Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Y. M. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am 48 yrs (male). I have multiple problems. I am diabetic. Recent measurement is ff: 160 & pp: 186. Have cholesterol of 247. Taking gluconom g2 morning & evening before meals/dinner. But the main issue I am going discuss is my shoulder pain. Having pain at neck and left shoulder which results my left arm. Its feel like pins in the left arm just below the joint and its seems the less blood circulation to left arm. I am also taking some homeo medicine (don't know the medicine) please advise.
In winters, during doing anything physically exerting like gymming or playing a sport, or getting out in the sun, the body develops hives, nausea and rapid heartbeat. Consequently, I cannot get into gymming or sports in winters. Havr been experiencing this last 10-12 years. Could this be treated?
I am getting afraid when I fight or quarrel with my friends or enemies and my heart beatings are increasing so please give me a better prescription to avoid those.
I am sanjay kapoor and take BP medication, I found my cholesterol is 206, can I eat garlic empty stomach help to reduce my cholesterol? I also have burning sensation in my feet, any remedies, I take bicassol and turmeric milk and it helps a bit, any better remedy with long term.
Hi, I am a 50 years old Male. Recently I have been diagnosed to have high blood pressure and i am visiting a doctor in my neighborhood. BP is around 140/100 for the last 3 months. The doctor has prescribed Aquazide 12.5 mg bi-weekly and I am having this for the last 1.5 months. There has been much change in the BP since then which I measure regularly from different dispensaries. All I need to know is, Are we going in the right direction with this or need I do more" I appreciate that it would be difficult for you to comment comprehensively, w/o even looking at me.
I have unexplained chest pain all around the chest. Also I have digestion problem. My ecg, echo and tmt, chest xray, abdomen ultrasound is perfect. But I keep on having chest pains anxiety and panic all day from one year. Please help. I am so scared that I go for ecg everyday. I am taking cholesterol medicines. I always feel like I have a heart problem or heart attack.
Infiltrative cardiomyopathy--patient has mri finding and vpc problem controlled by betablocker. Please advice.
My granny has blood pressure problem. She is very active even at the age of 75. What she should do for her?
I always feel negative in my life. I do not know what to do. Do you think I need doctors consultancy. please reply fast I do not open up that easily keep everything in my heart. Always feel suffering.
I m 22 years old and have a Blood Pressure low problem since 2 years. Can you suggest me what should I do?
I am 48yrs, have diabetic and high BP. How I know that my heart is healthy. Pse suggest how I keep my hearth healthy. Thank you.
Dear Doctor, Recent diagnostic tests for Blood Sugar has reported to be very high for me. Also underwent a random blood sugar today. Report says 361.7. I am afraid to get into allopathic treatment. Please advice.
I AM a patient of blood pressure, Dr. prescribe me targit h 80 Tab, but this medicine is not available in med store, what is other option, please advice me.
I am having problem of acid re flux symptoms every night whenever I eat some thing I have a feeling that there is burning sensation in my chest.Any remedy and which type of doctor should I consult ?
I am 56 years old and suffering from high BP for over 12 years. I am taking 1 tablet daily Nebistar 5 mg. My 3 month average of Hb1ac test is 6.5%. My weight is 83 kgs. I want to enjoy better sex life where my erections are hard and long lasting. Can you please prescribe a course of medicines that I can take for long period which has no side effects which increases my sex drive and solves the problem of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
My father and grandfather are passed away by heart attack and now I am also scared is this will affect me too. can it be genetic
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.