Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Y B Hydersab
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Y B HydersabYour feedback matters!
How to keep dental hygiene for my 2 year old kid. He has all his teeth. Which toothpaste should I use for him.
I am 25 year old male. I have black lips. Never smoked. Is desowen is good to apply or lip bless? Two different doctors suggest different things.
Hi all, This is Chandralekha. Currently I am 8th month carrying on 23rd September 2016 I got dengue fever and admitted in hospital and discharge 28th September 2016. Now I am getting too much chest pain. Chest is very hard both the side. Baby movements are also little slow. Can you please check advice me if there is any problem. Regards Chandralekha.
I am 30 years old girl and I am single. Last month my periods came after one week late from my date. Now, this month my period did not start and also 10 days have been passed from the actual date. Can you suggest the reason. Should I consult to Dr.
I'm 22 years old. And suffering from back pain. It seems only in winter and rainy seasons and also body pains how can I control these.?
Hi, it's been 15 days that I didn't get my period, I had sex, to get my periods I am eating papaya, could you please suggest me whether eating papaya helps me getting my period or should use any medicine I don't want pregnancy now, so I have to get periods.
I am 29 years old having teeth pain while eating and drinking cool water, some times it even swells near the left cheek. so, please suggest me what to do.
One of the best and easiest ways to manage the symptoms of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD is through a healthy and nutrient dense diet. This would not only help you to not only keep the severity of the symptoms in check but also to maintain a healthy weight.
Tips to keep in mind when choosing a diet
- Managing Weight: It is essential for patients with COPD to manage their weight. The symptom of breathlessness could be more severe if you are overweight. You might feel fatigued and tired if you are underweight. Therefore it is crucial to monitor your calorie intake and therefore also your weight as recommended by the American Lung Association.
- Balanced Diet: It is essential for patients with COPD to eat a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet. One that is varied and rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats or proteins according to a study published in the August 2014 issue of the International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. A well-balanced diet will ensure that you get all the necessary vitamins such as C, E, and D that are necessary to help you cope with this condition.
- Protein: Lean proteins such as eggs, meat, poultry, nuts, beans, and fish especially oily fish such as mackerel and sardines, should be incorporated into your meal plan. These proteins are necessary for patients with COPD especially if they are managing their condition through exercise.
- Carbohydrates and food high in fibre such as lentils, oats, and beans will improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- Potassium: Fruits and vegetables such as beets, potatoes, bananas are especially beneficial in preventing water retention in patients
Foods To Limit Or Avoid
People react differently to foods, there are some foods that patients with COPD should limit or avoid but if they do not seem to have an impact on your symptoms you can make them a part of your meal plan.
- Limiting salt intake irrespective of whether you are a COPD patient or not is always a good step to take. But if you are a COPD patient excessive salt in your diet could cause fluid retention which could worsen your shortness of breath.
- Dairy products such as milk and cheese can irritate the respiratory pathways making phlegm thicker.
- Certain fruits and vegetables such as apples, cabbage, stone fruits such as peaches and soybeans can cause gas and bloating.
- Caffeine in coffee and chocolate could interfere with certain medications that you have been prescribed. Confirm with your doctor if you can still include them in your diet. Patients with COPD need to drink plenty of fluids and it might be beneficial to opt for non-caffeinated beverages.
- Fried, greasy and spicy food can cause gas and indigestion which can affect breathing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!