Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. WaseemYour feedback matters!
I'm having severe tooth ache for the past six months, my tooth is half broken and I have swelling beneath my gums. What should I Do?
Hello doctor, I am Rana Mukherjee from Bolpur shantiniketan. I am 22 years old and suffering dental problem from last 8 years. I have visited lots of repeated doctors, already done 5 r. C. T. But no R.C.T was for life long, every year I have depended 20000 thousand for my teeth. No results. Now I still have dental problems doctor who I have visited those days they are saying its genetically. But no one in my house with this problem. Now I have 12 weak teeth. And all the R.C.T teeth have same problem still. Hard pain, bad smell all time with teeth muscle pain. I am weak in english but tried to express my feelings. Hope you can help me out.
I have pain in my teeth. I only chew from the right side. Having pain while chewing food from the left side.
Hi. Sir, me bahut jada gutka khata hu isiliye me Nicotex nicotine gum use kar raha hu .but kitni dose & Konsa time per khana he .Advice lena chata hu.
I have yellow teeth, I need to clean my teeth and I want white teeth please tell me remedies to cure it?
If I want to loose my cheek fat or double chin through chewing gum so for what time duration should I daily chew a chewing gum and for how many months. I have a little chubby cheeks not too fatty but yes more than normal cheeks and they look bad as my body shape is different and height is also short.
I am suffering from pain in gums due to wisdom tooth and the pain has transferred to that side ear. Please tell some medicine or antibiotic to get relief from that. Few months before also I suffered same and doctor referred some medicine to me but I do not remember those.
I am 22 year old male. My teeth is bad beacuse of my bad habbit chewing tobacco. But now I leave that.
Few days back I have done teeth filling, now I am feeling kind of pain, what may be the cause and how to get rid of this?
My teeth colour is yellow and sensitive teeth and I feel my teeth comes down and pain and my teeth becomes thin what I have too.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.