have little time for sex. It even went on to conclude that sexual confidence really begins to peak between the ages of 60 and 69.
3. People don’t watch porn when they’re in a relationship:
Watching porn and having sex are two completely different experiences. It is wrong to assume that if your partner watches porn then it might be because they are not enjoying sex with you. Many people with a higher sex drive prefer to masturbate rather than bug their partner for more sex than they want to have. Men want to have sex all the time contrary to popular perception, men aren’t the mean sex machines that they are made out to be. Factors like his general health, stress levels, confidence and relationship dynamics play a huge role in whether he is in the mood or not at a given moment.
4. Men want to have sex all the time:
Contrary to popular perception, men aren’t the mean sex machines that they are made out to be. Factors like his general health, stress levels, confidence and relationship dynamics play a huge role in whether he is in the mood or not at a given moment.