Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. VrindaYour feedback matters!
I had headache for more than 20 days, and it is increasing day by day so what shall I do please tell me?
I am facing groin area fungal infection from few weeks now, rashes & itchiness are its syndromes, please suggest me some fungal cream or medicine I can use?
Premature Ejaculation I am a perfectly normal guy. I am not over weight. I do not drink or smoke I think I am suffering from the above problem. please help.
My 45 year old mom has diabetes from 8 years. She is taking insulin. From 3 years she is having severe knee pain. And all types of treatment has done and none worked. Doctors said cartilage (gel like thing) has dried up completely in her knees. Please suggest foods to build cartilage and any supplement and perfect treatment?
I am facing bad breathing problem. Not proper speaking. Actually my lower comes forward to my upper jaw when I speak. I don't know what is the exactly issue.
Sir mujhe chicken gunia huaa before two month but joint pain nahi ja raha weakness bahut jyada hai weight loss ho gayaa 5_7 kg pls kuch btao.
Hello sir, I have burning in my stomach since 1 year I have tried auyurveda medicines but all in vein some doctors told that I may have ulcer. Please guide me.
I am having acne problem since last two years and now itching is also in face and hair loss also but it's now only please suggest me what I should do.
I feel that I have lost my sexual stamina n I can't hold for perfect time after penetration. What can I do to increase sex timing.
I have a problem of frequent urination. I was worried I may have diabetes, but my fasting blood sugar level is 84mg/dl. So, what can be the reason for this?
I am 35 year old and I am suffering from diabetes and uric acid. My weight is 85 kg and height is 163 cm. My problem is I am suffering from fever from one month and I have taken xray and blood test.in blood count lymphocyte is 46 percent. I am feeling chills, fatigue, joint pain, little difficulty breathing and sinus pain and back pain and pain from chest backside that come and goes and my sputum colour is white. Pls suggest any homoeo medicine.
Hi, I am 27years old female unmarried and I had ASD Closure minimal invasive Surgery 10 months back. And now my parents wanted me to get married. Can I go for marital life without any doubt. Is there any precautions that I should take to get married?
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that results in high blood sugar levels in the body. It basically means that the body is either insensitive to insulin or the insulin production levels in the body go down. The various symptoms of diabetes are blurred vision, weight loss and hunger.
Some other symptoms of diabetes are:
- Excessive urine output
- Wounds that take time to heal
- Yeast infections
- You may experience fatigue on a regular basis
- Frequent Mood Changes
Diabetes is also known as a Lifestyle disease. From the food you eat to the amount of activity, they are all connected to diabetes prevention. The various modifications that you may carry out to prevent diabetes are:
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it increases your overall wellbeing. It helps you to lose weight and allows you to maintain optimal blood sugar levels. It can also improve your body's sensitivity to insulin to prevent blood sugar problems. Exercise helps in increasing endorphin levels in the body which are responsible for keeping you happy and satiated, thereby avoiding depression and over-eating.
- Eat more whole grains: Unlike simple carbohydrates, whole grains are complex carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar steadily instead of spiking it suddenly. Avoid refined grains as most of the important nutrients are stripped from refined grains. A Well-balanced diet with adequate amounts of PUFA/MUFA help in increasing the insulin sensitivity, reducing cholesterol and heart problems, etc.
- Eat a lot of fiber: If you have type 2 diabetes, you should be, including high-fiber foods in your diet is a healthy way to control high blood sugar. Fiber does not raise blood glucose levels. Because it is not broken down by the body, the fiber in an apple or a slice of whole grain bread has no effect on blood glucose levels because it isn't digested. The grams of fiber can actually be subtracted from the total grams of carb you are eating if you are using carbohydrate counting for meal planning. Fiber helps you in feeling satiated, thus prevents you from overeating. It also improves your blood sugar levels and decreases your chances of getting affected by heart disease.
- Lose weight: You should aim to maintain a healthy weight level as it also decreases the risk of diabetes. It also helps in improving your cardiovascular health. Follow a regimen, which is based on a balanced diet and moderate amount of exercise. Losing weight is the best way to keep diabetes away. Weight is something that we can keep under control. The waist size of men and women should not be more than 150 cm and 90 cm respectively. Always maintain your ideal body weight as per your BMI (Body Mass Index). Globally, obesity is one of the leading causes of diabetes.
- Avoid sugary drinks: With ten teaspoons of sugar in every 12-ounce can or bottle, sweet drinks can send your blood sugar soaring and boost your risk for weight gain, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. One sugary drink a day adds 150 empty calories and 40 to 50 grams of blood-sugar-raising carbohydrates to your diet, and can lead to a weight gain of 15 pounds per year. Switching to healthier drinks can save hundreds of calories and a lot of carbohydrates.
- Avoid Stress: When you are stressed, your blood sugar levels rise. Stress hormones like epinephrine and cortisol kick in since one of their major functions is to raise blood sugar to help boost energy when it's needed most. You can't fight danger when your blood sugar is low, so it rises to help meet the challenge. Both physical and emotional stress can prompt an increase in these hormones, resulting in an increase in blood sugars and diabetes. Ensuring a stress-free life is very important if you want to stay away from diabetes. Avoid stress by going out for garden-walks, indulging in social causes/activities, yoga, meditation, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.