Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vjiayakumar
Submit a review for Dr. VjiayakumarYour feedback matters!
She is suffering from knee pain, in winter time her body so much pain due to less calcium and she have authorities problem and many time her knee, bone so much pain and she is weak. So what should I do for her to recover her health. Please tell me. Thanking you. I am her husband.
My eyes is very painful and my hole body is pain. Sir kuch batao mene or jagah bhi dikhaya tha lekin koi farak nhi aya.
For perfect treatment in slip disk,neck pain ,frozen shoulder,back pain, all type of pain, obesity etc contact.
Dr Asha Gupta
120/25 vijay path,mansarover,Jaipur.
I have pain in my body any where any time some time it normally but some time much pain tell me what I am do.
I'm studying B. Tech. I'm getting headache since 2 years. I consulted many doctors but no result at all. I'm getting pain on forehead, nerves at cheeks and neck. I'm getting pain for 6-8 hours a day. My nose gets blocked and I have cold all times and I can't inhale. When I get up from sleep I'm getting severe headache and became lazy. I'm losing my memory power. Give me solution for my problem. Thank you sir/madam.
I am suffering from whole body pain as well as knee joint pain ,foot pain. As doctor said bcos of high uric acid. My age is 38. I be no kids. Please suggest me home remedy for reduce pain.
I am 56 years male I have body pain early morning up to half an hour then not. I had take blood report got negative result what is reason?
I am 60 years of age. I use anti-depression medication. I have ankolozing spondylitis. One doctor prescribed Indocap SR. This medication is working for me. However the doctor says do not use indocap SR daily. But my problem is if I do not take indocap sr, my body pains are severe and stiffness in the neck is making entire body becomes stiff and painful. I do not normally get any abdominal effects when I take NSAIDS. Doctor says it not good to use indocap sr on a regular basis. If I do not, my pains are severe. What should I do in this situation? Please help.
Swelling or edema of the legs and hands is a very common condition and can be due to various types and reasons. The medical term is peripheral edema, the arms and legs being the peripheries. It is often due to fluid retention and in some cases, could also be due to blockage of fluid movement or excessive fluid in the body.
It can also be sudden or gradual – swelling that happens suddenly is usually due to prolonged standing or walking which leads to poor venous return. Gradual swelling is more a cause for concern and implies underlying disease.
At a cellular level, there is leakage of fluid into the surrounding tissue, which causes puffiness. In order for the kidneys to maintain fluid balance, they accumulate more fluid, which gets into a vicious cycle with both intracellular and extracellular fluid accumulation.
There are many causes for edema, but the following could be specific to vascular issues.
- Prolonged sitting or standing: When there is long periods of inactivity due to sitting with feet down or standing, there is fluid accumulation in the feet. Over a period of time, it could also affect the valve function and worsen the condition, causing it to be a chronic issue. Let's take a look at some of the common causes:
- Pregnancy: The hormones lead to overall body fluid retention, and so feet swelling is very common with pregnancy. The good news is that it subsides soon after delivery.
- Blood clots in the legs can affect blood flow, leading to swelling
- Heart failure
- Varicose veins, where there is a vascular issue leading to swelling
- Liver cirrhosis, which causes ascites and feet swelling as the main symptoms
- Lymphedema: Any improper lymph circulation also leads to hand and feet swelling
- Any tumor or infection along the path of circulation can lead to fluid accumulation, due to impaired blood/lymphatic flow.
- Skin gets stretched, shiny, and loses hair
- There could be dimpling, where if the skin is pressed for about 10 seconds and released, it could take time to return to normal
- Stiffness of the surrounding joints
- Weight gain
- Fullness of nearby veins
- Increased blood pressure
Treatment: This would depend on the cause of the edema.
- In transient cases, lifting the legs up often helps in release of the edema.
- Underlying liver or heart conditions need to be treated to relieve the edema. Diuretics, which promote expelling of fluid from the body, are often used to reduce edema.
- The infection or tumor or growth along the path of the blood vessels tree needs to be treated either with medications or surgery.
- In cases where there are vascular issues, surgery may be required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!