Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Wasiq RafeeqYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, my mom is suffering from mouth ulcers since long. Doctor prescribed her medications (cap cobadex z and orasep gel). Ulcers got cured with this medications but again she started facing the same problem. It seems this doesn't work. Also today morning she checked her throat and it seems red inside. She told me earlier when spitting in the morning while doing teeth brush, blood appears in spit. Please let me know if that's just a mouth ulcer/throat infection/tonsil problem and any thing critical. Lookinf forward for your quick response as her pain is troubling her and i'm getting more worried. Many thanks. With regards, meena.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Dear doctor ,now a day's l feel that my mouth remains bitter in taste 24 hours regularly . Please Suggest best home made remedies for me.
Hello, I've been super stressed lately for the past 2 months about having first been diagnosed with tonsillitis and then after antibiotics, Balanitis and Oral Thrush. Now my only symptoms are a feeling of a lump in my throat which could be related to stress because I have a small history with.
I have a prblm that, I suffer from mouth ulcer every month before getting period. And after period ulcer resolves itself. I drink tea daily alone. To please let me know the what are the causes for ulcer?
My sister is 18 years old. There has become several holes inside her mouth and lips and upper side of lips. There are white cover on the holes. She can't move her mouth, can't eat, can't talt properly, it is painful. Please doctors consult her some medicine.
I drilled my teeth but not get filled. As dentist promise me to clean that hole and brush twice. I does not feel much sensitivity. Its been 15 days now and clean that area .but I saw some black spot there is it possible to start decay within 15-20 days. I think they are just stain.
In last 2 year I have a problem in my neck there are some white buds (like small partial) are growth in my mouth that is not painful but when I remove this then some of them has very bad smell so please tell me that what is the problem in my mouth and neck?
I am a 18 year old boy. When I am drinking cold or hot water then a little bit of pain is occurring in my teeth, I am using sensitivity tooth brush & tooth paste'sensodyne' but the pain not reducing. What should I do? suggest me a best tooth paste or mouth wash.
I have a question. I have cavities six of them precise. Got filled all of them with composite filling .Now I am in depression thinking I will lose my teeth everyday. And what will be next step if the composite filling end its life time?
Puberty, Menstruation, Pregnancy, use of birth control pills and Menopause cause hormone surges that leads to sensitive bleeding gums and even cavities.
Call 8121 53 53 53 for preventive check up.