Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Waseemuddin Khan
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Waseemuddin KhanYour feedback matters!
I met an accident on bike. Felt some pain in my shoulder. Icebag treatment done roundly everyday. But nothing changed. In deep trouble. What should I do? Or what treatment should I follow?
I'm suffering with back pain from last one year daily my physical activity is good mean every day I walk at least 3 km.
Backache is the oldest agony that the mankind suffers from. In the prehistoric era, even the angels must have suffered from it. Though in the ancient Indian literature, no direct mention of this disease is made, it can be safely assumed that in the epic period of Mahabharata, Bhishma Pitamaha must have had some backache when he was lying on the bed of thorns.
Whatever be the exact aetiology of backache, it is for the medical scientist and the Pundits in the field to determine. Human back is a big Pandora box. Causes for backache are many. They range from a thorn prick in the foot to prolapsed intervertebral disc in the spine. Even, a trauma to human pride can cause backache. It will be no exaggeration to compare the backache with an elephant that the six blind men wanted to know about. One of them called it a pillar, other called it a wall, third called it a rope, fourth it a flap of leather, and so on. Similarly many scientists have approached the problem of backache from different angles and have ascribed as many reasons as its causes and suggested remedies for the same; depending on their own concept of human back - its structure and functions.
In last few decades, much scientific work has been done; data compiled and analysed to determine the exact cause of backache. It is estimated that at one point or other in their lives, eight out of every ten people on earth suffer from this universal affliction. It can strike almost everyone, the young and the old, male and female, people of all classes 7 and profession. Biggest leaders of the world have suffered from backache. President John F Kennedy spent hours in the soothing comforts of White House rocking chair, only to nurse his backache,
This was his wartime injury.
The largest group of people who suffer from this are the young housewives who have small children and are fully occupied at home. They have no outside job. When they have backache, a double burden is imposed on the family. If the person affected is the chief bread earner, then the situation becomes all the more worse.
Backache is not a killing disease, but it certainly cripples the individual for the time being. No one except the victim can truly understand the complete sense of helplessness and despair that overcomes, once an energetic adult who is suddenly struck down by the devastating, usually temporary ailment. The victim's world quickly shrinks, often limited at the onset to bed or couch. Work and household rituals are totally ignored due to pain. Dressing becomes torturous, a visit to toilet is a major expedition, sitting in chair for reading or eating can be an agony. Sex becomes virtually impossible. Even after the pain subsides, the sufferer wonders, almost at every turn, whether it will strike again.
Beyond the personal grief, back pain exerts a staggering socio-economic cost. Million and millions of work days are lost each year because of a backache. It is the single largest cause of worker absenteeism in all the countries of the world.
The remedies are simple and effective in most of cases. The most important being 'not to get tense and nervous'. An objective personal assessment of the disability with a relaxed mind and a wilful relaxation of the whole body coupled with a few pills and postures ( remedial exercises) is perhaps the secret of success in getting rid of this man's oldest agony. But in some cases even surgery or psychotherapy may be needed.
In the present series, I have attempted, step by step, how to modify the style of daily living so that this 'devastating though temporary ailment' can be prevented.
I have fallen down from bike and got a wound on my leg by which I am unable to stand also wat is the quickest way to cure as I have only 2 days remaining to travel saudi arabia.
Hi I had problem of back pain on my body this is very pain full. I am not able to sleep well with this problem so please give me some suggestions about dis problem. Thanks
Frozen shoulder or adhesive capsulitis is one of the most common disorders of shoulders, usually observed in people aged above 35. Though there is no correlation between gender and age, this disorder seems to strike when the shoulder joint’s fluid connective tissue becomes stiff and inflamed somehow, thus restricting overall motion and causing sessions of indescribable pain. Though the scientific community has not been able to come up with any explanation for the exact causes of such disorders, it is believed to be associated with past trauma or injury to the said area, and/or may involve some auto-immune components.
Exercises which can bring relief:
- Finger walk: Facing a wall at a distance of three quarters of your arm's length, use your fingertips of the affected arm to reach the wall at your waist level. Use your fingers to slowly walk up the wall just as in a spider motion till the level you are comfortable.
- Cross body reach: Use the unaffected arm to gently lift and turn the affected arm across the body; the shoulder should be stretched by applying gentle pressure on it.
- Towel stretch: Use both arms to hold a towel of about 3 feet in length behind the back horizontally; using the unaffected arm, pull the affected arm upwards.
- Pendulum stretch: Stand upright and then gently lean forward, using the good arm to support your weight. Let your affected arm hang low, such that free movements can be observed. Rotate your affected arm in a circular motion, preferably with a diameter of about a foot. 10 revolutions a day are ideal for beginners, which can later be increased. However, make sure that you are comfortable with this exercise, and allow your arm to move freely without stretching it forcibly.
- Armpit stretch: Using your unaffected arm, lift the affected arm on a table/shelf placed at your chest level. Bend your knees gradually, stretch your armpit gently, and then slowly straighten it. Try to stretch a little further with each bend, without forcing it on your shoulder.
- Inward rotation: Hook a rubber exercise band to a fixed position such as a doorknob; hold one end of the band with your affected arm such that your elbow makes a right angle. Gently pull the band about two to five inches towards your body, keep it for five seconds and then let it go.
- Outward rotation: Use both your hands to hold a rubber exercise band such that your elbows make a right angle with the band. Pull your affected arm away from your body by about five inches, keep it that way for five seconds, and then gently let it go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.